• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Man is trash in that game. Actually, most of the roster is trash in MvC... minus the 3rd one kinda sorta! :laugh:

DAT METAL BLADE!!! Also, I would love the Flash Man time stop. That move is freaking awesome. (maybe the secret platform creating weapon in the original Mega Man, too).
The original MvC roster was okay, but having Roll and War Machine over some other characters was a waste. MvC2 roster was lazy, had way too many clones, jokes, original characters (why the heck did they need them?!) and also Street Fighter and X-Men characters, the characters themselves were all just ripped from past SF games too. It's amazing it took characters from other leading franchises like Arthur, Haggar, Spencer, Zero, Doc. Strange, and Thor so long to get in.

If Mega does get Robot Master weapons, I'm postive that they'll be ones that function differently than a buster alternative like Metal Blade, Needle Cannon, and Laser Trident (which would be good overall as it would offer more options and varity).

Also Metal Blade is overrated. :troll:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Megaman's palette should include his default blue, the Rush costume (red/white), a green color from his games, Elecman's costume and maybe a suit looking like X. (If Marth can get away with having two blues, he can too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's talk music

The obvious ones are the Megaman 2 Main theme (which was his MVC1 theme BTW), Wily's Castle and Cut Man's theme (used by chubby Megs in SFXT)

My personal picks are

Megaman 3 title
Protoman's theme
Zero's theme (the one from X1)
X1's intro stage
Where the Wind Blows (Roll's theme, obligatory overly calm theme [like calling to the night or Midna's lament])

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Cut Man's theme for sure would be amazing!

I wouldn't doubt that the stage would probably be Wily's Castle though I would be hoping for something a little more original of an idea.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did a Wily's Castle stage concept a while back (on the old Wii U thread), had it take place in the teleporter room where you would teleport to various robot master stages. But I deleted all the pics that went with it, that and it was a little too complicated...

I did have these songs on the stage though:

Mega Man 2 - Wily's Castle (Stage 1)
Mega Man - Cut Man
Mega Man 2 - Title Screen
Mega Man 3 - Title Screen
Mega Man 4 - Cossack Stage 2
Mega Man 5 - Dark Man
Mega Man 9 - We are the Robots (Wily Stage 2)
Mega Man X - Central Highway
Mega Man Zero - Zero's Theme (MMX)
Mega Man ZX - Green Grass Gradation
Mega Man Legends - The Flutter Vs. The Gesellschaft
Mega Man Battle Network - Main Theme

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nice selection there.

And a piece of random trivia, the Megaman 2 main theme is actually a remix of the Megaman 1 Credits music.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice selection there.

And a piece of random trivia, the Megaman 2 main theme is actually a remix of the Megaman 1 Credits music.
Well thank you.

And yeah, I knew that. "Is able to speed run MM1. Has a high score of 2 Million+." :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is there an agreement that Rock's Final Smash would be the Rush Adapter?
I had an idea a while back that since it doesn't change Rock too much, that he could also summon Beat and Tango to help attack opponents.

But yeah, Super Rush Adapter is pretty much agreed by all. It's also one of the reasons I hate Hyper Mega Man so much (was their any real point to it when they had SRA?).

volbound1700

Smash Master
To me, outside of Masterchief (which doesn't even fit in with Brawl) and Pac-man,
Megaman and Sonic are probably the most known non-Nintendo Characters. Both series are bigger than any Nintendo series except Mario and Zelda (and maybe Pokemon).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If classic megaman were included, it would be interesting if they did sort of a Game&Watch thing where they made him a 2-d, 8-bit sprite. Megaman fans would eat that up, considering most of his fans think his best days were on the NES.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If classic megaman were included, it would be interesting if they did sort of a Game&Watch thing where they made him a 2-d, 8-bit sprite. Megaman fans would eat that up, considering most of his fans think his best days were on the NES.
Not so sure about that. For the longest time fans just wanted Megaman Classic in 3D so they can rip the model and make GMods and what have you with them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, I'm pretty sure that using the classic version with a 3D model is the way to go.

2D is only implemented if its the defining character trait, like Mr. Game & Watch or Paper Mario.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There are plenty of people who see Megamans 8-bit look as a defining part of the character. Just look at the positive reaction to Megaman 9 & 10.

3D or 2D, he'd better be playable.

And now for something completely different...Assist Trophies!

Assuming Megaman classic is the playable representative, should the assist trophy be someone else from the classic series or a representative from another series?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Much like the Sonic series had it's 2nd most popular character as a trophy let's hear it for

ZERO

When summoned Zero Punches the ground and summons giant lasers like his MMX2 boss appearance.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd personally rather see Zero run around the stage and slash people up with his sword, ala Gray Fox in Brawl. Also, i don't think he got the ground punch lasers until X5(X4?). In X2 he just made rocks fly up.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
And now for something completely different...Assist Trophies!

Assuming Megaman classic is the playable representative, should the assist trophy be someone else from the classic series or a representative from another series?
If the character is original Megaman, then make the assist trophy Protoman. He can fire with his gun and do a charging dash with his shield. He can be like how Saki was in Brawl.

Haxeye

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of people who see Megamans 8-bit look as a defining part of the character. Just look at the positive reaction to Megaman 9 & 10.

3D or 2D, he'd better be playable.
It's not the look that they find defining imo, it's the gameplay. This is no different from how fans of Sonic found the old school Sonic gameplay better than the new stuff and why they wanted that gameplay recreated with modern 3d graphics (Sonic 4). It doesn't mean the character has to be a sprite.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's not the look that they find defining imo, it's the gameplay. This is no different from how fans of Sonic found the old school Sonic gameplay better than the new stuff and why they wanted that gameplay recreated with modern 3d graphics (Sonic 4). It doesn't mean the character has to be a sprite.
See this review of Megaman 10. After about 3 and a half minutes, he pretty much says he only wants Megaman to be 8-bit. But I admit guys like this aren't the only type of Megaman fan out there.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
On one hand, there is nothing really spectacular about the Rush Adapter. All he gets is a jet boost, a rocket punch and...that's it. The Hyper Megaman from (MVC) is much more imposing and gets bonus points for being an actual super in its respective games. On the other hand though, I did support the idea of the Rush Adapter being his Final Smash back in the Brawl days and I suppose Sakurai could bring out its full potential. Also now that I think about it, the Hyper Megaman never had a Nintendo appearence.

Also for an Assist Trophy idea, how about Rush and he could do one of three things at random.

1. He could transform into a jet and give a ride to the player who summoned him. The Rider would be invincible for the duration of the ride (this didn't apply in the games).

2. He could follow the player around and if the player is about to KOed, he will fly out and coil the player back onto the stage. Of course, this depends on whether or not the player has used his Up B and it also depends on the percentage as a high percentage will send you flying too fast for rescue.

3. He could dig out items and weapons for a short period of time.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Rush is better off being incorporated into his moveset. (As well as final smash.)

Protoman is the best bet.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what would be an awesome final smash=???

If Mega Man summoned several Robot Masters (the original 6?), and they did some kick butt move for him.

That or something involving Rush. I just want to block MvC2 Mega Man from my brains!!! :facepalm:

@ Triple Dash
I agree with you on everything about the MvC1 and 2 roster, especially some of the awful movesets, the awful original character (ideas), and the stupid joke characters.
If Mega does get Robot Master weapons, I'm postive that they'll be ones that function differently than a buster alternative like Metal Blade, Needle Cannon, and Laser Trident (which would be good overall as it would offer more options and varity).
I think you can throw in the ElectMan blast, the Quick Man Booermang, and the Guts Man Fist/throw ability.
Also Metal Blade is overrated. :troll:
I spam that thing like made crazy in Mega Man 2. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was the default weapon! :laugh: That weapon is the Mega Man 2 equivalent of BEAST MODE!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If Megaman, MMX, Zero, MegaMan.exe, Star Force MM made it into SSB4 i would still play them and would be excited about them being in. I'd only pray that they dont end up as some Samus clone.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so this is just something I threw together rather quickly seeing as I am a huge supporter of seeing any Megaman character in the ssb4

Its a moveset for a few characters, there sort of vague because I did it at work but let me know what you think....

Okay so I've been thinking for awhile about how badly I want a Megaman character in the 4th smash game. So this is what I've come up with.

Zero from the Megaman X series.
I've been watching a lot of UMVC3 and after seeing what moves they have given him. I see no reason why he couldnt be added.

Im sorry I dont know the exact names of his attacks, so I can sort of describe them.

His standard attacks would be fairly similar to that of Marth and Links in Melee

Jab looping sword swing, mid range.

Forward Tilt - Almost identical to marths

Downtilt - Similar to links

Up tilt - Again Similar to Marths

Smash attacks

Forward Smash - Horizontal Swing

Down Smash - A sweeping low swing beginning In front

Up Smash - Just like Up-tilt but chargeable

Aerials:

Neutral Air:Does a front flip with sword out(Sort of Like Pikachus in Melee but holding a sword of course, thus the added Range) Im timed correctly, can do a second nair without ending lag

Forward Air: A Strong Forward Slash. KO Potential

Down Air: Sort of like Samus'

Back Air: A Horizontal Back swing. Pivots to face the opponent. Low knockback to allow a followup. Decent hitstun.

Up Air: Similar to Ike's in Brawl, Lower knockback to allow a juggle.

Specials

Standard Special: The Charge Shot. Pretty straight forward EXCEPT you can single hop while charging

Forward Special: Boosts left or right depending on the direction chosen at a decent Speed(Similar to Ike's without the slash)

Up Special: Jet boosters come out of feet, can control which direction you go.

Down Special:Sliding Kicking(baseball type slide/Falcon kick like but not as far)

Grabs: Up-throw - Marths pretty much

Forward throw - Tosses him on the ground, about a body length away

Down-throw - Picks up enemy and slams them onto the ground directly beneth Zero.

Back throw - Similar to Forward throw...but behind him.

So this is what I have for Zero so far.

I feel like the Special moves could also be used if the Regular Megaman was to be added.

Megaman Regular and/or Bass?

Jab Combo - Similar to Samus

Up-Tilt - Just like Falcon from Smash64

Forward Tilt - ?

Down Tilt - Low Sweeping Kick

Aerials

Nair - Some type of Sex Kick

Fair - ?

Up-Air - Just like Mario/Doc's Uair

Bair - Just like Falcons but a little less knockback.

Dair - Just like Zero's

Specials - I felt like Zero's could work well for Megaman too.

Standard Special: The Charge Shot. Pretty straight forward EXCEPT you can single hop while charging

Forward Special: Boosts left or right depending on the direction chosen at a decent Speed(Similar to Ike's without the slash)

Up Special: Jet boosters come out of feet, can control which direction you go.

Down Special:Sliding Kicking(baseball type slide/Falcon kick like but not as far)

Grabs: Up-throw - Marths pretty much

Forward throw - Tosses him on the ground, about a body length away

Down-throw - Picks up enemy and slams them onto the ground directly beneth Zero.

Back throw - Similar to Forward throw...but behind him.

So this is what I have for Megaman/Bass

Protoman would be just like Zero except for one change

Down-Special = Quickly pulls out his Shield to block an attack(Projectiles)

Also needs a different nair....

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
As much as Classic Mega Man is a great fit for Smash, MegaMan.EXE would be a superb choice too.

Also has a far more abilities to utilise besides just the weapons/battlechips:
1. Souls - He was able to fuse with other Net Navi's to be even stronger and gain their abilities.
2. Dark Chips - The evil chips made all who used them stronger.
3. Styles - He was able to change into different styles that were based on combinations of elements and stats, while at different levels.
4. Beast forms - he could change into one of 2 different beasts/MM.EXE fusions that were extremely powerful.

Those are just a few.

Bing

Smash Master
I would have to agree, even if they didnt have the alternate forms and stuff. He has more options because of the chips.

Like MiniBoomers. The swords. Various Cannons. hell you could even have Area Grabs and stuff like that.

Also I personally like Megaman.exe more...

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I hope bass is in the game but that prob is never gonna happen lul

megaman from battle network or the 1st series will prob be in along with zero

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega Man classic is really the only choice. Mega Man .EXE isn't as well known, and really, is basically just a copy of the classic Mega Man (and Mega Man X) with borrowed common enemy moves, the ability to transform (instead of steal powers), and the ability to summon other people to fight for him.

Even as a Mega Man .EXE fan, the idea of that as playable is pretty stale. Now, if Mega Man (classic) had a move that borrowed something from Battle Network, that'd be neat! :grin:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Megaman's moveset will probably will predominantly be based off of his MvC moveset. I say this because Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog's movesets reflecter their fighting game incarnations from other titles.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What would be interesting is if he had a variation of Kirby's copy ability. Here's my general idea of how his copy system might work:
When he K.O's an opponent, an orb appears on the stage, which will disappears after a short time. If he KO's another opponent before the first orb disapears, the old orb disapears and a new one reappears somewhere else. Megaman could also have a taunt that draws the orb towards him.

If he can touch the orb within a certain time, he will be able to use a special weapon based on the signature move of the opponent he killed, which would become one of his specials. This new special is temporary; it will disappear once he has used it a certain number of times or when he is KO'd.

Bing

Smash Master
I'd honestly say that Megaman.Exe has the greater chance over classic Megaman or Megaman X. The reason being is that the smash games are intended to be family party games, Megaman Classic is known to the gaming community but not outside of this. Megaman.Exe has a Anime series and Video Games for multiple system..I think theres also a Manga.

I think if they added Multiple Megaman character it would probably be this:

Megaman X + Zero. If they added a 3rd person from Megaman - Axl
Megaman.Exe + Protoman.Exe 3rd person = Bass
or even Megaman.Exe + Zero.Exe 3rd person = Bass

I

You know what would be cool. A Megaman only fighting game, similar to smash but only Megaman characters... I'd play it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'd honestly say that Megaman.Exe has the greater chance over classic Megaman or Megaman X. The reason being is that the smash games are intended to be family party games, Megaman Classic is known to the gaming community but not outside of this. Megaman.Exe has a Anime series and Video Games for multiple system..I think theres also a Manga.

I think if they added Multiple Megaman character it would probably be this:

Megaman X + Zero. If they added a 3rd person from Megaman - Axl
Megaman.Exe + Protoman.Exe 3rd person = Bass
or even Megaman.Exe + Zero.Exe 3rd person = Bass

I

You know what would be cool. A Megaman only fighting game, similar to smash but only Megaman characters... I'd play it.
EXE is just an offshoot. That's like putting in Wario before Mario. Just stupid.

Mega Man classic is by far the more known one (especially with the old school crowd they try so hard to target with Smash Bros.).

Not to mention... EXE was so dumb... it was all some kid playing an internet game. Mega Man and X were like.. REAL.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Bing
Mega Man is an international pop culture icon, on top of all that you mentioned. And like .EXE, he had an (cut short) anime. He also has a currently running manga, and has been in multiple manga. Plus his games also continue to sell and be produced (as of 2 years ago), and he has a lot more game. And when I say a lot, I mean "A LOT!" Like hundreds! :laugh:
Megaman's moveset will probably will predominantly be based off of his MvC moveset. I say this because Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog's movesets reflecter their fighting game incarnations from other titles.
I think he will have a bit from that, but not a lot. Snake had quite a few new tricks that made him a lot more interesting than his previous fighting game appearances.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd say Sonic's moveset has slight traces of other games' incarnation, but it's mostly based around his classic games moves... plus the Homing Attack.

If Sakurai is a fan of the classics, then he'll go for a classic-esque moveset for Megaman, not the MvC moveset. I'm pretty sure he'll somehow sort out the copy ability for Megaman to use. Even if it's limited to be used only if he KO's an opponent. Not sure, something's bound to occur to him.

I'm not too pro of the idea of him using recycled robot master abilities when he has a plethora of Nintendo characters to copy abilities from. :p

If Sakurai wants to get creative, then Megaman could copy abilities that are NOT in Smash, but are true to their characters either way... such as the Ice Ball from Mario, the shooting flame from SMB1 Bowser, or the charged laser from Star Fox 64, Coconut Gun from Donkey Kong 64, etc.

Bing

Smash Master
I agree that like, Sakurai likes the classics. So Im really on the fence, What a possibility is, is that just like Wario in Brawl, they could have a set of Classic costumes and then a set of .Exe costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom