• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
1) Roy (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
2) Lyn (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame)
3) Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
4) Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
5) Erika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
6) Sothe (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
7) Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
8) Eliwood (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame)

Weird how this poll didn't include other Lords/main characters like Alm, Celica, Seliph, Leif, and Hector. Also odd how Sothe is the only character on this poll that isn't classified as a Lord/main character.

How the hell did we get phosphorous for Lyn and Sutherland for Sothe? Bloody Goggle Translate you worthless trash heap of a program...

Also, Eliwood being on the bottom while Roy is at the top is kind of ironic, yet kind of saddening too.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
ChronoBound, Super Smash Bros Fan. Would you 2 mind if I quoted your posts about Roy and his game in comparison to the others [as viewed by the Japanese anyways] on Serenes Forest?

D

Deleted member

Fine with me. Actually, you know what, I'll make an account there to help out.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh cool! I'm Jedi on there [but that's pretty obvious haha] I just get a little tired of Roy's detractors on there ^^; thanks.
Don't post the polls, since those can be manipulated.

You can, however, post all the links I had from mk2, as well as the list of scores from Famitsu.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I did make an account yesterday on Serenes Forest, so I can contribute to anything if needed. Name's Gelato by the way.

Not surprisingly, it's rather one dimensional on opinions.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wondering if I should make an account there as well. ^^;
You really should. We need all the help we can get over there.

Plus there's that nifty romhacking section, but I guess you don't really need an account for that....

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't know why I don't have an account on Serenes Forest... since I'm a FE fan and all. But anyway, I just made an account so I can help out and whatnot. My username's Lugh.

:awesome:

Yeah, I'm curious as to what mindset people have there compared to here. Surely I won't be as bad as gamefaqs...? (I think the rules are more strict anyway).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, I'm curious as to what mindset people have there compared to here. Surely I won't be as bad as gamefaqs...? (I think the rules are more strict anyway).
There's a surprising amount of Ike hate over there, mostly coming from Chrom bandwagoners(oh yeah, there's a surprising amount of those too). Predictably there's a lot of ambivalence or hatred to Roy as well.

It's not as bad as gamefaqs though.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
There's a surprising amount of Ike hate over there, mostly coming from Chrom bandwagoners(oh yeah, there's a surprising amount of those too). Predictably there's a lot of ambivalence or hatred to Roy as well.

It's not as bad as gamefaqs though.
The Ike hate is a slight bit of unfair backlash from acouple Ike fanboys and girls talking about how great he is.

I personally like all the lords. But well SF is a bit of a crazy place, lots of cool and lots of annoying people at the same time haha.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I posted these on Miiverse and thought I'd share them here.
*pic1*
*pic2*
Though I can't reaaly draw, I think I'll make more of these things... it's just too much fun lol.
Those are great. Sometimes I wish I had a Wii U just to make support pictures for Roy. And one or two other guys... even though I cannot draw...

Not sure about the FE promotions, but here are the Japanese Dojo links for Marth and Roy:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1204/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0115/index.html

Also, how do you log in with that username Goodness gracious

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Those are great. Sometimes I wish I had a Wii U just to make support pictures for Roy. And one or two other guys... even though I cannot draw...

Not sure about the FE promotions, but here are the Japanese Dojo links for Marth and Roy:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1204/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0115/index.html
These are pretty cool. I wish I had a Wii U as well. But I can't draw either xD, but I'd try to put my support out there if I could!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I do like making pics like those whenever I have time... But, you know, you don't always have to make fancy posts on Miiverse. Just by saying you're a Roy supporter here goes a long way. Prior to joining SWF, I never knew Roy was a popular addition at the time of Melee, and how his popularity is still carried through even to this very day.

It saddens me that Roy has very loud detractors, though. Even after 12 years, Roy still has haters that complain about trivial things. *sigh* But no fanbase is perfect...

I have a question that's been bugging for a while. We know that Marth and Roy were originally planned to be removed in the Western version of Melee. But was it both or was it only Marth that was going to be removed? The Melee Dojo only specifies Marth almost being removed, though it would have probably been weird to only keep Roy who's also a Japanese exclusive character. I ask this because I've heard people say that it was only Marth that was going to be removed. Unless if there's some info that I'm missing...I'm not really sure...

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have a question that's been bugging for a while. We know that Marth and Roy were originally planned to be removed in the Western version of Melee. But was it both or was it only Marth that was going to be removed? The Melee Dojo only specifies Marth almost being removed, though it would have probably been weird to only keep Roy who's also a Japanese exclusive character. I ask this because I've heard people say that it was only Marth that was going to be removed. Unless if there's some info that I'm missing...I'm not really sure...
I'm not sure either, I thought it was both personally. Just think of that tragedy if they never brought fe to the west ._.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I always thought it was both as well. It's just that sometimes you hear conflicting info...just to be sure, y'know.

It's weird. We have that FE OVA dubbed and released before Melee...but that seemed to be it back then. But if you guys haven't seen it, I definitely recommend watching it. Idk why, but it made me appreciate Marth even more. Although...

Mars: Sheeeeeda!!
Sheeda: Mars! Maaaarsss!...Ooohh my hero!
Gordin: *in a raspy parrot voice* Heeey Mars! What's up!
Me: *covers ears* GAAAH my ears!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hm, I did some research and apparently the same guy who voiced Gordin also voiced Xellos in the Slayers Premium movie though you guys probably don't care.

At any rate, here's an example of Gordin's lovely voice in the OVA for those who are interested. Not gonna lie, good or bad, if there's a FE anime I'll buy all the DVDs. and if there's Roy in it I'd like explode out happiness.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, good or bad, if there's a FE anime I'll buy all the DVDs. and if there's Roy in it I'd like explode out happiness.
Well... Roy does appear in that one pretty great manga where he gets this epic X-shaped battle crack on his armor during his fight with Zephiel (Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi).

Also, just watched this earlier today, dealing with Roy's appearance in FE Awakening. Hotdang, Roy is our boy awesome.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, Roy's pretty badass in that manga especially when he gets that blow to the chest and still manages to fight. Zephiel's pretty epic dual wielding as well. I'd post some pics if I was on my home PC haha.

I'm guessing that Awakening depicts Roy a lot older, or perhaps sometime after the events of FE6, considering his looks and the fact that he says he's seen wars in the past. I always thought he was referring to the events of FE6...who knows.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66715981

1/10.

Not a chance.
5% Roy is no more likely than he was in Brawl and he still didn't make it in. So he won't make it onto the main roster. Smash Bros representation for series is not a popularity contest and has never been. So his demand in polls won't affect his chances.

20% Roy was my main back in the Melee days, but there are other FE reps I would say I want before him. It would be ranked higher if I could play his game, but alas, I cannot.
2% Chrom is more likely

0% Idc bout him
Likelihood-1%
Um not happening

Want-0%
Hell no
2.5% Melee filler, Ike has the fire, now he's irrelevant.
0% Do not want.
12%
want: 15%
5%. Literally the only reason he gets almost all the attention he does is because of his appearance in melee. He really is just a Marth clone and considering Sakurai's stance on things, I really doubt he'd add in Roy without him being a clone. As such, I really doubt he'd bother adding in Roy at all, when there are so many more unique characters we could choose from.
Chance- 1%
Nope.

Want- 25%
10%, He really shouldn't come back as he's no different from Dr. Mario and Pichu. And his popularity is only consistent with Smash Bros fans, Fire Emblem fans got a hero they really like with Ike. I know that personality shouldn't be a factor, but relevance is, and unlike Mewtwo Roy is getting no real revival.

As for how much I want him: I'll be generous and give him a 5%. I would probably rage if he was included over Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Micaiah, pretty much anyone really. I liked his dad, but Roy didn't do anything for me when I played Sword of Seals.
5% No way.
5%. He's gone for good most likely. Marth and Chrom is what to look forward to for Fire Emblem reps though maybe Ike could come back.
HAH
HAH
HAH

2%
0% want.
Likelihood-2%
He isn't even that popular. The only people that care about him are the Melee elites and they are a vocal minority. Even then not all of them want him. I say nearly all of the other FE newcomers have a higher chance than him.

Want-0%
Ugh can we please just get rid of clones?
Chance: 1%. He was just an advertisement in Melee, and a clone at that. Left out of Brawl, where Ike took the only thing that made him remotely different besides his hair color (Fire). He's old news, and bring him back after he's been irrelevant another 6 years would be silly (Awakening DLC does not count)

Want - 0%. No thanks. I'll gladly take Cyrom with his wall-smashing Falchion over Roy.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Gamefaq typically has a less.... 'mature' audience.

My guess is that most of those people are Chrom/Lucina supporters, and rather than being realistic they try to skew the poll by putting super low chances for Roy, who they see as competition.

I mean, only a 1% chance, really? That's pretty ridiculous. ._.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know this negativity will be made sweet if he does end up returning. I will savor their tears.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was thinking the same thing as in Brawl, though it never happen. I'm starting to think Nintendo just hates Roy too. :<
I'd say just keep our hopes for the time being. It's not like Sakurai has stated. ROY IS DEAD, etc etc. He feels bad about previous cuts. Remember.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Gamefaq typically has a less.... 'mature' audience.

My guess is that most of those people are Chrom/Lucina supporters, and rather than being realistic they try to skew the poll by putting super low chances for Roy, who they see as competition.

I mean, only a 1% chance, really? That's pretty ridiculous. ._.
It shouldn't be surprising that GameFAQs has such a pessimistic (yet fallacy) view on Roy.

People are really hard pressed to be right, and attach themselves to finicky logic in order to be right. It doesn't help that people like to spread false information.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was thinking the same thing as in Brawl, though it never happen. I'm starting to think Nintendo just hates Roy too. :<
But Roy was planned for SSBB... so clearly Sakurai remembers him!
Also, Roy appearing as one of the first DLC characters for FE: Awakening, and his appearance in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X FE crossover, should make a substantially better argument in his favor. Even the creators (or at least one of them) have expressed remaking his game. Sakurai is also very aware of the cuts from SSBM, and regrets them. Fans have not ceased scolding him since the cuts of both Mewtwo and Roy.

tl;dr He's not forgotten. c:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But Roy was planned for SSBB... so clearly Sakurai remembers him!
Also, Roy appearing as one of the first DLC characters for FE: Awakening, and his appearance in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X FE crossover, should make a substantially better argument in his favor. Even the creators (or at least one of them) have expressed remaking his game. Sakurai is also very aware of the cuts from SSBM, and regrets them. Fans have not ceased scolding him since the cuts of both Mewtwo and Roy.

tl;dr He's not forgotten. c:
A toast to your words. You worded it much better then I haha, a toast to the return of both Mewtwo and possibly Roy ^^.

mgets

Smash Rookie
I hope they bring back Roy. So many good memories from melee playing as him even though he's not that strong lol. Maybe that was his appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom