• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
technically his game is already the sequel to the sequel to his game...
:secretkpop:

anyways with nintendo deciding to all of a sudden localize an nes game from over 20 years ago
I don't think roy has the worst chances at seeing his game localized and put onto the virtual console as he is already in nintendo's most popular franchise
Kinda wish you just went to the social, I think that's where this topic belongs
I would do that though I saw the "why FE fans hate Roy" thread and I thought this would be a good way for people to see the thread.

I really don't want to see his game on the VC really because it would spawn 2X the amount of haters he already has. I just want a remake + sequel game where he has his prominent flaws fixed and can be a much more respectable character in the series.

I dunno, could have the opposite effect too. Hearing that one of my favorite series is releasing a remake as the next numbered entry like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem were doesn't really fill me with much anticipation. It's one thing if it's just a side release but in the case of FE, we got only remakes and no original titles on the DS. Of course, it's much less of a problem for us western fans who never got the original game to begin with in the case of those games and a theoretical Binding Blade remake, but series vets might be none too happy.
They would get over it. Besides, Roy has almost as much reason to have his game remade like Marth. His game saved the series at a time when it was declining and he was one of the 2 characters that got FE popular in the West. With his popularity as a Smash Bros character, Roy having his game released in the West would his flaws removed would do him wonders.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I would do that though I saw the "why FE fans hate Roy" thread and I thought this would be a good way for people to see the thread.

I really don't want to see his game on the VC really because it would spawn 2X the amount of haters he already has. I just want a remake + sequel game where he has his prominent flaws fixed and can be a much more respectable character in the series.
I'd agree with you If only their arguments weren't flawed entirely in that thread (I'm sure they'll find me here too now, after I left that thread)
no really, I've seen legitimate arguments before as to why he is bad (bad with women, poor promotion time), that thread is a post random reasons you hate thread
  • bad stats, straight up untrue
  • whines a lot, the dude gets sent away from his continent to go take care of a bunch of dudes with axes in the middle of a war due to some diplomatic garbage and he's like "if I must"
  • not very smart, I honestly was confused about this one. formulates plan in a moments notice to find the truth of whether or not he is in a trap, never willing to jump the gun if he doesn't like someone's information, sees through a noble man's disguise and I can make this list longer
I honestly feel like that thread should be closed, it may have good intentions, but I know how it will end. There was one thread on the dark pit's board that was similar, it didn't end well
Just remember you can't stop people from hating

TLDR : yes I would enjoy a sequel, no I don't think a sequel is needed to enjoy the character

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
As someone who has never played any FE but now mains Roy, I'd like to see a remake to get the backstory of the character I'm playing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't want this thread closed though. I want to see if people are interested in seeing his game remade along with a continuation to his story.

With his return to Smash Bros, this would be the best time to do it.

As someone who has never played any FE but now mains Roy, I'd like to see a remake to get the backstory of the character I'm playing.
This. It's really the best time to give Roy a game that's similar to Marth's remake on the DS. A remake along with a continuation to the story.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't want this thread closed though. I want to see if people are interested in seeing his game remade along with a continuation to his story.
well I don't have the power to close threads and because the roy boards are new there's going to be minimum moderation and a lot of new threads, unless a mod was a assigned to these boards with out me looking, EITHER way you can still have this convo in the social is what I'm saying.
well I could send you
  • a *cough* rom *cough* with translation
  • an emulator to run it
all you would need is a anywhere near decent comp
I don't recommend it though, the game's sequel is better for beginners

Mapet

Smash Cadet
I'm not entirely sure since I really didn't care much about Roy before his release, but I'm pretty sure it's people sarcastically advocating for his inclusion in Smash because of his differences from Marth (which, jokingly, would be t3h ph1r3).

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
The music just makes me sad about how we dont have any Final Fantasy characters yet :(

•Col•

Smash Champion
The origin of the term 'teh ph1r3' dates back to 2003 GameFaq discussions wherein people would debate who was better, Roy or Marth?

Example-
GameFaqr#1: I think Marth is better because he can recover better and has safer moves.
GameFaqr#2: no ROY is BETTAR cuz he has red hair & T3H PH1R3!!!!1

Last edited:

Pedker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pedker
3DS FC
1203-9337-2184
(AWAKENING SPOILERS) First day of release, I went onto the Miiverse stage with my brother to find one the posts being "Emmeryn dies." wow. (AWAKENING SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom