• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Continuation sets occur when two people have already faced each other in the brackets. If they meet against in brackets later on, they will play each other, but keep their previous record and go on for BO7 or something like that. (let's say you get 2-1'd in winners, so you meet again in losers and you're set starts out as 2-1 BO7)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ty! :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bby CBeef <3

haha, thanks <3

I honestly tried my best against nairo.

His playstyle just f***ed my head up completely, and i just psyched myself out. at least i took a game off him. Fatal was on fire.

Fatal, and Nairo aren't bad losses in my book :)

Come to battle royale pls.
I lost to Fatal too at MLG Raleigh :( He has slayed two lucas mains. We must get our revenge!:mad:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Continuation sets occur when two people have already faced each other in the brackets. If they meet against in brackets later on, they will play each other, but keep their previous record and go on for BO7 or something like that. (let's say you get 2-1'd in winners, so you meet again in losers and you're set starts out as 2-1 BO7)
ok, what about the counterpicks? the one who lost the first set, starts with a counterpick in the second set?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Screw it, I love this ava too much to try and not use it, plus no one posts in pink :<

Also I believe the loser does pick the stage they start on. Slikvik and NR did a continuation set after SlikVik had beaten NR. (NR won the continuation however)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Why is this place so dead?

Never mind, Ness boards are dead too. :glare:

dthrow > utilt > footstool > bair > fsmash

I know it's not guaranteed since Brawl has few (no?) true combos, but someone plz tell me how to get the bair to guarantee a followup fsmash. :c

I've only tried it out in training mode so far so that could be the problem. But like, whenever the opponent falls onto the ground from being footstooled and flops, the bair is supposed to make them go into another 'flop' animation (like the one during a dtilt lock), which would naturally guarantee an fsmash. But it's like bair only makes them flop sometimes, other times it doesn't truly lock and is escapable. Does it have to hit with a certain area of bair's hitbox? Or is there a small window you have to hit them with bair? Both? Maybe fair would even be a better move.

I know this movestring is unlikely. But it's flashy and would look cool if pulled off.

I think I mentioned this to rPSI once, but I forgot if the footstool > bair (flop) > fsmash is actually impossible or I'm just bad at pulling it off.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
utilt>footstool will never work anyways. :<

bair will jablock at low percents, but since you just footstooled them you're likely going to be rising and won't be able to jablock them in time.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
lucas' little hairflip is super sexy when he's doing a pivot grab. try it.

i like fullhopanyaerialexceptdair > falling uair regardless of whether the first one hits or not

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I find I'm more consistent using the buttons which I don't have to worry about the lag time due to pressing down on the springs of the L/R.

Kole

Smash Lord
I once did a Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Jab 3

I call it the Ultimate Sacred Combo of the Masters

Top Bottom