• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i wonder how u become a temp debater in order to get into the Debate Hall to prove u can be a debator. :o

*off to look at it more*

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
When I saw the topic of this thread, I though, "Child Molestation." Wtf.
anyways...yea don't get grab...uhhh...saw galleon jab then roll back and forward. Seem affective to me, but not sure.
but that just me o.o;

heytallman

CTALL
I'm working on a blues song, what should I call it? So far all I have is "Tall Man Blues," but I want something else. So what should I call it?

I finished editing the drum tracks last night, gonna record the bass track next. EZ mode.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I think I wanna try playing Ness...

Somebody stop me before I actually think about using Lucas instead.
Fix'd.

Nah jk, you should give Lucas a try he's a fun character. :3 Go dominate some low tiers with him.

Also, J. *hug*

T-block

B2B TST
loool

my ness consists of sh f-air, double jump n-air, falling d-air over and over and over again until they're at 140%. then i dash grab around until i grab them and b-throw.

@people who play both: who do you think has more room for creativity in their play?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
loool

my ness consists of sh f-air, double jump n-air, falling d-air over and over and over again until they're at 140%. then i dash grab around until i grab them and b-throw.

@people who play both: who do you think has more room for creativity in their play?
definitely Lucas. Ness it feels so....straight forward

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
loool

Lucas! Look at FAE.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
loool

This is IMHO

Since Ness and Lucas have been the two characters I've played the most, I have seen them for many things I would think are fair for them. For a start, I say Lucas has more creativity than Ness because of his techniques he can use. It can be used offensively, defensively, or (my favorite/style) mixed. Not just his AT, but his move set. This doesn't mean Ness isn't creative cuz he is, just not as much as Lucas. I would say though that Ness is a lot more flashier than Lucas. Surprise gimps or PK Thunder mindgames FTW. <3

tl;dr: I find Lucas more creative and Ness more flashy. Either way, they're both awesome.<3

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yes, that's the way to do it. Ask the Lucas boards to stop you.

@ tournament right now. Aweeeeee yeeeee. :muffin:

T-block

B2B TST
Interesting...I would have though Ness lets you be more creative with that wonky double jump.

I know it's been asked like 9834 times before, but how many Lucas' b-stick?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I use standard controls. and still wavebounce. U techskill?

So I teamed with a random Lucas (new to the scene and all) because the person I planned on partnering with didn't tell me he was teaming with TKO. So we lost our first round of doubles to Stingers and Jim. Then we lost to Mizu and his partner (I face him all the time and he plays Snake and knows the MU ;-;). We ended up getting 2-0'd again. Oh well. Maybe next time. But I'm ****** these low tiers today. >;D

Ima update you guys. So I lost badly in vanilla singles to Dr Peepee and TKO.

However, I'm doing well in low tiers / bottom mids.
I made it to winners semis in it.

I had to fight Seth (Bowser; 2-0) then beat Twitch (Sheik; 2-1) and lost to Kadaj (Luigi; 2-1) I just got put into loser's bracket, but I'm feeling pretty good about this. :cool:

I'm in losers finals right now. I'm waiting on Losers' Finals of singles to finish so that way I can play Kadaj... again.

BTW:
Ilove (Ike; 2-1) then Twitch (Sheik/Luigi; 2-0)

:muffin:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Triple postin like a boss.

rPSI got this. :202:

I had no idea Dr PP still played Brawl.

T-block

B2B TST
I'd really rather not change controls at all... too much of a hassle, especially at tournaments. Not to mention it'd take me forever to get used to it.

Top Bottom