• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

slambros

Smash Ace
If I haven't supported her yet, I would like to support Shantae. Very deserving character.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Majorauss

Smash Rookie
I wish that I had discovered Shantae during the kickstarter stage. Then again, it's not like I had any money anyway! Enjoy the game backers!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
BREAKING NEWS!

For those who pledged at least $45 for the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero KickStarter campaign, the Early Access Beta is now live!!!

Details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1259937
I've pledged $60 bucks last year on December and hopefully have more M-O-N-E-Y to reach up $10,000.00 in T-I-M-E, so WayForward can give me major important breakthrough achievement credit for DAT extremely hardcore work! P.S: Wish me L-U-C-K, guys!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've seen the gameplay videos of Half-Genie Hero, really liking what I'm seeing. The DuckTales engine looks great for the series, the music is catchy, and I'm loving the animations. Crab Shantae is probably one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tried a bit of the demo. Love it so far.

Haven't went really far as I'm still tinkering with the configurations for smoother/faster play (my computer's a little bit on the old side).

The slide level has the least amount of slowdown by far. Thank goodness I pledged for the Wii U version so I don't have to worry about computer specs (that and I can have Pirate's Curse and soon Risky's Revenge on the Wii U too).

And another thing: An update for the 3DS version of Pirate's Curse is now live. It adds New 3DS support (the bottom screen can now be controlled with the C-Stick & ZL/ZR Buttons).

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I have played through the entirety of the demo and I am quite pleased. The platforming is top-notch, the monkey and crab transformations are both practical and funny, and the series have never looked better. I can't wait to play the full game!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have played through the entirety of the demo and I am quite pleased. The platforming is top-notch, the monkey and crab transformations are both practical and funny, and the series have never looked better. I can't wait to play the full game!
How easy is it to transform? Is it the issue that it was on the GB and the steam version of RR? Or the ease of the DSi RR?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
How easy is it to transform? Is it the issue that it was on the GB and the steam version of RR? Or the ease of the DSi RR?
Extremely easy. You just hold a button, which makes Shantae dance and pauses the game, et voilà! You transform.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
325 MB for a demo? Jesus.

I was okay with the control pad-based dancing in the previous versions, and I'm kinda sad to see that go. The pausing during dances is acceptable though, because @#$% whole gangs of enemies rushing you when a transformation is your only means of escape and you have no way to fight them off.

Top Bottom