• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have to say, I love this remix of Dance Through the Danger.
It legitimately sounds like something you would hear in a movie.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I'm not sure why you're wasting energy with me, or what that has to do with what I was talking about.

I know all of this.

I was pointing out that SL the Pyro said "exception of the fourth game" implying that one was not gonna be on Nintendo, when it will be. Unless they meant just because it's not out.

Or if he meant that it's not the only exclusive Shantae title to Nintendo, where I was pointing out again, that was not the case.

It ultimately has nothing to do with Shantae's credibility to get in Smash, just simply correcting any inaccurate information.
It was more for the people who don't know anything about Shantae really, I see some people jumping in just curious about our hype and I just wanted to reassure everyone who wasn't aware on Shantae's credibility. I wasn't really trying to correct you, I was just trying to inform those who just got here and are skimming the new pages. Sorry if I sound confusing, I had little time to sleep today.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, shoot. Even at the smallest resolution, the demo plays pretty slow (except the 3rd level).

It's a good thing I pledged for a Wii U copy.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
I hope you meant "exception of the fourth game" because it's not out yet, because Half Genie Hero will be coming out on Wii U. In case you actually didn't know that.

Or if you meant because it's not exclusive, then Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse I must point out, because RR got ported to iOS, as well as Steam. And PC got ported to Steam as well.

And I think we've all forgotten about Watch Quest! Heroes of Time which features both Shantae and Bolo. Of course I squid because then we'd also include that little Shantae mini game in Wario Ware D.I.Y. if just featuring Shantae is all it took to be a Shantae game. :yeahboi:
*sigh* Fixed that too. I knew about all of that, I just failed to state it properly because I was trying to avoid making the point too long/making a run-on sentence. hurr durr eye tyep gud

Well, shoot. Even at the smallest resolution, the demo plays pretty slow (except the 3rd level).

It's a good thing I pledged for a Wii U copy.
Honestly, I question why the demo was only released through Steam and not on the consoles. Everyone's PC is a little different and may or may not meet the system requirements for the game/demo, so I'm not sure it's a reliable test platform.

Burruni

Smash Hero
*sigh* Fixed that too. I knew about all of that, I just failed to state it properly because I was trying to avoid making the point too long/making a run-on sentence. hurr durr eye tyep gud

Honestly, I question why the demo was only released through Steam and not on the consoles. Everyone's PC is a little different and may or may not meet the system requirements for the game/demo, so I'm not sure it's a reliable test platform.
Because Steam was the most reliable one to have backers get the demo but be unable to spread its files due to the way that Steam kinda DRM-locks titles into your library. It's VERY difficult to hack steam for piracy.

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
I will definitely pick up the game for Wii U... if I have money... Either way, I look forward to it!

(Also, I finally decided to make a signature. Yay!)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Happy Birthday! Have a good one... also, cake is always good! (unless you don't like cake).
Cake is good, but I'm usually not a fan of it, I'm afraid. Guess I never had much of a sweet tooth for cake. :p Also, thanks for the birthday wish! :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BTW Shantae Risky's Revenge is 75% off in the steam sales now.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I hope when the game releases fans will rip cleaner sheets of the sprites/gifs... Those white particles around the sprites are really bugging me >_<

Last edited:
Top Bottom