• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I just saw on Smashified that they gave us a huge hint on who the next Smashified is. They only said a single word though: Purple. And who do we know that is particular in purple? Shantae. However, it could also be Krystal, as she has Purple attire on her (or maybe just a really really deep blue), or maybe even Ridley, him being purely purple, but let's be honest here; we all know Shantae by her hair whipping Purple hair, so I think it'll most likely be her due to her high demand recently and having been requested many many times.

EDIT: I JUST DISCOVERED SOMETHING; ANDREW COLEMAN OF THE SMASHIFIED TEAM LIKED THAT ONE TWEET WHERE THE GUY WAS LIKE "OH GOD, IT'S SHANTAE". I LOOKED AROUND AND SAW NO OTHER TWEETS HE LIKED WITH OTHER CHARACTERS, UNLIKE SMASHIFIED. I THINK ITS SAFE TO SAY ITS SHANTAE, OH MY GOD! :D (also, sorry for caps, I'm just excited).
Welp, I'm turning into a new number today.

Also, happy birthday! :)

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Well guys, I just saw on Smashified that they gave us a huge hint on who the next Smashified is. They only said a single word though: Purple. And who do we know that is particular in purple? Shantae. However, it could also be Krystal, as she has Purple attire on her, but let's be honest here; we all know Shantae by her hair whipping Purple hair, so I think it'll most likely be her.

Thank you. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well guys, I just saw on Smashified that they gave us a huge hint on who the next Smashified is. They only said a single word though: Purple. And who do we know that is particular in purple? Shantae. However, it could also be Krystal, as she has Purple attire on her (or maybe just a really really deep blue), but let's be honest here; we all know Shantae by her hair whipping Purple hair, so I think it'll most likely be her.

Although I have to be honest.... even though I have belief it's Shantae, with the votings in mind....due keep in mind we saw leaked content pertaining certain other characters during the Travis Smashifed video.... one being Ridley, who is, indeed, Purple. Fully purple to be exact. Although I don't know when they ever plan to do more of those characters we saw in that video, and pertaining the voted for characters that recently happened, that isn't enough for me to say Shantae's a shoe in....

I''m sorry for sounding like a buzzkill, but even since the days of Ridley speculation for me, and with the damned leaks of ESRB, I won't ever get hyped for anything less I see it with my eyes from the actual source. I'm just going to wait until the next Smashifed character is revealed, but I hope it would be Shantae, whether now or later.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Although I have to be honest.... even though I have belief it's Shantae, with the votings in mind....due keep in mind we saw leaked content pertaining certain other characters during the Travis Smashifed video.... one being Ridley, who is, indeed, Purple. Fully purple to be exact. Although I don't know when they ever plan to do more of those characters we saw in that video, and pertaining the voted for characters that recently happened, that isn't enough for me to say Shantae's a shoe in....

I''m sorry for sounding like a buzzkill, but even since the days of Ridley speculation for me, and with the damned leaks of ESRB, I won't ever get hyped for anything less I see it with my eyes from the actual source. I'm just going to wait until the next Smashifed character is revealed, but I hope it would be Shantae, whether now or later.
Eh, perhaps, but have a look at the Edit I made. I think its safe to say it will be Shantae, rather then Ridley this time around. Andrew Coleman is a 3D Modeler, after all, so its pretty huge to see the guy like that one post that mentions Shantae. What do you think?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh, perhaps, but have a look at the Edit I made. I think its safe to say it will be Shantae, rather then Ridley this time around. What do you think?
I'm just going to wait until I see it, I don't wanna get hyped for something that might not end up the case, as I had to see many times for characters before, just playing it safe. I hope it's Shantae, which I think it is, but I'm not hyping to not get disappointed if something else happens...

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Guys I hate to break it to ya, if ya skip to the end of the vidya....
Naw I keed. It's Shantae (IT BETTER BE)

P.S. Happy Birthday Mike

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Guys I hate to break it to ya, if ya skip to the end of the vidya....
Naw I keed. It's Shantae (IT BETTER BE)

P.S. Happy Birthday Mike
I'm a bit confused. Where is the hint in the video that seems to state it may be Shantae at the end? I can't seem to catch it. :p

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
They could also be doing a reversal on anyone who doesn't know who shantae is/hasn't been following the posts.. Lol that would be so funny XD ("YES YES IT'S RID-....Wait wtf. Who's this chick?")

Then again, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: If it does end up being Ridley I will be sorta surprised at the very least... I really do hope they won't be trolling -_-

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I'm a bit confused. Where is the hint in the video that seems to state it may be Shantae at the end? I can't seem to catch it. :p
I was joking cuz one of the guys said "WAAAE" at the end like Waluigi.

Btw do you have links to the tweets?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Either way, yeah, here is the link to that one tweet that Andrew liked:

https://twitter.com/genjitsu16/status/607630343861071872

And the tweet that had the word "Purple" mentioned by Smashified:

https://twitter.com/smashified/status/607763578268053504
Yeah uh, that hint is so vague it might as well not be a hint at all. Every highly-requested character this run has some kind of purple on them, so in regards to this tweeter thinking it's Waluigi or Krystal, it could mean either of them or neither of them.

In short: it's a generic trolling creator answer, nothing to go crazy about.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah uh, that hint is so vague it might as well not be a hint at all. Every highly-requested character this run has some kind of purple on them, so in regards to this tweeter thinking it's Waluigi or Krystal, it could mean either of them or neither of them.

In short: it's a generic trolling creator answer, nothing to go crazy about.
I can confirm that it's not a Mario character that will be Smashified (that's for SmashifiedLive, which is them doing Smashified, well live, on Twitch, so its technically separate from the real Smashified), so it's not Waluigi.

Tweet confirming this: https://twitter.com/smashified/status/607648839730905088

Last edited:

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
As much of a diehard K. Rool supporter as I am, I gotta say Shantae is just about as close a second place as can be. Admittedly, I'm having trouble seeing her realistically get in, but I'd gladly be proven wrong!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Happy Birthday @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 ! :) Also i hope the Smashified character is our Shantae!:happysheep:

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Welp, I'm turning into a new number today.

Happy birthday! :)
Cher MikeGamer, c'est à ton tour
De te laisser parler d'amour

(We tend to sing that at birthdays over here, on the air of the chorus of the song "Gens du pays")

As much of a diehard K. Rool supporter as I am, I gotta say Shantae is just about as close a second place as can be. Admittedly, I'm having trouble seeing her realistically get in, but I'd gladly be proven wrong!
Then your preferences mirror mine; I put Shantae first and K. Rool right behind.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Wow. It took way too long for me to get that one. I actually only just now got Pirate's Curse. Kinda wonder why I didn't play this earlier...
Actually, that Shantae drawing is from Pirate's Curse, but the rest is from Risky's Revenge. I just made a collage using Gimp. :estatic:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey, @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 ! Happy Birthday, member of Shantae supporter View attachment 55510 and please support and L-O-V-E #ShantaeForSmash! P.S: Have an SPECTACULAR SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND! View attachment 55512 View attachment 55514
Happy Birthday @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 ! :) Also i hope the Smashified character is our Shantae!:happysheep:
Happy birthday! :)
Cher MikeGamer, c'est à ton tour
De te laisser parler d'amour

(We tend to sing that at birthdays over here, on the air of the chorus of the song "Gens du pays")

Then your preferences mirror mine; I put Shantae first and K. Rool right behind.
@ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 Happy birthday !

Dat purple oufit. Hnnngggg!!!
Thanks Guys I really appreciate the birthday wishes. :colorful:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/BobTheTitan45">@BobTheTitan45</a> we hope to have it uploaded a few days after E3. But honestly it&#39;s too early to say for sure.</p>&mdash; Smashified (@smashified) <a href="https://twitter.com/smashified/status/607671987843035137">June 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, this won't be happening for a while then.

EDIT: For @#$% sake, how do you people embed these twitter posts? I copy-pasted the embed code like it asked and it just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom