• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
It's obvious if Shantae makes it in, Nega Shantae is gonna be a separate character. Hoh.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's obvious if Shantae makes it in, Nega Shantae is gonna be a separate character. Hoh.
<Insert users raging at how the character is a waste of a slot even though it would technically be made from an alternate costume so wouldn't have taken much work either way any way..>

Last edited:

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
On WayForward's Facebook page they mentioned that they are planning for late/end 2015, but no exact date yet. I wonder if it will be finished by then.
Here's hoping. The new art looks good, so I hope they've got more screen captures saved for us somewhere

Burruni

Smash Hero
Screw it. I just tore someone too much of a new squidhole over Shantae's merits to get into Smash to not sign myself as a supporter.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To me, this is quite significant, but the fact that over on Metacritic, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is number 2 for Wii U Games with a score of 85 (only beaten by Mario Kart 8's second round of DLC, which has a score of 90) is huge (although it only applies to Current Wii U Games, but either way)! Also, it shows that she is just becoming more and more popular, which is great! She has an 82 for the 3DS version, btw, which is also great!

#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I came; I saw; I laughed. Yep, you did tear ZeldaMaster a new hole through which he can spout cute retorts. :grin:
Veni, Vidi, Vegetable.

Legitimately it's the fact that Shantae's an odd kind of third party, in comparison.

She's a priority for Nintendo Exclusive before possible delayed ports on other platforms and the company, when given the choice, the company does the same with all of their properties.... basically anything that they do which ISN'T a Liscence Game.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Top Bottom