• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man.... The amount of hype for Shantae lately has gotten me hugely hyped too. I'm honestly thinking she's got a huge chance to be in the game now. I'm not even kidding; I think it's safe to say she'll be in. I even heard that Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws Pokemon) and the Gamefreak staff voted for Shantae. Getting the vote from those guys in Japan is what basically seals the deal for her inclusion in my eyes.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Man.... The amount of hype for Shantae lately has gotten me hugely hyped too. I'm honestly thinking she's got a huge chance to be in the game now. I'm not even kidding; I think it's safe to say she'll be in. I even heard that Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws Pokemon) and the Gamefreak staff voted for Shantae. Getting the vote from those guys in Japan is even better.
It's far from a done deal. I'll be surprised if she gets in, though it's not impossible...

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Man.... The amount of hype for Shantae lately has gotten me hugely hyped too. I'm honestly thinking she's got a huge chance to be in the game now. I'm not even kidding; I think it's safe to say she'll be in. I even heard that Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws Pokemon) and the Gamefreak staff voted for Shantae.
I agree with the amount of pressure for hype train #ShantaeForSmash is obviously a fan favorite requested character in Super Smash Bros Franchise in T-I-M-E, now! P.S:
#ShantaeForSmash
Xm4T6Nk Shantae's Icon.png

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Lets say if Shantae does get in, would you rather her be in her normal outfit or her new pirate gear?
Either one is good, though if possible a slight mix of both would be awesome.
Nintendo would likely go the easier route and just put in the pirate gear though.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm impressed at how much press Shantae has gotten in he last couple of days. It started from that one tweet Matt Bozon made, then got combined with other promotional material for the Smashboards news post, and from there videos and news posts on other gaming websites just spread like wildfire. It could almost be considered small-time viral now.

If Mr. Bozon's plan was to get the silent Shantae supporters to join the more vocal crowd, it's working. "Shantae as Smash DLC" will cross into the realm of viable possibility if this keeps up.

Never thought I'd addend a post with this, but: #ShantaeForSmash

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Dang with all this hype and awesome fanart is well ...awesome ! I'm really hoping she gets confirmed and I started to play Pirate's Curse again and may draw up something up later~

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Don't you mean the ENTIRE fanbase? :4lemmy:

I kid tho, but sometimes it feels that way
Well, most of the fanbase is composed of passionate children. Arguments are often lost in the cacophony of "my dad is better than your dad" statements.
However, fear not! We have a savior who is better than any mom or dad! Shantae!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, ended up discovering that Smashified was hinting at their being two characters from Nintendo that are going to get smashified. I guess that means Shantae will be smashified by them later on after those two Nintendo characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was thinking about Shantae's latest games that aren't released in Japan's eShop.

Pirate's Curse and the umcoming Half-Genie Hero are co-developed by Inti Creates, right ?
And Inti Creates is a japanes company, right ?

If so, why there's not someone at Inti Creates for translating the games for the japanese audience ?

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I was thinking about Shantae's latest games that aren't released in Japan's eShop.

Pirate's Curse and the umcoming Half-Genie Hero are co-developed by Inti Creates, right ?
And Inti Creates is a japanes company, right ?

If so, why there's not someone at Inti Creates for translating the games for the japanese audience ?
I was thinking they may say something at E3, possibly localize Half Genie Hero.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I've been noticing Japanese posts on Steam within both the Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse community hubs. So this does confirm there is a Japanese audience for Shantae despite the possible lack of localization.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I've been noticing Japanese posts on Steam within both the Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse community hubs. So this does confirm there is a Japanese audience for Shantae despite the possible lack of localization.
An audience that may get even bigger if Shantae was to make it into Smash Bros...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
An audience that may get even bigger if Shantae was to make it into Smash Bros...
That is indeed true. And like I said before, I think it's safe to say that she's in. We just are getting hinted at it, not necessarily a direct confirmation (at least not yet for a direct confirmation, of course, but maybe E3 will surprise us with being Ret-2-Go!).
#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:
Top Bottom