• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's definitely not safe to say she's in, not by a long shot.

Until a character is outright confirmed, expect nothing - even Roy and Wolf have yet to be fully confirmed.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely not safe to say she's in, not by a long shot.

Until a character is outright confirmed, expect nothing - even Roy and Wolf have yet to be fully confirmed.
At this point we can only pray the support for Shantae has been strong enough to get Nintendo's attention, and keep at it.
(It certainly feels strong, but it's the not knowing how much other characters are being supported that concerns me.)

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
If it makes you feel better, Shantae got a crap-ton of rumor videos since the Smashboards news post, which led to people finding Mr. Bozon's tweet and WayForward's desire to get her into Smash, which is going to get echoed around the internet for a good while. She's gotten more ballot hype in a few days than most of the really popular characters have since the ballot started a couple of months ago. If Shantae is still considered "off the radar" of the voters then it's not going to stay that way for much longer. If the fanbase, supporterbase and voterbase continue to grow like they are, then Shantae will have no problem getting noticed. That's not an issue.

If anything worries me, it's the number of people who are saying "screw her because why not" that have also been growing in number and seem to be making it a point to crap on her wherever and whenever a rumor shows up. Granted this is mostly made up of people who 1) never touched a Shantae game, 2) failed to understand the character or the series, and 3) feel that their own character is threatened, but boos tend to stick out a lot more than cheers.

The only weapons we have against these stubborn naysayers is to keep voting and to keep promoting. If we can't silence them, then we have to be louder than them. We're doing a good job of that so far, we just have to keep doing it.

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
If it makes you feel better, Shantae got a crap-ton of rumor videos since the Smashboards news post, which led to people finding Mr. Bozon's tweet and WayForward's desire to get her into Smash, which is going to get echoed around the internet for a good while. She's gotten more ballot hype in a few days than most of the really popular characters have since the ballot started a couple of months ago. If Shantae is still considered "off the radar" of the voters then it's not going to stay that way for much longer. If the fanbase, supporterbase and voterbase continue to grow like they are, then Shantae will have no problem getting noticed. That's not an issue.

If anything worries me, it's the number of people who are saying "screw her because why not" that have also been growing in number and seem to be making it a point to crap on her wherever and whenever a rumor shows up. Granted this is mostly made up of people who 1) never touched a Shantae game, 2) failed to understand the character or the series, and 3) feel that their own character is threatened, but boos tend to stick out a lot more than cheers.

The only weapons we have against these stubborn naysayers is to keep voting and to keep promoting. If we can't silence them, then we have to be louder than them. We're doing a good job of that so far, we just have to keep doing it.
I would agree completely.
We have our strengths, and must take full advantage of them whenever and however possible.

I firmly believe that any and all rumors of Shantae's inclusion must be taken with a grain of salt, but more importantly, we must do everything in our power to keep the flame burning strong until October.

Our blades must strike hard and fast. If we cannot fell our adversaries, then let us keep them at bay for as long as we can.
This battle can be won, but we must fight on!

(Sorry, got kind of dramatic there. I like to add some flair in situations like these.)

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice

I'm not worried at all. With all the support and attention she's been getting, especially from Japan, Ken Sugimori, and all the Gamefreak staffs, she being the only third-party character to appear next to Ninendo's greatest icons thanks to @NintendoAmerica, and all the fanarts of her moveset, I have confidence. Besides, you know how people are. They would even diss other characters besides Shantae, anyway. For example, I've ran into some people who hated the idea of having King K. Rool in Smash, surprisingly, and would diss him. Obviously, they feel scared because they believe a character they want won't make it in. So they'd just go out and do some stupid stuff. They obviously don't know who Shantae is, and think she's too obscure to be in Smash. But there's two problems right there:

1) We've gotten characters who were obscure at the time. Like Ness, Ice Climbers, and Fire Emblem.

2) She's not really obscure at all. Sure her first game came out late, but her future games helped her out. And gained attention.

With all the support and Japan's demand to have her localized, I think she has a lot of potential, and has what it takes to be in Smash. We may be months away from the closing ballot, but doesn't mean I'm stopping here! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

#ShantaeForSmash

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
Question: Do you think @NintendoAmerica is into the idea of Shantae being in Smash? You think they would've went ahead and put Shovel Knight in, due to many positive feedback from gamers, but chose Shantae instead. I mean, who would have thought Shantae would appear next to gaming's greatest icons?! That's incredible!

...or it could just be because of their regular choice. Who knows...? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Question: Do you think @NintendoAmerica is into the idea of Shantae being in Smash? You think they would've went ahead and put Shovel Knight in, due to many positive feedback from gamers, but chose Shantae instead. I mean, who would have thought Shantae would appear next to gaming's greatest icons?! That's incredible!

...or it could just be because of their regular choice. Who knows...? What do you guys think?
I believes to obviously acknowledge that Shantae shall deliver incredible spectacular of business for Nintendo's incomes sakes of might as well add Shantae in SMASH BROS FRANCHISE as a New DLC playable fighter for girls/women of video gamers shall be strictly interested in SMASH BROS FRANCHISE, all because of Shantae is actually playable character in Super Smash Bros 4 3DS/Wii U verisons for real of responding them to buy the game's profits itself, etc.! P.S: #ShantaeForSmash
150px-Shantae_half_genie_hero_by_evillilmonk-d6o76ry.png

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey guys I asked PushDustln to translate this tweet and he was kind enough to do it.
https://twitter.com/intergrow/status/531718513992286210

Here's his translation:

intergrow: October 16th, 2013: Good morning everyone. We are the team at Intergrow games. It's on the top page but, we will handle the release of the localization behind Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force!

Ketnolimit: November 7th: Mighty Switch Force has been distributed, but what happened with Shantae? Did the plan fall through?

intergrow: November 10th, 2014: Sorry to keep you waiting. The Japanese localization of Shantae will not be distributed via DSI Ware, but instead has been moved to the 3DS e-Shop. I think we will release more information about it next year, so please wait a little long!

I think we can use this as a reference. :)

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
[...]

Our blades must strike hard and fast. If we cannot fell our adversaries, then let us keep them at bay for as long as we can.
This battle can be won, but we must fight on!

(Sorry, got kind of dramatic there. I like to add some flair in situations like these.)
Don't worry, it was more cheesy than dramatic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh hey look, the thing I was going to post here got posted before I could
Do you think you could do another of this with the fan-made 3D render of Shantae that can be found in the OP of this thread? It would mean a lot! In case you don't know what I mean, here's the render:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
...I don't know what I just watched, and I don't think I want to know. Mayhap you should find some more tasteful videos, Raheem (pun not intended).

I thought about getting Tomodachi Life once.

Then I saw one of those dance numbers wherein a mii with the most soulless face I've ever seen sang "taut rippling man butts".

I then vowed never to touch Tomodachi Life for as long as I live.

Last edited:

CFood

Smash Cadet
If it makes you feel better, Shantae got a crap-ton of rumor videos since the Smashboards news post, which led to people finding Mr. Bozon's tweet and WayForward's desire to get her into Smash, which is going to get echoed around the internet for a good while.
I can confirm this. I am the biggest Shantae fan in my network of friends. So many people have pointed that tweet out to me. I'm like "Yeah, I heard."

It's funny, so many of them were like "WHOA IS SHANTAE CONFIRMED??"

Nah, Matt Bozon was basically going like "Hey Shantae is on this advertisement for the e-Shop along with Nintendo's greatest classics, Half Life 3 confirmed!"

Top Bottom