• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
My bad. This might sound silly, but I just don't want to go off-topic or anything on the current subject (the tweet), so that's why I asked if you guys wanted to see it. Anyways, here's the image:

Have a look: "SarConcScultlol.png" is the file I am most curious about. Sorry about the image quality; It's the best I could do. Anyways, what do you guys think?
If I'd be *really* grasping at straws, then I'd say "Scultlol" might be a reference to Scuttle Town... but I have no illusions about that actually being the case.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If I'd be *really* grasping at straws, then I'd say "Scultlol" might be a reference to Scuttle Town... but I have no illusions about that actually being the case.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The lol just seems out of place, but Scult can very much translate to Scuttle Town if you add two t's before the l and then a e at the end.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
^ that was terrible
even though I am a Rayman supporter from head to toe and would be really sad if he didn't get in I would like to see Shantae get in and she has my support.

(that tweet can't be confirmation she's in though because he wouldn't be able to talk about it at all if she was getting in)
I'm also supporting Rayman, but Shantae will always be my #1 vote, Here's hoping there's multiple winners in the ballot including Shantae & Rayman.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I as well certainly find that tweet interesting.

Also what gives? I think my account unwatched this thread for some reason. I stopped getting notifications for it -_-... Anywho, I would say he is either A. OVERLY confident she is getting in, B. Knows she is getting in, or C. Is using that to try to get more support for her in the ballot and what not

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I as well certainly find that tweet interesting.

Also what gives? I think my account unwatched this thread for some reason. I stopped getting notifications for it -_-... Anywho, I would say he is either A. OVERLY confident she is getting in, B. Knows she is getting in, or C. Is using that to try to get more support for her in the ballot and what not
It's "C" for sure. People (Shantae supporters and others as well) are deluded about this stuff.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's "C" for sure. People (both Shantae supoorters and others) are deluded about this stuff.
yeah. It wouldn't make sense for the guy to just up and confirm it like this. Nintendo wouldn't allow it. They tend to be secretive on this sorta stuff.. We don't even know for sure if we will get Smash news at e3 (Most of us are hopeful, but we still don't know for a fact do we?) We really want that to happen since there is gonna be a BIG drought of information from here until october otherwise.. and the Smash community is somewhat impatient sooo... XD

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
This picture is hype as heck!

Excited for Kirby Shantae tho. Also, I feel like a picture of a Kirby with a Shantae hat should be in the OP as well.

Like this picture!
Even though it was hand made, I WANT THAT AMIIBO!!! IT'S SO FREAKING CUTE!!!

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Krystal and Shantae are my top two characters I want for DLC so if ether one gets in I'll be happy but over the top happy if both got in but all depends how many DLC characters there will be after Lucas but Shantae would awesome since she would a fresh face to both the roster and the female cast

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
1st one I posted on this page: elleri1 (deviantart)
2nd one I posted on this page: rosusonikku (deviantart)
Thank you. Do you think we could get these guys to help us out here with support? If they are into the idea of Shantae in Smash, maybe we should bring them here to support.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Hey, I know that artist! I'm honestly surprised that picture hasn't made it's way into the thread earlier, as that picture was made long before the ballot. Still, it's good to know that people were fond of the idea of Shantae being in Smash before the ballot, huh?

On the subject of that picture, quite a few of you supporters seem to be sonic fans. Though it's from a fan-game, this song would fit quite well in Shantae, huh?
In fact, it almost sounds like it's from Shantae.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Hey, I know that artist! I'm honestly surprised that picture hasn't made it's way into the thread earlier, as that picture was made long before the ballot. Still, it's good to know that people were fond of the idea of Shantae being in Smash before the ballot, huh?

On the subject of that picture, quite a few of you supporters seem to be sonic fans. Though it's from a fan-game, this song would fit quite well in Shantae, huh?
In fact, it almost sounds like it's from Shantae.
Speaking of Sonic BtS (and AtS if you wanna extend that), this also sounds like Shantae music.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
My bad. This might sound silly, but I just don't want to go off-topic or anything on the current subject (the tweet), so that's why I asked if you guys wanted to see it. Anyways, here's the image:

Have a look: "SarConcScultlol.png" is the file I am most curious about. Sorry about the image quality; It's the best I could do. You'll have to use the Zoom tool you have on your browser to take a closer look at it; I don't think I am able to expand this image. Anyways, what do you guys think? Do you believe that Shantae is hidden within one of these images, specifically the one I was most curious about?

Well guys, just bringing back up my previous theory about the next Smashified, but I realized: The Power Suit Samus Folder to me is meant as a reference for both Issac (the red piece of armor on his chest and possibly his yellow scarf and blonde hair) and Shantae (her red clothing). Even though there is no folder present for Shantae anywhere, I still honestly believe that she may be hiding within Power Suit Samus's folder. Let's be honest here: If Power Suit Samus was being used as a reference for Issac, the reference image would be inside his folder, but the fact that the reference/folder of Power Suit Samus is not within Issac's folder begs the question of it being meant for Shantae instead. What do you guys think of that theory? Here's the image with the folders:

Now here's my original theory from the first image:

"Hmm.... I've been doing further analysis of the Travis video, and I found something very particular at one point in the video; Images of the character models. I saw images of Issac and Ridley (yes, Ridley) in their pre-development forms, and while I saw no sign of Shantae present, there was one particular image I saw that had the file name "SarConcScultlol.png" Although the image is blurry along with the other images, it seems as though it matches the look of Shantae compared to the other images I saw of Issac and Ridley. I'm not sure what the purpose of the file is for its name, but it is a character render, just not sure what character the render is of. It does appear to have the look of a pre-rendered Issac, but I'm just not too sure. Do you guys want me to post some photographic proof of my discovery?"

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Anyone else hoping that if Shantae is in, she gets at least one move that helps against shields? In a game where shielding is pretty much the thing t do, something to trip them up is always good.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Anyone else hoping that if Shantae is in, she gets at least one move that helps against shields? In a game where shielding is pretty much the thing t do, something to trip them up is always good.
Shields can be grabbed through, so if she had a fast dash/walking speed and good rolling, she could very quickly grab the enemy. But if we had to give her a move that can break through shields, like Marth and Lucina's Shield Breaker, I think her Elephant transformation (if it was a down special move), should severely weaken enemy shields, similar to Bowser Bomb in function, just that the move won't be able to completely destroy them. In exchange though for not being able to completely destroy shields, it could be a bit faster then Bowser Bomb. That would very much help her.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Well guys, just bringing back up my previous theory about the next Smashified, but I realized: The Power Suit Samus Folder to me is meant as a reference for both Issac (the red piece of armor on his chest and possibly his yellow scarf and blonde hair) and Shantae (her red clothing). Even though there is no folder present for Shantae anywhere, I still honestly believe that she may be hiding within Power Suit Samus's folder. Let's be honest here: If Power Suit Samus was being used as a reference for Issac, the reference image would be inside his folder, but the fact that the reference/folder of Power Suit Samus is not within Issac's folder begs the question of it being meant for Shantae instead. What do you guys think of that theory? Here's the image with the folders:

Now here's my original theory from the first image:

"Hmm.... I've been doing further analysis of the Travis video, and I found something very particular at one point in the video; Images of the character models. I saw images of Issac and Ridley (yes, Ridley) in their pre-development forms, and while I saw no sign of Shantae present, there was one particular image I saw that had the file name "SarConcScultlol.png" Although the image is blurry along with the other images, it seems as though it matches the look of Shantae compared to the other images I saw of Issac and Ridley. I'm not sure what the purpose of the file is for its name, but it is a character render, just not sure what character the render is of. It does appear to have the look of a pre-rendered Issac, but I'm just not too sure. Do you guys want me to post some photographic proof of my discovery?"
It's really hard to say as much as Shantae is requested, I'm not sure what character would best be used as a reference for Shantae, but Omni did make a comment on this artist to ask if he could benchmark this:

http://blue-paint-sea.deviantart.com/art/What-if-Shantae-was-Smashified-526753137?offset=25#comments

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

"What 'See you in Smash' quote?"

EDIT: Just realized that Bozon actually retweeted SmashBoards' tweet on the whole Shantae thing...
Well, I guess this confirms that Mr.Bozon was indeed wanting Shantae to get more well known and get more votes through his original tweet. Still, him making this is great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom