• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, me neither! I'd definitely don't want our precious Shantae Thread be closed, oh H-E-L-L 2 the NO! But, #ShantaeForSmash, no matter what-regardless still keeping moving forward and especially keep voting for our ShantaeForSmash too! View attachment 54286 North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/
Saying "grants your wishes" for our gal kinda annoys me. Shanate is a protector of a town, not wish granting servant.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, if Shantae were to get some Mii Fighter outfits, who would you want to see? I really like Bolo, so seeing a Brawler outfit would be great.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Sorry if someone said this before, (I have a headache, and tired from work. I don't want to go message surfing on this site) but what would her final smash be?
(Risky's Revenge Spoiler)

I thought it would be like how Nega Shantae did her attacks, a flurry of animal transformations with the abilities raised to the tenth degree: monkey bullets zip the screen first (like Latios and Latias), elephants fall from the sky in random patterns that dig people into the ground or spike airborne opponents, ending it with the mermaid transformation taking center screen and unleashing a bullet-hell of exploding bubbles in all directions.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
HERE'S ANOTHER VIDEO OF MINE, QUITE DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST ONE:
#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Alright, I'm definitely a supporter for Shantae now, so sign me up. All it took was some videos and a listen of the soundtrack to Risky's Revenge. I still need to play her games though, which would you guys recommend to start with?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm definitely a supporter for Shantae now, so sign me up. All it took was some videos and a listen of the soundtrack to Risky's Revenge. I still need to play her games though, which would you guys recommend to start with?
Risky's Revenge
GBC is a bit archaic of being a retro title.
Pirate's Curse REALLY kinda runs off of humor assuming you played either earlier title.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
It really depends, but if you wanna start from the beginning go get Shantae for GBC.
Risky's Revenge is the sequel, though is a bit on the short side.
Pirate's Curse is the best imo, but is the last in the trilogy so you may get a bit confused story-wise.
Half-Genie Hero comes out sometime in the future.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Cool, thanks. I was mostly on the fence between Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse. I'll probably play all of them eventually but I'll be starting with Risky's Revenge it looks like.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, I started with GBC game, it's a tad archaic, but it was still rather fun. I like playing my games in chronological order. Risky's Revenge is also a great one to start with (I'm close to beating it), haven't touched Pirate's Curse yet.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just beaten Risky's Revenge, it was better than the first(which was already great). It did however feel a tad short, but that doesn't matter. The music was great (that boss music though), the sprites were well animated, and the dialogue was charming. Shantae herself has become one of my favorite female protagonists ever. I won't be able to play Pirate's Curse until I get some money, but I can't wait to play it, and I'm looking forward to Half-Genie Hero.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Urgh, finding new Smash videos featuring Shantae videos to post here is proving to be a chore. Not because of all the Let's Play vids, which would be easy enough to sort through on their own, but because of some awful ad-spamming bot that makes multiple YouTube accounts with lots of "DOWNLOAD X FOR FREE HERE" videos every few seconds. One of the "X" variables is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, which floods the search results and makes it very hard to find any Smash-related Shantae vids that lack either the "Shantae" or "Smash" tags.

I reported the accounts and notified YouTube administration about the possible bot, but this is going to make tracking down new propganda vids a bit difficult as long as they persist.

CFood

Smash Cadet
As I have stated elsewhere, they only do that out of fear that certain characters would "steal slots" from their own precious character... which isn't the case.
That's funny, cause I support both my boy Roy, and Shantae.

But if they both get in, I have the problem of "Who do I main now"

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thank you guys for the replies and answer, sorry for not commenting on it. Monday, I passed out at work by heat exhaustion. I feeling fine know. And I love gb7zone7's idea
Geez, I'm glad to hear you're doing ok there pal. I hope you rested yourself after something like that.

Top Bottom