• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shantae should just be a real Nintendo character at this point

Atown1z

Smash Rookie
I have been wanting Shantae as of late, and then I was lurking here and got really excited. So, I made an account so I could join my fellow Shantae supporters here. Could you add me to the supporter list?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I have been wanting Shantae as of late, and then I was lurking here and got really excited. So, I made an account so I could join my fellow Shantae supporters here. Could you add me to the supporter list?
Welcome, New Shantae-ian supporter and please represent our precious Shantae as a New DLC playable character in futuristic World of SMASH!
8aa2dfe5dd25ce52961add5b2f412bfe Shantae.jpg

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
And so our strength continues to grow.
*evil grin* Excellent...

Welcome aboard!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Okay, I can't take it anymore! I've been checking out this thread for the last week and a half, and I have to say this looks really amazing! Can I be put on the support list for Shantae? I was checking out some gameplay of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and I have to say, I'm impressed. The series really gives me a good vibe. I think this series could really become something if even MORE is added to the series. BTW, I've noticed everyone talking about that artwork on DA about a day or two ago. I really like it too, but I feel that if there was ever a 3-D render of Shantae that should be used in Smash, it should be the one used the OP for this thread. It looks like it was practically made for Smash! Also, out of all the indie characters, does anyone else here get the feeling she is WAY out in front for playable indie character?

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Okay, I can't take it anymore! I've been checking out this thread for the last week and a half, and I have to say this looks really amazing! Can I be put on the support list for Shantae? I was checking out some gameplay of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and I have to say, I'm impressed. The series really gives me a good vibe. I think this series could really become something if even MORE is added to the series. BTW, I've noticed everyone talking about that artwork on DA about a day or two ago. I really like it too, but I feel that if there was ever a 3-D render of Shantae that should be used in Smash, it should be the one used the OP for this thread. It looks like it was practically made for Smash! Also, out of all the indie characters, does anyone else here get the feeling she is WAY out in front for playable indie character?
Well bare in mind. In terms of creating 3rd party characters, Sakurai has to check with the IP holders during the creation process. It has to look good, and the devs have to be ok with the finished product.

This in mind, if Shantae gets in, we will probably get a 3D render of this form here: https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/00...sless=true&s=78da2418a3bdf12332343e2d00c83d80

So basically somewhat like that DA render.. but more "professional".

Also bare in mind we don't have that many great looking Renders of Shantae in 3D. (We certainly don't have any official ones)

Probably the only ones that come to mind are the one in the op, and the DA one... UNLESS of course there will be a smashified of her. Basically put, Wayforward will probably want her resembling her more recent incarnations. (Dat Marketing after all)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Probably the only ones that come to mind are the one in the op, and the DA one... UNLESS of course there will be a smashified of her. Basically put, Wayforward will probably want her resembling her more recent incarnations. (Dat Marketing after all)
I hope they don't lean on the marketing. That was PSASBR's fatal flaw. It got us the worst version of the worst version of Dante. Seriously, Capcom was such a bunch of tight-asses they wouldn't allow any alt costumes for fear of story spoilers and didn't allow a Classic Dante.

Smash has been really good about 3rd Parties as Mega Man and Pac-Man represent all of their older games with no mention being made of freaky Ghostly adventures Pac and while there was come advertising for Sonic and Metal Gear it wasn't front and center. There was only a few Metal Gear 4 things and Sonic Lost World being represented isn't out of place alongside all the other Nintendo games being shown with their latest stuff.

TL;DR I hope they don't overdo pushing the latest games but instead make a celebration of Shantae as a whole.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I hope they don't lean on the marketing. That was PSASBR's fatal flaw. It got us the worst version of the worst version of Dante. Seriously, Capcom was such a bunch of tight-***** they wouldn't allow any alt costumes for fear of story spoilers and didn't allow a Classic Dante.

Smash has been really good about 3rd Parties as Mega Man and Pac-Man represent all of their older games with no mention being made of freaky Ghostly adventures Pac and while there was come advertising for Sonic and Metal Gear it wasn't front and center. There was only a few Metal Gear 4 things and Sonic Lost World being represented isn't out of place alongside all the other Nintendo games being shown with their latest stuff.

TL;DR I hope they don't overdo pushing the latest games but instead make a celebration of Shantae as a whole.
Well Smash is into more or less.. "subtle" Marketing. Face it. You know good and well Smash is their trump card. Its perfect for subtly advertising some latest titles, all while entertaining us and making us forget about that aspect of it all.. lol

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
With Ryu getting in all 3rd parties characters toke a shot hopefully this doesn't stop shantae from getting in the game.And again if anybody here is expecting 10-20 DLC be prepared to be disappointed

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
With Ryu getting in all 3rd parties characters toke a shot hopefully this doesn't stop shantae from getting in the game.And again if anybody here is expecting 10-20 DLC be prepared to be disappointed
inb4 someone finds Shantae soundclips in another later update, and we all go ballistic on that.. lol

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have a question, what's your favorite Shantae game?
I'm still playing the first, but I'm really enjoying, I'll get to Risky's Revenge afterwards.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
WayForward are now going Exclusively for Mobile Apple Watch Apps Games and especially ShantaeForSmash y'all:
Might want to rephrase that.. it sounded like the company was going exclusively for the watch thingy.. (which would be a stupid move in my opinion)

I know you ment for that game in particular but still XD

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Maid Shantae confirmed?!

On topic, though, I really don't think Ryu or Roy's inclusion (assuming it's real, I'm still suspicious) will hurt Shantae's chances at all. What I'm worried about is if Shantae will be getting customs or not, since Mewtwo doesn't have any...

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Honestly, I think customs shouldn't matter to begin with anyways. You can only use customs in certain modes anyways. So I think it shouldn't matter.
I'm well aware, but in competitive terms it'd give Shantae more playstyles if they did it right...

D

Deleted member

Can i see the wayforward responce to ryu? Also the shantae ryu costume please.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But why? Why would they release unfinished Dlc, if I may ask?.. >_>
$$$...or could be they may release a bundle package containing even more customs for all characters and not just Mewtwo on his own...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
$$$...or could be they may release a bundle package containing even more customs for all characters and not just Mewtwo on his own...
Yeah. Probably the latter. I'm sure they wouldn't try something stupid like the former... after all they have been doing DLC Right so far.. if they botched it up there would be a riot XD

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I'm the type of guy were I say the more the merrier for smash bros and honestly as of late I don't believe we're getting just 6-8 characters like most people are suggesting, so I'm just gonna wait and see what Sakurai has planned for us.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well. In terms of that signature, I ended up getting bored and took matters into my own hands..

So how did I do it...

Well.. I'll admit, it was HELL XD

Due to the nature of the cards, I actually had to take like three different cards to edit out the character that used to be there (It used to be Muddy mole, incase you are curious... lol)

Obviously I doubt its even comparable to the work N3ON and the other fellow have been doing... but I figure its something :/

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Well. In terms of that signature, I ended up getting bored and took matters into my own hands..

So how did I do it...

Due to the nature of the cards, I actually had to take like three different cards to edit out the character that used to be there (It used to be Muddy mole, incase you are curious... lol)

Obviously I doubt its even comparable to the work N3ON and the other fellow have been doing... but I figure its something :/
Perfect!

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice

So how did I do it...

I think it looks great!

Top Bottom