• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I think an interesting way to get people support Shantae being in Smash in these final days of the Smash Ballot is addressing that she would be a new female protagonist, not to mention a female character that is the star of a main franchise, as Samus has been the only one since the original Smash Bros in 1999. I think creating and requesting fanart of scenarios such as Shantae sporting the Power Suit, or Shantae and Samus getting along, would be quite nice.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

I'll be coloring it once I do some touch up work on the lines.
And now I'll be wishing for something I know I'll never get. Why can't 3D printing be much more advanced than it already is so we could just have these without praying for companies to make them? Guess you'll just have to tweet it at GSC and WayForward and hope they bite.

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
And now I'll be wishing for something I know I'll never get. Why can't 3D printing be much more advanced than it already is so we could just have these without praying for companies to make them? Guess you'll just have to tweet it at GSC and WayForward and hope they bite.
I tweeted it at Matt Bozon for fun. He usually retweets most Shantae tweets, so I'm hoping he does for this one.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Knowing Sakurai's bias for Japan-Only and obscure characters, Namco's Valkyrie will most likely be added in a DLC pack to hold us over until the Ballot winners are done. :p

I personally see no issue with this unless she has a freaking counter move
image.jpg

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Knowing Sakurai's bias for Japan-Only and obscure characters, Namco's Valkyrie will most likely be added in a DLC pack to hold us over until the Ballot winners are done. :p

View attachment 72062
You know, I've gotten the same feeling with both Valkyrie and Arle Nadja from SEGA's Puyo Puyo series:
I support BOTH girls, and Shantae, BTW!

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
As a Palutena main, I don't mind this at all.
She would probably be Link with more magic-based attacks, if you played the Famicom or Arcade game.
You know, I've gotten the same feeling with both Valkyrie and Arle Nadja from SEGA's Puyo Puyo series:
I support BOTH girls, and Shantae, BTW!
I would question Arle, and then I remembered Dr. Mario

I STILL WANT PUYO PUYO TETRIS IN AMERICA BUT OF COURSE FREAKING UBISOFT

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Super Mario Bros Z? Wow, along with Homestar Runner's return all the good flash animations are coming back... as flash is dying... Funny how that works out.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413

View attachment 72062
Y'know, before Pac-man was announced, I actually suggested Valkyrie as Namco's Representative in Smash. I would LOVE to see her in! I've played all her games and the Arcade one is the best. FINAL SMASH: Big Magic! ...what...? I like giant girls.........

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Bros Z? Wow, along with Homestar Runner's return all the good flash animations are coming back... as flash is dying... Funny how that works out.
Well, you know what they say...

Actually, it is kind of really funny talking about the resurrection of "flash" in recent years, because Shantae: Half Genie Hero always had this: "similar to flash, but not really, but still really high quality" vibe to me.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Y'know, before Pac-man was announced, I actually suggested Valkyrie as Namco's Representative in Smash. I would LOVE to see her in! I've played all her games and the Arcade one is the best. FINAL SMASH: Big Magic! ...what...? I like giant girls.........
Valkyrie is the only reason I want the Project X Zone games.

Namco and Capcom think it's really funny to put in Valkyrie and Mega Man X despite not giving them any new games

Last edited:

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
And now with college starting back up, the most difficult part for me is here: surving college while simultaneously waiting for the ballot to close and find out if Shantae makes it

In another time, this would have made me jump for joy. But alas I have grown a bit more bitter and cynical with age, so rather than being pleasantly that a series I loved is coming back, I'm counting down the days before Alvin gets burned out again and goes back to his.....artwork.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Valkyrie is the only reason I want the Project X Zone games.

Namco and Capcom think it's really funny to put in Valkyrie and Mega Man X despite not giving them any new games
My brother has beaten Project X Zone. It was fun to see all those characters interacting. Especially Valkyrie. <3

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
And now with college starting back up, the most difficult part for me is here: surving college while simultaneously waiting for the ballot to close and find out if Shantae makes it
Same here.

My brother has beaten Project X Zone. It was fun to see all those characters interacting. Especially Valkyrie. <3
Even if the story made less sense than Marvel vs Capcom.

Yes, that had a story.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Same here.

Even if the story made less sense than Marvel vs Capcom.

Yes, that had a story.
Yeah I never played it I just watched. And the story was a little confusing. But still, if Shantae and Valkyrie both get into Smash.... I think I'll die of happiness.

Top Bottom