• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well, doesn't Villager actually have the same exact balloon design as balloon fighter, but red punching gloves with laces? I mean, it's balloon fighter's only thing. Little Mac had a lot going for him.
Yeah I wouldn't even consider Balloon Fighter at this point.

As for being an Assist Trophy though...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@APC99, in the scenario that Dedede is shown with his Waddle Dee throw move, would Waddle Dee be put in the OP as deconfirmed?
It would only be fair to Toad (not that I think Toad has a decent chance or anything).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah I wouldn't even consider Balloon Fighter at this point.

As for being an Assist Trophy though...
According to the Rosalina's reveal trailer, Villager has blue balloons now... Balloon Fighter (at least the 1P Balloon Fighter) uses red balloons.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@APC99, in the scenario that Dedede is shown with his Waddle Dee throw move, would Waddle Dee be put in the OP as deconfirmed?
It would only be fair to Toad (not that I think Toad has a decent chance or anything).
Poor Toad :C
But well, here is my opinion.
Toad and Bandana Dee are in very different situations.
First, Toad was showed in a picture with the other characters of Mario 3D World, is like: Here are the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom, but one is just an attack.

Then, this picture was posted before Rosalina's reveal.

Is like: Nope, Toad is not playable.

And obviously, then we have Rosalina's reveal.

I know a Blue Toad is not technically deconfirmed, but another Mario character is not likely, he has a lot of competition and is exactly the same as the other Toads (Red, Yellow, etc), Blue Toad isn't even "The Toad", there is a lot of Blue Toads, so, imo, if Sakurai "deconfirms" one Toad, he "deconfirms" all the Toads.
Maybe Captain Toad or Toadsworth have "a chance" because they are important members of their species, and obviously they are more than just a Toad with another colour, they have an important role, they are unique, and they look different.
Too bad they have a lot of competition, their series probably won't have another newcomer and they are not popular.

But Bandana Dee is different, a normal Waddle Dee is just a normal enemy, not an important character, Bandana Dee has an important role, he has moveset potential and is an expert with the spear, a warrior.
A normal Waddle Dee can't do what Bandana Dee can do (Normal Spear Waddle Dees are just novices.)

If Dedede is in a pic throwing a Waddle Dee, what would happen? Bandana Dee looks pretty different, he is reddish, has a bandana and a spear, he can even kill other Waddle Dees in the Wii game, so I think that would not affect his chances.
You can't compare a normal enemy to an important character, That's one of Toad's problems, all of them are the same, all of them has the same personality, can do the same and the only difference between them is just a colour change.

BUT, if Sakurai posts a pic of Kirby, Meta Knight , Dedede and a normal Waddle Dee, like in the pic with Toad, I think Bandana Dee would probably be deconfirmed, but I doubt that will happen.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Poor Toad :C
But well, here is my opinion.
Toad and Bandana Dee are in very different situations.
First, Toad was showed in a picture with the other characters of Mario 3D World, is like: Here are the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom, but one is just an attack.

Then, this picture was posted before Rosalina's reveal.

Is like: Nope, Toad is not playable.

And obviously, then we have Rosalina's reveal.

I know a Blue Toad is not technically deconfirmed, but another Mario character is not likely, he has a lot of competition and is exactly the same as the other Toads (Red, Yellow, etc), Blue Toad isn't even "The Toad", there is a lot of Blue Toads, so, imo, if Sakurai "deconfirms" one Toad, he "deconfirms" all the Toads.
Maybe Captain Toad or Toadsworth have "a chance" because they are important members of their species, and obviously they are more than just a Toad with another colour, they have an important role, they are unique, and they look different.
Too bad they have a lot of competition, their series probably won't have another newcomer and they are not popular.

But Bandana Dee is different, a normal Waddle Dee is just a normal enemy, not an important character, Bandana Dee has an important role, he has moveset potential and is an expert with the spear, a warrior.
A normal Waddle Dee can't do what Bandana Dee can do (Normal Spear Waddle Dees are just novices.)

If Dedede is in a pic throwing a Waddle Dee, what would happen? Bandana Dee looks pretty different, he is reddish, has a bandana and a spear, he can even kill other Waddle Dees in the Wii game, so I think that would not affect his chances.
You can't compare a normal enemy to an important character, That's one of Toad's problems, all of them are the same, all of them has the same personality, can do the same and the only difference between them is just a colour change.

BUT, if Sakurai posts a pic of Kirby, Meta Knight , Dedede and a normal Waddle Dee, like in the pic with Toad, I think Bandana Dee would probably be deconfirmed, but I doubt that will happen.
I see where you are coming from, and I don't want to get TOO off-topic, but all I am saying is that if Sakurai posts a picture of Dedede throwing a Waddle Dee and says something like, "Here we have Dedede throwing a Waddle Dee, who is his projectile." or something along these lines, Waddle Dee should count as deconfirmed for the sake of this thread.

When I made my post above, I was more specifically referring to CAPTAIN Toad, who I guess you could say is "braver" than other Toads.

Remember, this thread is about who is deconfirmed and has a 0% chance of appearing as a fighter, and is not about who is likely or not. Even if a character has a 1% chance, they are not deconfirmed. Hell, even Goku is not officially deconfirmed!

If we were talking about likeliness, I'd say Bandana Dee still has a decent chance, even if Dedede keeps his Dee throw.
After all, Dedede can just spawn in an Alfonzo head and throw him! :troll:
While having Alfonzo stay up Peach's dress would risk an M-Rating. :troll:

But seriously I think Bandana Dee has a decent shot, especially since Dedede's throw hasn't been shown, while Toad was shown right away when Peach was revealed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For all we know DDD's side B might have been changed to a shotgun so we've got no way of currently knowing Waddle/Bandana Dee's chances.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
We had a thread like this pre-Brawl

in it, ROB was deconfirmed
Lol, what was the reasoning behind that one? Was it because he was an enemy in SSE?

I can imagine it'll be harder to put characters in this, now that we have all sorts of logical precedents that have been broken.

"NINTENDOG CONFIRMED! When playing as Nintendog on the Nintendog stage, you'll find Afonso rolling around on his back in the background!"

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lol, what was the reasoning behind that one? Was it because he was an enemy in SSE?

I can imagine it'll be harder to put characters in this, now that we have all sorts of logical precedents that have been broken.

"NINTENDOG CONFIRMED! When playing as Nintendog on the Nintendog stage, you'll find Afonso rolling around on his back in the background!"
It was indeed because of his role as an enemy. It would be sort of similar to us including Toon Link due to him appearing in the Spirit Tracks stage (which we didn't do, but still). There was reason to believe he might be deconfirmed, but it was ultimately a misunderstanding.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
For all we know DDD's side B might have been changed to a shotgun so we've got no way of currently knowing Waddle/Bandana Dee's chances.
Why not a banana?

The suspense over Dedede is killing me but I'll miss his side B if bandana's a character. It'd be worth it though.

also bandana dee at least adds in his spear

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Sakurai isnt the guy who doom characters, even toad have a chance TODAY, so, stop being scared fo nothing pls (not that i think he is going to be in though).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

Isn't Doc Louis confirmed not to be a character?

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
He was prominently featured in the trailer though.
He's only shown in the promotional trailer, so we have no idea it what form or place he appears in-game. Anything we could say about his place in ssb4 is just an assumption (even if it's a save one).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd imagine no.

Cause it would be awkward...

D

Deleted member

Graves don't work for concepts.

Diddy can't both be "alive" and "dead" at the same time.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the tag team supposed to be in Brawl? If so, the idea would at least deserve a honourable mention for not getting a second chance imo.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And Dixie could still very well be a character on her own, so don't count her out yet either. ¦D

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I see where you are coming from, and I don't want to get TOO off-topic, but all I am saying is that if Sakurai posts a picture of Dedede throwing a Waddle Dee and says something like, "Here we have Dedede throwing a Waddle Dee, who is his projectile." or something along these lines, Waddle Dee should count as deconfirmed for the sake of this thread.

When I made my post above, I was more specifically referring to CAPTAIN Toad, who I guess you could say is "braver" than other Toads.

Remember, this thread is about who is deconfirmed and has a 0% chance of appearing as a fighter, and is not about who is likely or not. Even if a character has a 1% chance, they are not deconfirmed. Hell, even Goku is not officially deconfirmed!

If we were talking about likeliness, I'd say Bandana Dee still has a decent chance, even if Dedede keeps his Dee throw.
After all, Dedede can just spawn in an Alfonzo head and throw him! :troll:
While having Alfonzo stay up Peach's dress would risk an M-Rating. :troll:

But seriously I think Bandana Dee has a decent shot, especially since Dedede's throw hasn't been shown, while Toad was shown right away when Peach was revealed.
Goku lives on!

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well that was harsh. This "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle." might become the troller's chant for anyone who's character got deconfirmed.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Considering Sakurai brutally desecrated Waluigi with all the dignity of a grave-robbing vandal, I would suggest a tombstone to reflect such a ruined condition.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't even support Waluigi. But that last sentence was cold. This has to suck for those that liked him.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I knew I wouldn't expect Ridley to make it in as a playable character because he was a boss and now that last phrase hinted it further.

EDIT: Uhh I take that back because apparently that phrase meant something with his biography.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I shouldn't gloat, but I really, really hate Waluigi. He's an obnoxious, ugly and lame spin off character.

Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom