• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
It hurts having your most wanted character denied, but my love for smash bros and the fact that 3 of the 4 characters that make up my user name are still in the running my hype is still strong.
Also can Waluigi get an actual plot in the graveyard? he certainly deserves one IMO.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to have a character reveal that has really 'wow'-ed me to be honest, and I'm starting to realize that. Mega Man and Little Mac are no-brainers, Rosalina is an obvious pick to fill the Mario slot and bump up female representation, and the Wii Fit Trainer... not for me. Villager is the only one I really tip my hat to I guess.

Looking at those Project M models again, Waluigi had some potential, and it wouldn't have been so much the 'wow' factor, but it would've been a good addition.

I'm not really supporting anyone to get in, but if I was a supporter of any minor character still contending for a spot like Waluigi, I'd be fearing Sakurai's cold shoulder at this point. Ouch.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to have a character reveal that has really 'wow'-ed me to be honest, and I'm starting to realize that. Mega Man and Little Mac are no-brainers, Rosalina is an obvious pick to fill the Mario slot and bump up female representation, and the Wii Fit Trainer... not for me. Villager is the only one I really tip my hat to I guess.

Looking at those Project M models again, Waluigi had some potential, and it wouldn't have been so much the 'wow' factor, but it would've been a good addition.

I'm not really supporting anyone to get in, but if I was a supporter of any minor character still contending for a spot like Waluigi, I'd be fearing Sakurai's cold shoulder at this point. Ouch.
The problem with this roster is that Brawls roster had the most wow type characters. Remember it was a sequel to a game where 1/3 of the cast was just super carbon copies and outright lazy character additions (Dr.Mario? Roy who was just added as a promotional tactic and freaking Pichu???) Sm4sh now has to go thru that hump after giving us one of the great rosters. Outside of Megaman, They just havent gave us the HOLY F'N **** character that we all really want. Well I went insane for Little Mac. I have the one character I wanted so I am good.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
In the back of my head I always thought that the four plumbers would be playable in a Smash Bros game together. Especially after Wario got into Brawl. But like Young Horsetail said above, we have to be positive about this. He got acknowledged enough to be selected as an Assist, not once but twice. I'm glad he's in the game at all. Look at Daisy and Bowser Jr. thus far. A pallet swap and jack squat. At least he is being acknowledged. I mean I support Bubbles as playable, but I'm sure that won't happen, but if it gets in as an assist I will be ecstatic.
Mario, Luigi and Wario did things other than sports, karts and parties.

That's the thing.

R0Y

Smash Master
Monday's Assist Trophy

"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Reaper is getting full this week.
I know right? Dampé has been working overtime this week.

Is "working hard" sakurai's code phrase for "disconfirmed" now?
I hope ridley isn't working hard right now
I hope Ridley is chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool...

...And all playing some P:M outside of the school
But then a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started posting garbage in my Miiversehood
I got into one little dispute and they called me a 'tard
And then Sakurai said "Sorry Ridley you were working too hard"

This might be helpful to read along with: :awesome:

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So if Ridley works too hard, he's not going to be playable?
Start slacking off, dragon! :laugh:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
going to pay my respects to waluigi now

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I think working meant the fanbase. The Waluigi fanbase has been working hard for him to be playable, but Sakurai chooses what soul to crush and no one can do anything.

With that logic being said:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think working meant the fanbase. The Waluigi fanbase has been working hard for him to be playable, but Sakurai chooses what soul to crush and no one can do anything.

With that logic being said:

I want Sakurai to crush the souls who support the Goku from DragonBall Z by confirming the Goku from Yuyuki as a playable character. :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want Sakurai to crush the souls who support the Goku from DragonBall Z by confirming the Goku from Yuyuki as a playable character. :troll:
They'll just be morons and think he stole the name from Goku. Because most people who suggest characters like Goku from Dragonball simply are not Nintendo fans. They're probably the type who looks at most of the roster of Smash Brothers and goes ''Who?!"

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The OP is currently undergoing some changes right now, but more information has been added on Twinrova, Wii Balance Board, Blue Shark and Kapp'n. I'm planning on adding more biographies of sorts to each character's "gravestone", as well as overall organizing it better (Assist Trophies, Poke Balls, Stage Hazards, Moves, Items and the sort).

D

Deleted member

Sakurai must be out for blood if he has been disconfirming characters three days in a row.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
They'll just be morons and think he stole the name from Goku. Because most people who suggest characters like Goku from Dragonball simply are not Nintendo fans. They're probably the type who looks at most of the roster of Smash Brothers and goes ''Who?!"

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If you got Infernape, isn't that the same thing as Goku? To the point I named mine Goku.

Also, nooooooo! Twinrova! The oracle games were awesome!!

So I guess I should be glad as poop you at least got to be a stage hazard.

Bring on the Vaati!

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
If you got Infernape, isn't that the same thing as Goku? To the point I named mine Goku.

Also, nooooooo! Twinrova! The oracle games were awesome!!

So I guess I should be glad as poop you at least got to be a stage hazard.

Bring on the Vaati!
No, Lucario is Goku.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
3 Straight Days of Deconfirmations!

Smash 4's release does seem to be on the horizon. Maybe he is doing this on purpose, to start to slow down un-realistic speculation, and make fans start to hype characters that have more of a chance and will be in the game.

Considering it was a Mario deconformation, then Pokémon deconformation, and now a Zelda deconformation, I think it may be Kirby, or *gulp* Metroid tomorrow.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Were TwinRova supported before? Even if I know they were a honorable mention...
Inspection of the Character Listings reveals this to be a no. Neither Koume/Kotake or TwinRova had any support threads.
In terms of actual support, I haven't seen any. Kind of similar to Dedenne, where it was just a thing we didn't really hope was playable or want it to be so in large quantity.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
3 Straight Days of Deconfirmations!

Smash 4's release does seem to be on the horizon. Maybe he is doing this on purpose, to start to slow down un-realistic speculation, and make fans start to hype characters that have more of a chance and will be in the game.

Considering it was a Mario deconformation, then Pokémon deconformation, and now a Zelda deconformation, I think it may be Kirby, or *gulp* Metroid tomorrow.
No Goku for SSB4 joke?

Who do you think Iarukas shall kill tomorrow?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom