• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, take your hate elsewhere please, like the Miiverse thread, the Smash 4 General Topic, or the Waluigi Thread.

D

Deleted member

I didn't expect Waluigi to get in SSB4. He was a massive longshot after when Rosalina got confirmed.
But still, my condolences to those who wanted Waluigi to be playable.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Considering Sakurai brutally desecrated Waluigi with all the dignity of a grave-robbing vandal, I would suggest a tombstone to reflect such a ruined condition.
I gotta say this. I don't even want to visit the forums after that. I mean I really don't think that was called for. Even as a Waluigi fan, I expected him out after Rosalina made it in. But what that really necessary? I mean wow.

And if that was "Shots Fired" at Ridley as well... well let's just say I can't wait to see who makes it into Smash 4.

Put me on the record with this. If we get a genuine disliked roster among fans... I hope Nintendo feels the hit in their wallet. I get that it's their choice to see who gets in or doesn't. But I hope that we as the paying customers don't let them get away with that.

Truth: As a company out to make a profit, they don't "owe" us anything.
Truth: As a customer, we don't have to buy what they are selling.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The last sentence explained that some characters can't make it even if it's possible, to make room for others. I don't see how it was cruel or cold at all.
I kinda wanted Waluigi, but oh well. People are acting like Sakurai hated Waluigi with his life and burned him and Waluigi fans in a fire and spat on their graves.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OP's been updated with Waluigi, thank you for allowing me to get to it first @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy . This was possibly one of the first dis-confirmations which affected me (before this, it was solely Toad, a little bit of Nintendog, but not really).

Waluigi Time, my purple crotch-chopping brethren. Waluigi Time.

upload_2014-2-27_7-22-18.jpeg

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi's deconfirmation, I was expecting it to happen sooner of later. At least no one that I want has been deconfirmed yet.

Oh, and APC99, you can edit your thread's title with the Thread Tools option.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Wait people, that last phrase was meant only for Waluigi himself. Look at a pic in prev page to see why. I think Sakurai made a joke that most people don't see it coming.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry Waluigi fans

By the way look at sakurais comment it is so cold

Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Oh that Sakuraii! What a mean pony.

My condolences to Waluigi's fans - while i do support him, he's not anywhere near my top picks

~At least we'll always have Crusade, where he is playable~

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
So, do you all think it's a safe assumption that they'll be at least one new AT reveal a month from this point forward? I could see that happening. Last month we got one new one and two returning ones and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that up. With that being said, this thread's probably going to pick up a lot more in the coming weeks.
This was exactly one month ago. Really accurate.

What else do you know.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not sure if I said this before. But This thread needs a theme song. If I had to chose, it'd be Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". Seems fitting enough, right? Well other than that, I kind of agree with Fatmanonice. We might get at least one assist character a month. Maybe even two if not much is going on.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I didn't expect for Waluigi to become playable. Sure, he's a cool character, but there are some characters more deserving of the playable character spot who have a priority over Waluigi.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I'm happy that he's in the game at all. It's a perfect spot for him. Being an assist trophy is an honor. With that being said: WA-WA-WA-WA-WAAAAAAAAA!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Though I'll never understand the Waluigi requests, I guess this has been the biggest disconfirmation so far, considering he had a somewhat large fanbase and was an Assist Trophy with a chance of making the jump.

Dream shattering season continues.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Though I'll never understand the Waluigi requests, I guess this has been the biggest disconfirmation so far, considering he had a somewhat large fanbase and was an Assist Trophy with a chance of making the jump.

Dream shattering season continues.

Waluigi attempts to jump to playable.

Then he attempts to use Yoshi to get into Smash 4

But inevitable Sakurai says no.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know what this thread needs?

Positivity.

Like, remove that graveyard pic thing.

And let's have a picture like this instead.

(Twitch Plays Pokemon's released pokemon. Do people cry over these though? Nope.They still love them dearly and appreciate 'em for what they have done. But gooshers, I don't think it compares to Assists because SSB's big thing.)

The more we keep on treating Assist Trophies as basically death sentences for our newcomer wishes, the more we forget that they're still there, in the actual GAME. The fact still is that they were still acknowledged over like, not even being mentioned more than just mere trophy. Or hell nothing (Vaati's not even in Brawl in any form). Sakurai and his team decided to go a mile further from that and make these guys be like "not playable yet they do something."

When you get over the fact that not everybody can be playable for sake of balance and consistency of it, you'll still realize that these guys will be joining any fight anytime, and in anycase, WILL ALWAYS be able of killing someone on their way in the style to their own. OP Pokeball Knockoffs perhaps but it's fun to watch Waluigi trample the opponents and then whack 'em out of the stage. And he's hella powerful while doin' so.

I know it might sound hard but, little bit more positivity guys. Assists might be deconfirming playable status but aside from that, I'm sure it's also that you get a shoutout which will last as much as the ones being the winners. Sakurai freaking
acknowledged these dudes, come on. They get to run around the stage and kick everyone's asses brutally without even worrying a thing! (Assuming A.I's better this time).

So hey, cheers for the guys that Sakurai found a way to add these fan favourites in the game without messing up the roster. I know it's a compensation, but from realistic and balancing measures, we gotta actually appreciate this guy going a way to still give a shoutout to these fanbases, without having to force himself on implementing them to the game fully when it''s flaws would outweigh the good (mostly fanbase pleased, game destroyed by imbalance, inconsistency and pointless development time that could be used for much else than just playables)

Perhaps Waluigi needed those words from Sakurai after all. He gotta realize he's actually in other game than a freaking Mario-spinoff. And in Smash Bros at that. I mean, Daisy's nothing more than a palette swap in these games and right now she seems more redundant than ever due Rosalina's presence in the main games.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
My wittle dreams are crushed! :sadeyes: R.I.P. Ashley and Saria...

Still hoping on: Ridley, Geno, Paper Mario, Vaati, the return of Mewtwo and maybe... just maybe... AMATERATSU from OKAMI :lol:

Who else is with me? :grin:

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Truth: As a company out to make a profit, they don't "owe" us anything.
Truth: As a customer, we don't have to buy what they are selling.
^ This!

Don't act entitled, just vote with your wallet by buying it if you want it, but not if you don't.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I never had high hopes for Waluigi, but it is sad when a popular character didn't quite make it.

Look on the bright side, though! Waluigi can still fight by your side.

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
I love Waluigi for being such an easy character to hate.

An Assist Trophy is right where he feels home.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
My condolences to Waluigi supporters.
I myself didn't exactly want Waluigi in that badly, but I'll respect those that do.
Hey, it's kind of like Viridi; they're in the game somehow! Let's think positive!

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, sorry guys about Waluigi... but today is THE DAY OF THE WAA!! WHERE IT'S WALUIGI TIME 24/7!!!

And on an unrelated note, we need to make this a REAL thing... who pledges to keep Waluigi in their hearts every Feb. 27th?

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
In the back of my head I always thought that the four plumbers would be playable in a Smash Bros game together. Especially after Wario got into Brawl. But like Young Horsetail said above, we have to be positive about this. He got acknowledged enough to be selected as an Assist, not once but twice. I'm glad he's in the game at all. Look at Daisy and Bowser Jr. thus far. A pallet swap and jack squat. At least he is being acknowledged. I mean I support Bubbles as playable, but I'm sure that won't happen, but if it gets in as an assist I will be ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom