• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At the moment, I've only placed Mother Brain in the "honorable mentions" section. APC99 can always determine where it should belong later.

D

Deleted member

Regarding Ridley, stage hazard Ridley will be the crappy MOM design, while the character will be MP/ZM/SM design.
Also, anyone think that the stage hazard from Samus' past is Kraid?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Im currently in testing, so I'll update it around Study Hall time, so about 90 minutes or so.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Guys, Mother Brain was my favorite character. Could we please not put her in the graveyard? Just because she is an AT doesn't mean she can't be playable later. You can't prove that she isn't going to be. Pls guys.
The graveyard is for characters deconfirmed for SSB4, it does not mean characters here can't be playable in future Smashes.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Mother Brain obviously deserves to be in Honorable Mentions and not in the graveyard with the characters with chances and popularity XD

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
RIP Mother Brain

Her huge brain couldn't figure out a way to be playable.

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Mother Brain seems like a pretty good choice for an assist trophy, she was pretty much immobile for most of the games she was in, her inclusion as an assist trophy is a good way for more Metroid representation.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
That's exactly who I'm talking about, and... how do we know she was dealt with, thanks to that corrupt official trying to hush things up. Do we know her combat potential?

D

Deleted member

I thought alot wanted Mother Brain...huh.
While Mother Brain is one of the first villains of the Metroid series, her fanbase and demand doesn't come close to Ridley's.

I love how Sakurai mentions that Mother Brain is massive. It's as if he knows what is going on…

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
While Mother Brain is one of the first villains of the Metroid series, her fanbase and demand doesn't come close to Ridley's.

I love how Sakurai mentions that Mother Brain is massive. It's as if he knows what is going on…
True, but I didn't mean by comparison. I mean, I thought her fan base was atleast bigger then Nintendog's. Why is he/she one of the most wanted disconfirmed?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
True, but I didn't mean by comparison. I mean, I thought her fan base was atleast bigger then Nintendog's. Why is he/she one of the most wanted disconfirmed?
The casuals, my friend. I'm the original OP of the Nintendogs Support Thread, and others followed in that footsteps, some more religiously than I. So, until I find the Mother Brain support thread and see the supporters, I'm going to put her as an honorable mention.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mother Brain never had much if any support, while she's a fan favorite villain of the Metroid franchise she's just not feasible as a playable character, and I'm sure most people realized that. She's at home in the honorable mentions section for sure.

andimidna

Smash Master
Mother Brain never had much if any support, while she's a fan favorite villain of the Metroid franchise she's just not feasible as a playable character, and I'm sure most people realized that. She's at home in the honorable mentions section for sure.
Luigi does bring up a good point though, she was a more popular pick than Nintendog.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Luigi does bring up a good point though, she was a more popular pick than Nintendog.
I'm fairly certain that the Nintendog thread was more popular than the Mother Brain thread. Heck, is there even a Mother Brain thread at all?

D

Deleted member

So I guess Skull Kid makes Majora impossible?

I thought Majora could've made a fun character.

andimidna

Smash Master
So I guess Skull Kid makes Majora impossible?

I thought Majora could've made a fun character.
Yea, he does, he's wearing Majora on his face.
I think he would have too.

I'm fairly certain that the Nintendog thread was more popular than the Mother Brain thread. Heck, is there even a Mother Brain thread at all?
Doesn't matter if there wasn't a Mother Brain thread on this one website.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Doesn't matter if there wasn't a Mother Brain thread on this one website.
Considering this is the biggest Smash site out there, and our only way of judging the popularity of certain characters, I'm fairly certain it matter. Even then I haven't heard anyone say they seriously want Mother Brain as a playable character in Smash in my 7 years participating in the Smash fanbase, though there's been some joking around with it. Mother Brain is a popular character in the Metroid franchise, but she has never had any sort of popularity or support to make it in as a playable character, and thus she's at home in the honorable mentions section.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
rip skull kid

may this experience only highten his chance in smash 5 and here's to a majora's mask 3D.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
My friend wanted her playable. So yeah put her in the graveyard along with skull kid. She does fit in that category with him

andimidna

Smash Master
How in the world would you make Mother Brain playable? She's literally a brain in a still capsule. :/

Her face is reacting to your comment perfectly

Sorry that this will be a double post, but I wanted this to appear as a separate idea and it's been a day. I don't want to wait anymore, I have a theory.

Okay, so we all hate it when people say Villager deconfirms Little Mac, right? Well, I think Villager might actually deconfirm somebody else from Punch Out.

As you can see, the Green and Red Boxing Gloves are separate. Going with the less iconic design may support Little Mac's chances, but hurt a Punch Out character with Red gloves.

Little Mac has green gloves, duh. Here's a pic anyways.

Who I thought of immediately was Glass Joe. Are there any other characters that fit the same description? It looks like he's being referenced through Villager, so maybe.

I don't know why, but they seem to be associating him with Punch Out without Little Mac references. Weird.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
With Little Mac being revealed, I really think Balloon Fighter should be resurrected from his grave. Villager has boxing gloves that look near identical to Little Mac's(besides the color), so by the logic of Balloon Fighter being disconfirmed, the same could've been said for Little Mac. If Villager has balloons, then Balloon Fighter can still have balloons, and can't really be disconfirmed.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Well I think its different. Villager has the same hat, 2 balloons and same hand gestures as Ballon Fighter. Its going to look wierd having 2 character probably having the exact same Up-B.

With Little Mac its different. Can't really explain why :S

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Well I think its different. Villager has the same hat, 2 balloons and same hand gestures as Ballon Fighter. Its going to look wierd having 2 character probably having the exact same Up-B.

With Little Mac its different. Can't really explain why :S
Yeah I see what you mean, I just don't think Balloon Fighter should be completely disconfirmed.

andimidna

Smash Master
With Little Mac being revealed, I really think Balloon Fighter should be resurrected from his grave. Villager has boxing gloves that look near identical to Little Mac's(besides the color), so by the logic of Balloon Fighter being disconfirmed, the same could've been said for Little Mac. If Villager has balloons, then Balloon Fighter can still have balloons, and can't really be disconfirmed.
Well, doesn't Villager actually have the same exact balloon design as balloon fighter, but red punching gloves with laces? I mean, it's balloon fighter's only thing. Little Mac had a lot going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom