• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Although Skull Kid has been deconfirmed, does his appearance make a DLC Skull Kid more likely? Sakurai said he wouldn't think about DLC until after the game is done.. what do you guys think?
I think you're trying too hard now and need to just let it go. ¦D

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...Wow, that legitimately made me feel bad. You're probably joking, but still, sheesh. I'm sorry. XD;
I meant it as a joke, but if you're being serious right now, I can see how you would take it that way. I mean, the guy the the Majora's Mask Avatar is getting emotional over one of his fav. character's broken chances, and you in your heartless comment broke him.

Now, THAT was just a joke. Don't worry about it Wave. It's not like the Moon's going to fall now that SK is not in the game. :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I meant it as a joke, but if you're being serious right now, I can see how you would take it that way. I mean, the guy the the Majora's Mask Avatar is getting emotional over one of his fav. character's broken chances, and you in your heartless comment broke me.

Now, THAT was just a joke. Don't worry about it Wave. It's not like the Moon's going to fall now that SK is not in the game. :)
But on the contrary, it's precisely because he's in the game as an AT that the Moon is going to fall.

Eh? Eh~? ¦D

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I honestly didn't have an opinion on Skull Kid, my only reason for wanting him was to drop the moon on my opponents. So, I actually still get to drop the moon, just with Skull Kid as my accomplice.

Toad's different, he's the one I had the most hope for. I'm indifferent now, I mean, Blue Toad would be a surprise to me, but I don't see Toad as too likely anymore.

Balloon Fighter, I have no idea. The argument's kind of dumb, but I put him in for the sake of everybody thinks he's lost. He's probably still got a fighting chance, as Villager also uses Little Mac's boxing gloves, yet I'll let you guys decide.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AU4ya0-ui-PFNiemsmc_FiTplFO55JRJsr-uh5xZJiQ/viewform

The new poll, asking about Toad, Balloon Fighter and Ridley. Please, have everybody you can take it!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
We are reaching about 30 votes so far, and I'd like to post an "in-progress" overview:

Balloon Fighter:

Disconfirmed: 19/26
Still possible: 6/26
Who's Balloon Fighter?: 1/26

Balloon Fighter may be a dead dream, according to us.

Toad:

Disconfirmed: 9/26
Still possible: 8/26
No opinion: 9/26

Apparently, people have no idea about what's going to happen, as the numbers are relatively close. The fanbase is almost split up, with disconfirmation leading by 1 point.

Ridley:

Disconfirmed: 1/26
Still possible: 23/26
Too big: 2/26

Obvious answer is obvious. Just trying to prove a point, so far we've got everybody thinking that Ridley still has a chance.

Remember, this isn't based off likelihood. This is based off if you think that the evidence proves they're disconfirmed.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ridley should be in a "missing" category. You know, like after a big disaster, there are a few bodies which are not yet found and then they're considered only presumably dead. Which could make his actual playability much more awesome.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I just voted. Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Toad still has a chance. Apparently, Toad just has a silent fanbase for the most part.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just voted. Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Toad still has a chance. Apparently, Toad just has a silent fanbase for the most part.
We are still in mourning...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
We're at the 50 mark! Time for an analysis!

\

So far, the analysis is:

Balloon Fighter is considered disconfirmed.
Ridley is considered still viable.
Toad is undecided, as nobody can make up their mind. It's basically split.

Once we hit around 100 votes, I'll officialize the results.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We're at the 50 mark! Time for an analysis!

\

So far, the analysis is:

Balloon Fighter is considered disconfirmed.
Ridley is considered still viable.
Toad is undecided, as nobody can make up their mind. It's basically split.

Once we hit around 100 votes, I'll officialize the results.
I'd organize the posts by the percentage of votes saying deconfirmed (stating the overall percentages for each option), starting with those which the community are most certain about being deconfirmed and going down from there.

We should do a poll for every character just for completions sake. Even Little Mac because of Villager's gloves. I know what the consensus is, but we should still do it.

If we decide to be completionists about this, what would the list be?

We have the three that we're currently voting on: Balloon Fighter, Toad, and Ridley...then who else? More specifically, is there anyone not mentioned in the thread?

Then again, I'm not the thread owner. That's just how I'd do it to avoid another incident of "deconfirming" a character that gets in.

Xigger

Smash Lord
WHOA. You don't go around putting up polls whether you think someone's dead or not- think of their loved ones and what they're going through! Mrs. Toadette and the lil' Toads can only take so much!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess you can add Kapp'n to the list.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If we can have Toon Link as a stage hazard/character we can have Toad as an attack.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If we can have Toon Link as a stage hazard/character we can have Toad as an attack.
Meh, I don't know. They're a species so I wouldn't care, but I really think Sakurai would've at least changed Peach's Toad with Toadsworth if he indeed decided to make Toad playable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meh, I don't know. They're a species so I wouldn't care, but I really think Sakurai would've at least changed Peach's Toad with Toadsworth if he indeed decided to make Toad playable.

I woulda thought he woulda kept TLink off the damned stage like any normal person would

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I woulda thought he woulda kept TLink off the damned stage like any normal person would
Maybe he removed him, we don't know. They're two different Links though from what I've heard (never played Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass was just too bad for a Zelda title).

D

Deleted member

We should do a poll for every character just for completions sake. Even Little Mac because of Villager's gloves. I know what the consensus is, but we should still do it.
OK, just a small little rant, I don't think that those are Little Mac's gloves. Yes, the Villager is using boxing gloves and Punch Out!! was an unlockable game in Animal Crossing, but I don't find those boxing gloves to be a direct reference to Punch Out!! nor Little Mac. I would think that it would be if those boxing gloves were the color green, just like Little Mac's. Yes, Little Mac has other colors of boxing gloves, but he is most well-known for having green boxing gloves.

Sorry, I just want to get that off my chest. The bottom line is that I don't find the boxing gloves to disconfirm Little Mac and the consensus is that he is going to appear in the game in some form (most likely playable).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
OK, just a small little rant, I don't think that those are Little Mac's gloves. Yes, the Villager is using boxing gloves and Punch Out!! was an unlockable game in Animal Crossing, but I don't find those boxing gloves to be a direct reference to Punch Out!! nor Little Mac. I would think that it would be if those boxing gloves were the color green, just like Little Mac's. Yes, Little Mac has other colors of boxing gloves, but he is most well-known for having green boxing gloves.

Sorry, I just want to get that off my chest. The bottom line is that I don't find the boxing gloves to disconfirm Little Mac and the consensus is that he is going to appear in the game in some form (most likely playable).
Actually whilst it's being discussed:

I haven't played a heck of a lot Animal Crossing, just a bit on the DS and the Gamecube versions; is there a reason Villager has boxing gloves in particular?

I don't think the gloves disconfirm Little Mac either, but I was trying to work out why Villager used them. Are they a collectable in game?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@YoshiandToad (the "Reply" button somehow doesn't work for me...)

As for the boxing gloves, I personnally never saw any of them in any the Animal Crossing games, asides from Punch-Out being one of the many NES games playable in the original Animal Crossing.

Given that the Villager also uses a Bowling Ball, I think the boxing gloves are more a nod to Wii Sports than to Punch-Out.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Maybe he removed him, we don't know. They're two different Links though from what I've heard (never played Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass was just too bad for a Zelda title).
Spirit Tracks was better than Phantom Hourglass, at least in my opinion. Some people like to ***** about the train, but they need to get over it.

On topic, the Villager's balloons are a clear reference to Balloon Fight; were Balloon Fighter playable, I think the Villager would have a different recovery than something that would be constantly attached to the Balloon Fighter.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
100 votes! 100 votes! YAY!

I'm adding them up right now, any other votes are considered extra, but have no effect unless it beats the previous choice by 5.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Someone's been spamming. I can tell. There is no logical explanation for 3 "Ridley's Too Big" answers in a row.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, so, I've averaged it out (not including spammed answers, dirty punks), and here's the results I got:

Balloon Fighter belongs in the Graveyard.
Toad is NOT disconfirmed, due to the very close votes, I'm putting him in "The Morgue", where we don't know if he's dead yet.
Ridley is obviously still living and kicking strong.

Thank you to all who voted, I will be taking down the polls soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poor Kapp'n. He never stood a chance, but still. Poor Kapp'n. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't Viridi from Kid Icarus also be added to the list of disconfirmed characters? It's not like she had a big chance, but she is still disconfirmed nonetheless as Sakurai stated the events of the Kid Icarus stage are caused by her and her Reset Bombs.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Shouldn't Viridi from Kid Icarus also be added to the list of disconfirmed characters? It's not like she had a big chance, but she is still disconfirmed nonetheless as Sakurai stated the events of the Kid Icarus stage are caused by her and her Reset Bombs.

I might hold back on that one, as there's no imagery of her quite yet. But, I'll add her to the honorable mentions anyway.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm here to pay my respects to skull kid, kapp'n and balloon fighter.

There were cool characters, but sadly were killed in sakurai's great war.

*lays down rose*

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Don't feel bad, BluePikmin11, the Nintendog AT shown in today's pic was a different breed than the one in Brawl.

I'm sure the Labrador Retriever still has a chance as a playable character. :troll:

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom