• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do agree with having Nintendog as in a "Toad"-like state, since there are so many breeds of Nintendog (although I never was expecting Nintendog to be playable).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For the love of God guys, you truly have some grieving issues.
Let them go, come on.
Toad and the ****ING DOGS won't be playable. Get over it already.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Let them go, come on.
Toad and the NintenDogs won't be playable

There's too much debate for me to claim them as dead. Even though there is no chance that Nintendog will be playable, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE that it's disconfirmed. Same with Toad. I think he's probably not going to join the fight, yet there's still a lot of support and belief. So, they're not dead yet. Not trying to piss you off, just doing my job.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Let them go, come on.

I get what you're saying, but it's like Philosophy:

Can you prove the sun will rise tomorow? Although it seems fairly obvious that is will, and you can believe it, it can still be false and can happen because we just do not know for certain. Kinda the same thing (although mine is an extreme example), we kind of know they won't be in the game as playable but there is that speck of chance they are. So, to be professional, I guess APC99 is just using consensus and validity.

On the same basis however we could say Toon Link won't be in the game, but I'll try and keep my own example from shooting me in the foot.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I get what you're saying, but it's like Philosophy:

Can you prove the sun will rise tomorow? Although it seems fairly obvious that is will, and you can believe it, it can still be false and can happen because we just do not know for certain. Kinda the same thing (although mine is an extreme example), we kind of know they won't be in the game as playable but there is that speck of chance they are. So, to be professional, I guess APC99 is just using consensus and validity.

On the same basis however we could say Toon Link won't be in the game, but I'll try and keep my own example from shooting me in the foot.
I'm not against APC99. I'm against no-one to be honest.
I just find pretty laughable that someone would care enough to come up and say "We'll there's still a chance a LABRADOR will be playable.".
I get Toad, kinda... But a dog. A ****ing dog. Come on, let it go.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I'm not against APC99. I'm against no-one to be honest.
I just find pretty laughable that someone would care enough to come up and say "We'll there's still a chance a LABRADOR will be playable.".
I get Toad, kinda... But a dog. A ****ing dog. Come on, let it go.

But Labrador have a real chance to be playable, today more than ever :awesome:

D

Deleted member

He should have had his cat be the Assist.

I mean, who wouldn't be going DAAAAW WOOK AT THE WITTLE KITTY if they saw this pawing at the screen?

Speaking of his cat, did he ever say what its name was?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No one was expecting Wii Fit Trainer either.
To be fair, the idea of Nintendog was first brought up around here after Wii Fit Trianer was revealed, it's very unlikely we'll be getting anymore WTF newcomers, and Nintendog is also a far less viable character than Wii Fit Trainer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you'd bothered to read the moveset in the Nintendog thread you'd see a solution to that.
PETA being the stupid people they are, would probably frown upon a puppy being a fighter. Regardless, of how it was implemented.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Nintendog isn't a character though ... it's a dog.

It doesn't represent Nintendo, it represents a species of animals in real life. It's not cartooney, but extremely realistic. I'm surprised Sakurai warranted them as important enough to be Assist Trophies and that's probably all the recognition they'll get. They did propel DS sales in the early days of the handheld to target younger kids but it is far from a worthy IP to be represented in Smash as a fighter. I feel this goes without saying but it will not be a playable character.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nintendog isn't a character though ... it's a dog.

It doesn't represent Nintendo, it represents a species of animals in real life. It's not cartooney, but extremely realistic. I'm surprised Sakurai warranted them as important enough to be Assist Trophies and that's probably all the recognition they'll get. They did propel DS sales in the early days of the handheld to target younger kids but it is far from a worthy IP to be represented in Smash as a fighter. I feel this goes without saying but it will not be a playable character.
all the recognition they'll get
Forget about this?:

And if it doesn't represent Nintendo, why is it in Smash?
Whay is Nintendo part of it's name?
HMMMMM????

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Forget about this?:

And if it doesn't represent Nintendo, why is it in Smash?
Whay is Nintendo part of it's name?
HMMMMM????

Oh crap my bad, tooootally forgot about that stage, sorry it's late lol.

Well like I said, it was a very high selling game during the early days of the DS. As Sakurai said, he'd represent the 3DS title with stages from portable games. So a stage isn't too mind boggling, , just like how I expect a Brain Age stage. Look it up, I believe Nintendogs is up there with New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart DS. I just think this is as far as itll go and doubt seeing them as a character for a number of reasons.

A) they are far from iconic characters, but they helped the DS in it's first little charge
B) They are dogs! They don't bring too much interest to the table in terms of uniqueness and moveset. I know there is one of the thread, but it's really stretching it. They aren't naturally unique like Paper Mario or Pit are.

I feel like they'll only be warranted a stage. If Nintendogs stayed relevant for longer than it did then there chance may have been greater.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why do you waste time in this subject lol?
Everyone with a brain and a little common sense knows it to be right anyway.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
So someone actually thought Nintendog would be a playable character? You really got too much time guys...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I created the support thread, yes, but I didn't in anyway believe that Nintendog would get in. It was mostly based on the "Villager and Nintendog can't fight" statement from Brawl's development.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
What would the Nintendog's moveset even be?
Like, tossing frisbees at people?
And seeing the Dog jumping / double jumping would be severley awkward.
Plus, you're wasting a valuable character slot that could've been Ridley, or K Rool, or Dixie, or Lil Mac!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For the last time, no one was expecting Nintendog to be playable, nor did anyone think it had a very good chance of getting in. (well, BluePikmin11 might have thought it had a good chance. That's it though)

As for potential, I do think the Nintendog never really had much. Also, I'm certain it would be a rather awkward charcter in some regards no matter what would be done to it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nintendog isn't iconic to Nintendo as such, because they're... well, just dogs. They look exactly like real life dogs, just with a fancy name to rep Nintendo. Saying that a Nintendog is iconic to Nintendo is basically saying that a real life puppy is iconic to Nintendo too, there's nothing distinct about them in terms of looks to really make them stand out. The Nintendogs series is iconic for sure, but the dogs themselves aren't, and thus it's absolutely fine that the franchise is limited to ATs and stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom