• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This will either be entertaining, traumatic or both as things are starting to heat up.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This will either be entertaining, traumatic or both as things are starting to heat up.

I'm hoping that this thread will have some nice memorial services, there's a lot of fans who deserve their dreams to be laid to rest until SSB5, where we can jump-start them.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hopefully people will get that this thread isn't really for just raging at how (Insert DCed character here) got deconfirmed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hopefully people will get that this thread isn't really for just raging at how (Insert DCed character here) got deconfirmed.

I'm going to certainly shut anything down about buttsore people whining about "ih, Skull Kid is too good for this! This is why Nintendo's gay!" or even "Skull Kid iz too full of ass 2 be playable character. All supporters should be dead."

I DESPISE these kind of people.

It doesn't help that I'm having a horrid day and my life's crumbling on me.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm going to certainly shut anything down about buttsore people whining about "ih, Skull Kid is too good for this! This is why Nintendo's gay!" or even "Skull Kid iz too full of *** 2 be playable character. All supporters should be dead."

I DESPISE these kind of people.

It doesn't help that I'm having a horrid day and my life's crumbling on me.
You'll make it through. What ever is going on it'll pass and you'll make it through.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You'll make it through. What ever is going on it'll pass and you'll make it through.

Yeah, thanks. I don't even know, just one second, mom comes home, turns out she was in hospital for 4 1/2 hours and didn't tell me, parents aren't happy with my current GPA (which is over 3.0), missed out on hanging with friends tonight, problems with everything, I just want to relax, but I can't. And it's bringing me down when I talk about Smash, I'm beginning to think every character I want won't happen, I just need something to cheer me up. Even freaking Disney movies aren't helping.

Back on topic, now discuss about Toad, Balloon Fighter and Skull Kid!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Stickied. Nice!

I'm sure this thread will prove to be useful enough to qualify to be stickied.

Though I believe the term is "disconfirm" not "deconfirm".

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stickied?

Lovely!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter is not deconfirmed at all, is just an assumption.
Same with toad, but i can understand.

With that said, that "graveyard symbology" is disgusting...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least toad and skull kid are in the game in some form, they arent really dead, and i actually like how they are represented...
Think of it as a wake then.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Fortunately for Toon Link, it was his grandson who left on the train and not the awesome Hero of Winds himself. He will fight for another game(s)! ;)

Gosh saying that sounds cruel, gotta edit my post.... :T

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
At least toad and skull kid are in the game in some form, they arent really dead, and i actually like how they are represented...

Of course they're not dead....but I gathered this graveyard is for the death of the possibility of them being playable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yep, we're now at the point in a Smash Bros game development cycle where people are revealed to have gotten the axe. (Hector confirmed!) Random question: what do you think the chances are of cut characters being made into Assist Trophies? For example, if Ike was cut, do you think they might have him as an AT or do you think that would be twisting the knife for his fans?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yep, we're now at the point in a Smash Bros game development cycle where people are revealed to have gotten the axe. (Hector confirmed!) Random question: what do you think the chances are of cut characters being made into Assist Trophies? For example, if Ike was cut, do you think they might have him as an AT or do you think that would be twisting the knife for his fans?

No, if Brawl was any indication they'd start off hoping to do all the veterans but then cut some as time ran out. There'd be no time to make them into assist trophies. The only reason Pichu and Mewtwo got trophies is because they had existing models from every 3D pokemon game ever. (Thank god they finally updated them for X/Y)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Of course they're not dead....but I gathered this graveyard is for the death of the possibility of them being playable.
i know, i just dont like it, toad is freaking awesome as a B move no matter how many times people say he is not :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Congrats with this being stickied

I just hope little mac nor ridley end up here (little mac can still be a assist trophy) (and ridley.....well you can imagen why he could end up here but he still has extreme high chance and hope of being playable)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes it should probably be stickied.

Also, Guybrush has made a biggish list on Smash 4 Speculation Chart.

Here's that list

I tried to do that a while back in another thread and I got locked in seconds.

The list so far
Skull Kid
Wii Balance Board
Any Background AC characters (which doesn't include Tom Nook oddly)
Yellow Devil
Dark Emperor
Xerneas
Specifically the red capped, blue jacket Toad
Lubba

Balloon Fighter

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Random question: what do you think the chances are of cut characters being made into Assist Trophies? For example, if Ike was cut, do you think they might have him as an AT or do you think that would be twisting the knife for his fans?
None.

Also it's a really ******** idea.

D

Deleted member

Random question: what do you think the chances are of cut characters being made into Assist Trophies? For example, if Ike was cut, do you think they might have him as an AT or do you think that would be twisting the knife for his fans?
I don't think that such idea would never be considered. Why make them playable in the previous game just to make them an Assist Trophy in the next game? It seems like a slap in the face if you ask me and a fate worse than getting cut in my opinion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've improved the primary post's formatting. I also added Xerneas onto the list, as it's pretty obvious that it's not playable at this point in time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
There should be an empty grave and a shovel next to a Toon Link tomb stone.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Come to think of it, shouldn't we include Conductor Link as well?

Cause he's a separate character from the playable (Hero of Winds) Toon Link after all.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
...People actually need confirmation that Xerneas isn't going to be playable?

EDIT: NVM I just realized there's a designated "honorable mentions" section... carry on

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Great idea for a thread!

Anyway, I'm here to pay my respects to Skull Kid...

REST IN ETERNAL PEACE BUDDY!

*Runs away crying*

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've improved the primary post's formatting. I also added Xerneas onto the list, as it's pretty obvious that it's not playable at this point in time.

Thanks, I noticed just now! I'll also be adding most of the characters from Guybrush's list to the Honorable Mentions, as well as Conductor Link, as he and Toon Link are separate characters.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Thanks for posting my image! XD
I will update it with the time,if the next tomb is for Bandana Dee,something terrible will happen...

D

Deleted member

It's disconfirmation, not deconfirmation. Just wanted to point that out.

Anyway, I have come here to pay respect to Toad. It is a shame that a deserving character like him will never get an opportunity to become playable. As such I symphatsize with all Toad supporters.

*lay down a rose for Toad and leaves*

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Given Ike's popularity I doubt he would be turned into an AT if they decided to cut him for some reason. There would definitely be some pretty bad backlash from Smash fans if he became an Assist Trophy.

For some characters I think it's slightly more likely that'd they could become Assist Trophies, but in my opinion the chances for any cut character to be turned into an AT is so low that I fully doubt any cuts being turned into ATs.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know, I think cut characters being turned into ATs would sting a lot less than being made into trophies (bad) or stickers (even worse). At least they're being recognized as being important in some form.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This place is gonna be a great gathering place for so many tears and butthurt and I am so gonna enjoy watching every bit of it in the background. ¦D

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This place is gonna be a great gathering place for so many tears and butthurt and I am so gonna enjoy watching every bit of it in the background. ¦D

I know for a fact that I, the Grave Keeper, will probably begin an endless rage of laughter once Bowser Junior or Rosalina's graves are dug.

Actually, can I be referred to as Dampe in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom