• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Here's some sad and fitting music for this thread:
With Assist Trophies getting revealed, things will probably get more sad. People's dreams will be crushed, hearts will be broken, and tears will be shed as some of our favorite characters might not make the cut.
Found some more:

Theme Of Love
N's Farewell

I don't want to say goodbye

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know if this thread is that good of an idea. I believe there was one for Pre-Brawl that had ROB up when we saw them as Subspace enemies: And look what happened there.

I also believe Ness was also up on a Pre-Brawl "Graveyard" thread after the "up until now" debacle started. And again, look what happened there.

Granted the three up there now are most likely not playable. But this thread could still end up jumping to conclusions.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't know if this thread is that good of an idea. I believe there was one for Pre-Brawl that had ROB up when we saw them as Subspace enemies: And look what happened there.

I also believe Ness was also up on a Pre-Brawl "Graveyard" thread after the "up until now" debacle started. And again, look what happened there.

Granted the three up there now are most likely not playable. But this thread could still end up jumping to conclusions.

Relax, I've stated in both Toad and Balloon Fighter's memorials that there's still chances they won't be playable. Characters where there's many of them, like R.O.B. and Toad, aren't going to immediately mean they're dead. I'm a huge Toad supporter, but the fact that Sakurai still hasn't changed the Toad move made me put him in for right now.

As for Ness, it's basically the pre-Brawl equivalent of the Ridley Pyrosphere debate.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know for a fact that I, the Grave Keeper, will probably begin an endless rage of laughter once Bowser Junior or Rosalina's graves are dug.

Actually, can I be referred to as Dampe in this thread?

Looking forward to that day... :troll:

As for Ness, it's basically the pre-Brawl equivalent of the Ridley Pyrosphere debate.
So what are people saying about that? I usually stay away from the strange Ridley thread...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So what are people saying about that? I usually stay away from the strange Ridley thread...

I mean, like Ness, one piece of information seemed to cause a huge freaking outbreak, thinking that because Sakurai "mentioned" Ridley, he was disconfirmed and was a stage hazard.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I mean, like Ness, one piece of information seemed to cause a huge freaking outbreak, thinking that because Sakurai "mentioned" Ridley, he was disconfirmed and was a stage hazard.
Ah, I get it. Thanks.

What's the popular opinion now? Stage Hazard or Character?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Toad would rise from the dead (read: confirmed to be a newcomer)... maybe he needs to be buried at the pet sematary? :dizzy:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe the fanboy tears will water all those flowers Waddle Dee places on the graves? :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I personally think Toad is going to end up being the "R.O.B." in that sense. Because, honestly, the assumption that he's been deconfirmed is kinda stupid when you realize that there are red-capped blue-vested toads that perform multiple roles even in Melee, and also when you realize that the blue Toad is perfectly viable.

Morbi

Scavenger
I will be returning here to pay my respects once Rosalina and Cranky Kong are confirmed not playable.

RIP Skull Kid, it was inevitable; however, you weren't the character Smash needed... you were the character Smash deserved. I will miss you!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone actually expects him as anything besides an assist trophy. And, if he is one, then I imagine the reaction would be primarily positive.
I dunno that's how I felt about Skull Kid(though I guess he was fairly well received).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So, uh, Steel Diver deconfirmed? Was anyone actually expecting it to be a fighter?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This shouldn't be stickied if he's going to out not-confirmed stuff in such a deceiving way.
Not that I think either toad or balloon fighter will be in, but it's very, very misleading.

D

Deleted member

So, uh, Steel Diver deconfirmed? Was anyone actually expecting it to be a fighter?
No. I don't think that anyone would think that Steel Diver would get any content. I certainly didn't see that coming.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This shouldn't be stickied if he's going to out not-confirmed stuff in such a deceiving way.
Not that I think either toad or balloon fighter will be in, but it's very, very misleading.

I've put that they might not be disconfirmed. I'm personally still hoping for Toad, but most people have given up on Toad and Balloon Fighter, and I'm not trying to be misleading.

Lets add Lubba and the Blue Shark. (The submarine used for the Steel Diver item) :troll:

I'm not sure, I honestly don't think we know enough yet to disconfirm my new main yet :troll:.

In all seriousness, I'll add Lubba and the Blue Shark to the list later.

So, was anybody really wanting a Steel Diver character?

No?

Well, time to hold a small memorial for the Blue Shark. May it launch torpedos into the hearts of millions.

Now, let us dance in his honor!​

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I've put that they might not be disconfirmed. I'm personally still hoping for Toad, but most people have given up on Toad and Balloon Fighter, and I'm not trying to be misleading.
Yeah, but you have them right up next to skull kid, who is 100% deconfirmed. maybe make another section for speculation, to avoid confusion?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe we can take a vote on the status of questionable characters (Toad being the prime example) and have a percentage of users who consider the characters confirmed vs. the people who consider them deconfirmed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Today's picture literally killed Mega Man's shield. R.I.P until next time L or R is pressed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Maybe we can take a vote on the status of questionable characters (Toad being the prime example) and have a percentage of users who consider the characters confirmed vs. the people who consider them deconfirmed.

I like that idea. I'll have it up tonight, on this page and on the front page.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And for characters that are shaky but not deconfirmed totally we can but them in a morgue category.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Although Skull Kid has been deconfirmed, does his appearance make a DLC Skull Kid more likely? Sakurai said he wouldn't think about DLC until after the game is done.. what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom