• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The final character is revealed: Wolf

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
this photo is fake how can you belive in it,wolf is in but it's not the brawl wolf in that photo

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
you totally right man
Ok, so instead of blasters, what should Falco and Wolf use?

I mean, jeez people. Some things are just universal within franchises. I can't think of much else that would be balanced for them to use for neutral B. Some repeated specials are ok if they're slightly modified. Let Falco's be fast dual wielding, as he holds 2 in SSE movies. Let Wolf's be heavier and more damaging. But at the end of the day, it's Luigified, and it's a freaking blaster. There's not much you can do to change them.

All we know is their Final Smashes. No...all we know for certain is Falco's.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, but the same argument can't be used for Ganon :p

I admit he might have been kept similar to Falcon to please the old Ganondorf users, but Ganondorf isn't related to Captain Falcon at all... it is a bit weird.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait wait wait.

First we have:

Originally Posted by suzuki brawl View Post
your going to see ,there's no wolf in this game
Now we have:

this photo is fake how can you belive in it,wolf is in but it's not the brawl wolf in that photo
So now Wolf's in?

What changed in the past hour or two?

Yeah, but the same argument can't be used for Ganon :p
Course not. Of course, at least Ganon has his own FS. :/
We'll need to see what his actual moveset is. From the looks of things, his Up B isn't Falcon's hump thingy, but he instead does an upward knee sort of thing.

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
I lol at people who get pissed at clones....especially Fox and Falco....I mean, in their respective game series, Star Fox, the characters never got out of their arwings until Star Fox Adventures, which was made after SSBM....and even to this day, most characters have not stood on land for long periods of time....can you guys think of interesting and different moves that will impress players that are different from Fox and Falco and perhaps Wolf that also pertain to their game series, Star Fox.....I mean, I think Falco should be able to have laser eyebeams like Kano from MK or Cyclops from X-Men....but that has nothing to do with Star Fox....perhaps Wolf could breath fire...but I guess that would make him a clone of Bowser?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Those are fake.
Wolf's head isn't properly aligned to his body, and the Landmaster picture I'm pretty sure is just a really good photoshop of the one that had Falco.

Nah, I dont think someone would have designed that great model in the first pic, just to fool us. Denial of him being in, is like denail of ROB being in.

He was the last one on the 35 character roster. THe whole roster minus him as been confirmed thusfar. Hes in.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You CAN'T hate the game for the roster, you can be disappointed, everyone' a bit disappointed, but it doesn't change the fact that some of us will be playing this game nearly every day for the next 6 years, and loving every moment.
IM NOT DISAPPOINTED! I actually like the roster. I LIKE that Falco's still a clone(thats how I learned him, thats how I like him) I LIKE R.O.B. as a character(I didn't at first, but he's just too **** funny) Why so much hate on the roster? For all we know, its not even complete yet. Think about how long it took to get G&W in Melee? It could be the same for Brawl. Also, whats the big deal with clones? The fact that the animations are similar doesn't make them the same character >_> You can never say Melee Marth and Melee Roy(not that I think there's gonna be Brawl Roy, but still) are exactly the same just cus they have the same animations. Seriously, you can only be disappointed by the roster if all the new characters suck. Then you can be disappointed. But right now, we haven't even gotten our hands on the game, we just have some pictures and a few vids. Im sure once we actually get the game, everyone will love it, everyone will love the characters and, like SuperLink said, we will be playing it every day for the next 6 years.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'll admit now too, it's grown on me, I like the roster. I wasn't expecting a huge surprise like Isaac, this is the perfected form of Melee, all clones are Luigified, not exactly the same, the models look awesome, and everyone is a little bit different, less clones than in Melee too.

I just saw some of Lucario gameplay vids, and I have to say, they did a hell of a good job sort of making him a Mewtwo clone, but getting away without making him look like a psychic Pokémon who's not. Of course I'm still a little teeved about Mewtwo, but so what? He might make a triumphant comeback in SSB4, and Lucario is the perfect Pokémon for a Smash Bros game, hands down. Not to mention the starter roster is made of COMPLETE WIN.

I'm actually feeling quite happy about this now. If Wolf is a Snake clone I won't mind, of course I'd love if he had an original moveset, but I'm not ecstatic for 2 Fox "clones".

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I'll admit now too, it's grown on me, I like the roster. I wasn't expecting a huge surprise like Isaac, this is the perfected form of Melee, all clones are Luigified, not exactly the same, the models look awesome, and everyone is a little bit different, less clones than in Melee too.

I just saw some of Lucario gameplay vids, and I have to say, they did a hell of a good job sort of making him a Mewtwo clone, but getting away without making him look like a psychic Pokémon who's not. Of course I'm still a little teeved about Mewtwo, but so what? He might make a triumphant comeback in SSB4, and Lucario is the perfect Pokémon for a Smash Bros game, hands down. Not to mention the starter roster is made of COMPLETE WIN.

I'm actually feeling quite happy about this now. If Wolf is a Snake clone I won't mind, of course I'd love if he had an original moveset, but I'm not ecstatic for 2 Fox "clones".
He is nothing like Mewtwo...only close thing is his Aura Sphere attack. He doesnt move like Mewtwo at all and his attacks are way more physical

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
He is nothing like Mewtwo...only close thing is his Aura Sphere attack. He doesnt move like Mewtwo at all and his attacks are way more physical
Serebii, what about his Fsmash and Nair?

Lucario is most certainly not a clone, but these two moves ARE very similar to Mewtwo's old attacks.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
How can there be only 35, I saw a rooster which was missing chars that had 33 so far and was full, so since theres four rows then the numbers of Chars left to unlock has to be a multiple of 4,

Charoo

Smash Champion
off topic but would you say that his FS is focus blast? Also, I hope close combat is in one of his moveset.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I have noticed some similarities between Lucario and Mewtwo, but they're very slight. It could just be coincidence, or Lucario is just a "perfected Mewtwo" moveset, with more physical attacks.

In any case, after seeing footage of Lucario, I'm not as upset about Mewtwo as I was before.

EDIT: There are 35 characters. 36 is a multiple of 4, and there's the Random box.

35 :p

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
I lol at people who get pissed at clones....especially Fox and Falco....I mean, in their respective game series, Star Fox, the characters never got out of their arwings until Star Fox Adventures, which was made after SSBM....and even to this day, most characters have not stood on land for long periods of time....can you guys think of interesting and different moves that will impress players that are different from Fox and Falco and perhaps Wolf that also pertain to their game series, Star Fox.....I mean, I think Falco should be able to have laser eyebeams like Kano from MK or Cyclops from X-Men....but that has nothing to do with Star Fox....perhaps Wolf could breath fire...but I guess that would make him a clone of Bowser?
That's why they should have put KRYSTAL instead of Wolf in the first place

Sirami

Smash Cadet
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6840/1201682173878dy2.jpg

Anybody else notice the lack of coins in this pic?

I'm not saying it's fake. I'm just saying that it could be.

If it is, the head is from starfox assult (probably multiplayer) and the body would be a heavily modified Fox from Brawl.

If it's a fake, it is a **** good one. I'm not saying that it is; I'm just saying that it could be.

Only reason I'm raising an eyebrow is the lack of coins, and the lack of other pics that any sensible person would take (in game shots, roster select screen).

Shuma

Smash Hero
That means nothing, if it had coins it would still be able to photoshop it(it's NOT a photoshop).

Point is, that the lack of coins means nothing.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I think its Hyper Beam, I mean, Dragon Pulse is a pulse, and focus blast is another ball..

And I really hope Falco dual wields his blasters, remember, SSE pic means nothing, Diddy usses 2 pop guns in his SSE intro, but in gameplay he uses 1, when he gets the Smashball he uses 2.

mafesto

Smash Apprentice
I also hope Falco will have double blasters. But the probability of Wolf geting in (therefore 2 Fox clones) is very low.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Okay. I AM OFFICIALLY PISSED OFF NOW!!!

What the hell were they thinking?!?!

I like Wolf being in... But for CHRIST sakes, GIVE HIM SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Jesus...

Okay. Got that out of my system. But that's just the most laziest ****ing thing I've ever seen. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. What a bunch of bull****.
That was...actually my exact same reaction on Gamefaqs (I hate Gamefaqs, but since these forums barely work anymore, and Brawl Central is down seemingly for good, Gamefaqs was sadly my only source for info).

Cool Shark from Gamefaqs said:
Okay...I was all for Wolf...but WTF?! Landmaster? Wolf could of had an *** load of different movesets, and even one or two different final smashes! WTF WAS THAT IDIOT SAKURAI THINKING?! GOD **** IT!

Okay I'm done with my rant. Bottom line, glad Wolf is in, super pissed he's an exact clone. When the hell did he steal the Landmaster and repaint it?

mafesto

Smash Apprentice
Got any evidence for that or is your spidey-sense tingling

There isnt any concrete proof saying its fake yet...
Well first of all the Landmaster is the same as Fox's and second there are pics (dont have the links) of a pic with the exact same time and the characters in the exact same place with. The only difference is that Fox's pic has been replaced with Wolf's

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Totally FAKE!!
Just because somebody, like me, points out that it could theoretically be a fake, and points out how it could have been done, that doesn't mean that it is one.

If it is, it's extremely well done.

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Well first of all the Landmaster is the same as Fox's and second there are pics (dont have the links) of a pic with the exact same time and the characters in the exact same place with. The only difference is that Fox's pic has been replaced with Wolf's
Ehh, I haven't seen that comparison pic, but I have seen a vid where the landmaster was in that exact spot, with Wario in the same spot too. I tried looking for the vid again, but I can't find it. That's not the pic that's got me thinking anyway. It's the other one that's either really good, or real.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So my theory about Wolf being a Fox clone was right. Wow... so let me get this straight:

-Toon/Young Link is still a clone of Link.
-Falco is still a clone of Fox.
-Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon.
-Wolf is a clone of Fox.
-Lucario is a semi-clone of Mewtwo.
-Lucas is a semi-clone of Ness.
-Luigi is still a semi-clone of Mario.

7 characters that fall into the category of clone characters, just like in Melee. Wow, way to listen to the fans, Sakurai...

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Please provide that picture

-Wolf is a clone of Fox.
We don't know that. Dont forget that some people who leaked stuff and havent given anything wrong yet claimed Wolf uses a Rocket Launcher in some form. You cant tell just from the Final Smash...there are many which do the exact same thing. All the horizontal energy beams pushing people...Pikachu's & Sonic's work the same way and so forth

-Lucario is a semi-clone of Mewtwo.
Again...no he isnt...AT ALL

Top Bottom