• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The final character is revealed: Wolf

soulz

Smash Cadet
Didn't anyone see that "completed" picture?
I thought it signified that all characters have been unlocked, (actually said too), well i can't read japanese but other people can.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
The roster isn't a crumb. It's the whole top layer! With the icing on top! Or in this case a great big pile of threeclonedcharacters/10. You can't tell me that's not lazy. If they have 5 random clones, two of them for the same character, why not 10 more? Being back Pichu, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Roy while we're at it! Ths game will rock, but it will not rock my socks.
I understand. Smash is about taking a wide variety of characters and telling one story and making a cohesive ans whole experience with them. I won't disagree with anyone who says that, "The characters ARE 'Smash'". The characters (who they are and how the perform) define the game.

Sure, Brawl may have been better if someone was axed, in order to make room for someone else. That would be a some what of a good excuse if Brawl was a leaner game, in regards to content. There is just so much stuff you can do, that really, you shouldn't care that ONE character you wanted didn't make it.

Personally, I REALLY wanted Knuckles and Dr. Robotnik (I hate calling him Eggman) and Mega Man and Zero in there. Yeah, I am a little sad, but I doesn't make me shout and scream, calling Sakurai and his team lazy. Nope, not one bit. I really appreciate developers doing all they can to make their fans happy, and doing what needs to be done in order to make a truly well polsihed game. Brawl IS that game and Sakurai-san and his team ARE those developers.

And who knows, maybe there were some deeper reasons as to why certain characters didn't make the cut. Maybe there were some deals that just didn't go through (hey its lame, but this IS a business), or legal stuff that would make certain appearances impossible.

As good as Brawl is, you cannot expect it to be 100% flawless. I think expectations were way too high. The only ones to really blame are yourselves. My hype for this game was insanely high. Brawl is the second most wanted game this entire genertion (Gears of War on Xbox 360 being number one). However, I realize that may not get everything that I want. I am able to see passed what may not be considered "so great" and appreciate the good.

Again, the characters ARE Smash. The roster is mostly good. Brawl has more characters than Melee, yet it has FEWER clones. Just think about it in those terms, and hopefully a lot of will realize how silly you sound right now....

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why anyone is mad. At least Sakurai managed to give Wolf a different kind of Landmaster: A red one. He is obviously Luigified.

At least we have other awesome features, like Stage Builder and SSE. Even online for Christ sakes! Stop being so high and mighty flaming someone who clearly made a great game.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, oh wow.

Someone took the picture I posted on /v/ and posted it here.

You might as well copy what I typed up there too:

B - Blaster. Less range fires slower than fox and falco, but looks stronger.
Forward B - Same as Fox and Falco's shadow fox dash thing. Only Wolf's goes slightly upwards too. At about a 25 degree angle.
Down B - Reflector
Up B - Like Firefox, only it doesn't really charge, goes really high though. Maybe it only goes up?

That's from what I saw anyway.

Sorry about the poor image quality, I was watching at 200% screen size :)
Sorry if I didn't give you credit. I actually got it from NeoGaf :)

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
yeah but it has two clones of the same person....with the same final smash

i think thats whats hurtin everyone

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I didn't give you credit. I actually got it from NeoGaf :)
No worries, it's not like I expected it and I'm anonymous on 4chan's /v/ anyway, so you couldn't have known. Don't really need the credit either, I was just shocked people actually copied and pasted what I said on /v/.

Was the person at Neogaf claiming that this was there's by any chance? Just curious.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
wolf is cool but why the same final smash?
then again, it might have different effects :)
yeah it doesnt...

thats what disapoints me, not that he has similar moves...just that his final smash is the same.

Fox= Landmaster

falcos could have been calling the great fox to come and shoot the stage

and wolfs could have been to use the wolfen, similar to snakes final smash, but shooting lasers at the stage or something

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
this is so ****ing cool, I'm so happy wolf is in!!! this roster is great imo

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why anyone is mad. At least Sakurai managed to give Wolf a different kind of Landmaster: A red one. He is obviously Luigified.

At least we have other awesome features, like Stage Builder and SSE. Even online for Christ sakes! Stop being so high and mighty flaming someone who clearly made a great game.
Objection!!!!!!!!!

he doesn't have to be luigified. his final smash might appear the same but the effects may be different.also he most likely has an individual moveset (his stance is evidence)it looks to different to be the same. to top it all off i always hated this character.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
No worries, it's not like I expected it and I'm anonymous on 4chan's /v/ anyway, so you couldn't have known. Don't really need the credit either, I was just shocked people actually copied and pasted what I said on /v/.

Was the person at Neogaf claiming that this was there's by any chance? Just curious.
Nope. Not at all.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
If they wanted Wolf in, why did they leave in Falco? If you are going to have a clone, why have two? That doesn't even make sense. This is the only dissappointing addition asside from the fact that no more characters are included.

A lot of the hidden characters were sort of pointless. "Oh yeah, we didn't know Captian Falcon was going to be in there..."

Why hide veterans? Especially obvious ones like CF, Luigi, and Marth?

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
WOW alot of you ppl are idoits!

Clones do not take other character's spots!!! It's either a clone or no new character at all. Clones are still unique and have different speeds, spikes, power, and weight!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord

Clones do not take other character's spots!!! It's either a clone or no new character at all. Clones are still unique and have different speeds, spikes, power, and weight!

Yes... I guess people don't realize that fox and falco play TOTALLY DIFFERENTLY in melee...

seeing as how falco is slightly luigified and wolf's attacks look different enough... they will be 3 unique characters....

sure the animations are similar, but it doesnt change the fact that they will play completely differently...

3 of the same final smash is really lame... but honestly... items are going to get boring like they did in melee...

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe

Finally a smart person

Just looked through GameFAQs...they're raising hell with this. They're jumping accusing everyone of clones as if theres no difference. Most old "clones" have got new things to differentiate them from the "originals". Its just pathetic how people are going crazy over this

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Finally a smart person

Just looked through GameFAQs...they're raising hell with this. They're jumping accusing everyone of clones as if theres no difference. Most old "clones" have got new things to differentiate them from the "originals". Its just pathetic how people are going crazy over this
It's the 'double-clones' that bother me though.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
I agree, though I think its crap that they have clones again, i suppose that its ok because it was them or nothing. Though I still believe that they had more than enough time to make them. O well, so long as they have a couple individual moves. Also, does anyone know if Lucario is just a Mew2 "clone"?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I agree, though I think its crap that they have clones again, i suppose that its ok because it was them or nothing. Though I still believe that they had more than enough time to make them. O well, so long as they have a couple individual moves. Also, does anyone know if Lucario is just a Mew2 "clone"?
Lucario has very little in common with Mewtwo. Just apparently a couple of A moves and his Neutral B move...thats it

As for the clones, they have been rather decloned with Brawl...people just fail to see it

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you serebii but I think what gets to everyone is the same final smash for all 3 characters. That is just uncalled for. Someone can correct me if I am wrong since I was never that big into Starfox but isn't it true that Wolf never once rode in that vehicle.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
K, good. I keep looking at the precious few videos we have, but just cant see the differences. Here's hoping that Gannondorf has specialized...specials. What move is Lucario using for his FS? Does it have a name, or is it just a big blast?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
K, good. I keep looking at the precious few videos we have, but just cant see the differences. Here's hoping that Gannondorf has specialized...specials. What move is Lucario using for his FS? Does it have a name, or is it just a big blast?
Falco for example Dual Weilds and he throws his Reflector for damage to the opponents

Wolf's Side Special takes him upwards a bit as well as across

There are many differences

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Wolf is cool. Anyone have a video of Wolf and/Or Falco? I'd like to see them in action.

The only character that I wanted to get in, that didn't is Mewtwo. Which annoys me, but I am very grateful for Lucario, PT, Jigglypuff, TP Link and Fox. Plus the crazy amount of assist trophies and Pokéballs. You're character will be in one way or another. Don't feel too bad.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Falco for example Dual Weilds and he throws his Reflector for damage to the opponents

Wolf's Side Special takes him upwards a bit as well as across

There are many differences
Sweet, can i find pics or video of that anywhere?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I under stand both sides of the argument and heres my weigh in

wolf is a cool character but the thing is when the first game came out fox had moves that were straight out of some1s brain cause there was no basis for hand to hand fighting moves for him. and i suppose that ppl were looking for wolf and falco to have gotten the same respect. the same goes for the falcon captain. he had no basis for a hand to hand fighting style so it was completely original. but ganon had a hand to hand basis for a move set seeing that he was something of a sword fighter. this all amounts to the fact that NO AMOUNT OF LUIGIFICATION will be enough to satisfy our desire for another ORIGINAL starfox char. hence the madd krystal support. and i think that the same ppl that are saying this are the same ones who would have rather accepted a 55 char. non clone roster with the same old arcade mode than to play the deep story driven game that they are now making.and thats whereall the argument is steming from. also bout the Fs thing... we've come to turms with the similar FS's ppl have
mario=samus=trainer
sonic=pika
link=ike
yoshi almost=diddy
but we think that even if they were similar they cant be the exact same thing

but the one thing that i would like to say is that a few months ago all i could hear was "as long as sonic's in... ill be happy" what happend to those guys. so since no 1 else will, ill stand by my word, cause i will love this game regardless of anythiing else cause i can beat ppl with sonic
thats what i think

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Funny how about a month and half ago people were complaining and *****ing about how there was a dry spell of good updates (basically new character confirmations). People were saying "I'm never checking the updates again!" and "I have lost my faith in Nintendo!". We get Olimar and everybody has happy again.

Now we have leaks galore and what happens? People whine and ***** again. "I am not going to buy this game!", "I am going to poop on your sushi Sakurai!", and "My favorite character is not in this game!". Granted, it's ok to be frustrated over that fact. I really wanted Ray 01 and Micaiah to be in the game and I truly believed they would be. But, they are not. I am ok and accepted that fact. Time to move on.

As well, when SSBB was first announced - we had Snake, Pit, Zamus, Wario, and Metaknight. Totally awesome. From when Sakurai started to doing updates and to know, we have had Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, King Dedede, Ike, Captain Olimar, and Lucas. That's 12 newcomers total. I knew when we were going to see the official roster, we wouldn't be seeing a lot of new characters. Maybe a couple.

Now let me ask this. What would you of rather had. Sakurai giving us character confirmations left and right and satisfying our bellies? Or waiting till the game actually came out to discover the new characters and just release veteran confirmations? We would have people whining and *****ing about that as well. I have seen people whine about how mad they are that Sakurai gave us newcomer updates. Certainly, if he didn't, I bet we would see a lot more excitement over the game then what we are seeing.

I would also like to point out that Smash Bros is not Dragon Ball Z Budokai or Capcom vs SNK. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses. If we had 50 characters in this game, even some newcomers would be drowned out and the game would totally be unbalanced.

So here's my message to all the kids who are angry. Grow up. You're all selfish gluttons who whine and complain if your mom forgot to wash your favorite pair of clean undies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Does anyone know how to unlock sonic, wolf and jigglypuff? I'm getting the game on sat, so i want to know how to unlock them.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
i can't believe people actually said those pics were fake lol

wolf's in and from what i've seen he is pretty different, his b move is more like a ray gun(slow but stronger) and his b-up move is a kick, that goes straight up.....

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Funny how about a month and half ago people were complaining and *****ing about how there was a dry spell of good updates (basically new character confirmations). People were saying "I'm never checking the updates again!" and "I have lost my faith in Nintendo!". We get Olimar and everybody has happy again.

Now we have leaks galore and what happens? People whine and ***** again. "I am not going to buy this game!", "I am going to poop on your sushi Sakurai!", and "My favorite character is not in this game!". Granted, it's ok to be frustrated over that fact. I really wanted Ray 01 and Micaiah to be in the game and I truly believed they would be. But, they are not. I am ok and accepted that fact. Time to move on.

As well, when SSBB was first announced - we had Snake, Pit, Zamus, Wario, and Metaknight. Totally awesome. From when Sakurai started to doing updates and to know, we have had Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, King Dedede, Ike, Captain Olimar, and Lucas. That's 12 newcomers total. I knew when we were going to see the official roster, we wouldn't be seeing a lot of new characters. Maybe a couple.

Now let me ask this. What would you of rather had. Sakurai giving us character confirmations left and right and satisfying our bellies? Or waiting till the game actually came out to discover the new characters and just release veteran confirmations? We would have people whining and *****ing about that as well. I have seen people whine about how mad they are that Sakurai gave us newcomer updates. Certainly, if he didn't, I bet we would see a lot more excitement over the game then what we are seeing.

I would also like to point out that Smash Bros is not Dragon Ball Z Budokai or Capcom vs SNK. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses. If we had 50 characters in this game, even some newcomers would be drowned out and the game would totally be unbalanced.

So here's my message to all the kids who are angry. Grow up. You're all selfish gluttons who whine and complain if your mom forgot to wash your favorite pair of clean undies.
Pound it, mangz. *pound*

Top Bottom