• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The final character is revealed: Wolf

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like CFalcon's FS :laugh: CFalcon uses his Blue Falcon and maybe Ganondorf uses Ganon in the exact same way :laugh:

Now that would be so stupid, but funny (because of the stupidness)

Sort of like a Red landmaster. lol.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to become more and more accepting of this roster... I might give it a try, but I'm lacking teh coins at the moment, so it's a big maybe. I'm thinking to main Samus in her suit form, she looks pretty cool, always has been, and her choice of suits is very nice. (Phazon, Fusion, among others.)

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the consensus is "Oh no, a clone" even after the "limitless" content we've seen - but there's the problem: the one area where content has been limited to a meandering roster and cloned characters is the area which matters most.

It's not Super Stickerbook Brothers. Or Super SinglePlayerAdventure Brothers. It's Super Smash Brothers. Emphasis on the Smash. So... excuse a few of us for being underhwelmed with the amount of content when so little of it is actually related to the CORE FIGHTING GAME.

Are you people serious?
Believe it or not, replacing Smash with one of the new features of the game doesn't make your argument convincing.

It just means you're demeaning perfectly good content that has been added and you can be summarized with "WAAAAH, I WANT A BETTER ROSTER."

"Smash" doesn't imply a roster. Smash implies fighting. We got plenty of fighting. The sticker amplifies the characters in the single player game, which at its core is a fighting single player game. So you got your Smash.

If you're going to replace one of the words in the title to criticize a roster size, shouldn't you replace "Bros.?" Albeit, we have more than one male in this game, and at least two of them are related to our knowledge, so even that part of the title's fine. ; )

Sorry, hun. The roster's fine.

"But I was criticizing the lack of fighting!"

Yeah, bull. Your complaint is a thinly veiled complaint that amounts to "I DIDN'T GET _____."

If you're complaining about not enough FIGHTING, I don't think more characters will really fix that.

Ganondorfs FS is the ganon form from TP and has nothing to do with Giga Bowser.
Bingo. Methinks it's just Giga Bowser with a different model. My point was the mechanics were the same. I already know it's Ganon form.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Fox, Falco, and Wolf seem to share the same Final Smash. However they also seem to have wildly differently move sets. (I am carrying this over from what I have seen of Falco).

Falco's reflector shoots out and then returns like a mini boomerang, and then there is the fact that Falco now Dual Wields Pistols.

Although they share the same Final Smash, they are designed completely differently. So far there are no known clones and the 35 character roster is real. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Edit: From what I see Lucario plays similarly like Mewtwo, however vastly improved, though I don't know if he has teleport.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Lack of Mewtwo is also my whine. Ah well. At least Ganondorf doesn't share Falcon's FS. That would just be awkward.

Looks like he's just a remodeled-to-be-Ganon Giga Bowser, though. ; )
Dont worry, Lucario looks to play like Mewtwo, but with more speed and better attacks. But it would have been nice to have Mewtwo as well. In some ways this final roster is lacking, but that wont stop me from enjoying the game. Im buying it tomorrow, and it will be the only thing Ill be doing for the next 4 days, aside from work of course.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
I love how people refuse to admit the truth lol

Reminds me of my community...but a little bit more...whats the word...

I also find it hilarious that people say there are 3 Fox clones...IF Wolf is a clone (which isnt necessarily likely, vids have proved Falco to be different and so Wolf is likely to be different) then that makes 2 Fox Clones...not 3
but serebii,there no videos with falco in action,how could you say that,where did you it find it,i can't find

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Dont worry, Lucario looks to play like Mewtwo, but with more speed and better attacks. But it would have been nice to have Mewtwo as well. In some ways this final roster is lacking, but that wont stop me from enjoying the game. Im buying it tomorrow, and it will be the only thing Ill be doing for the next 4 days, aside from work of course.
From the videos, Lucario plays nothing like Mewtwo...its this **** energy ball thing isnt it...christ's sake

but serebii,there no videos with falco in action,how could you say that,where did you it find it,i can't find
Well I had read that :p I havent seen any personally but I haven't looked

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Despite the fact that we know everything (or do we?), will you still be revealing everything you know when your NDA is up tomorrow?

And if Wolf does share the same FS as Falco and Fox, that's a shame. Poor, poor Krystal. She hardly had a chance.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
This post is not about videos discussion genius,we are discussing about the photo with wolf if that's real or a fake,not deconfirming him if it is
I was posting that in response to your own post.

You said, and I quote:

I was showing you that there ARE videos with Falco in action.

It was your own post. How could you not realize that I was responding to it?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
There are videos of Falco in action. Sorry :p

EDIT: Argh, lag beat me to it ;)

I don't see how Lucario can be a Mewtwo replacement, and if he was it would be INCREDIBLY cheap. I don't see Lucario making his hand go all blue and setting people on Blue fire, and teleporting, and stuff. :p

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
There are videos of Falco in action. Sorry :p
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

I mean uh.

That's what I said. : |

Can you please explain that to the kid? He apparently doesn't want to hear it from me, or can't understand it, or something.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
This post is not about videos discussion genius,we are discussing about the photo with wolf if that's real or a fake,not deconfirming him if it is
It is real, and Falco and Wolf both have original move sets, watch Falco's play style, it is nothing like Fox's play style or moves, I predict it will be the same for wolf.

They only share the same Final Smash.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Despite the fact that we know everything (or do we?), will you still be revealing everything you know when your NDA is up tomorrow?

And if Wolf does share the same FS as Falco and Fox, that's a shame. Poor, poor Krystal. She hardly had a chance.
Apart from a few things you know everything now...I cant be arsed to just re-iterate as I'll just get bashed and flamed for claiming I know things when I apparently dont like i did last night on GameFAQs

Eagle

Smash Lord
KaiserX, you made me chuckle.

Anyways, that picture is clearly fake... In my opinion...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, Lucario has Aura Ball thingy, but I still can't see it being Mewtwo clonish.

Well, I can't watch the vids now, I'm at college *goes home to watch non-clone Falco*

I'll be annoyed if you get my hopes up :p

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Most of us aren't going to use Final Smash in competitive play anyway.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
We'll see Wolf in action soon enough. And i seriously doubt he will be a clone. Falco and Fox already are strikingly different, at least compared to how similar they were in Melee.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
i saw the video with falco his reflector the throw him like a bumerang,but i can't see he shooting,how is it now?

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
People are pissing me off, we are the whinest bunch of brats ever!!! If you dont like the game, dont buyt it! Simple! Sit outside and not play an awesome game and look dumb as hell! Fine!

Sirami

Smash Cadet

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Looks really convincing. The design just bothers me. Assult's head, and really similar to Fox's body.

I do think that Wolf is in. I'm just not sure if this is his first true screenshot.

I've called it wrong before though, so, let's just wait it out. Props to the artist if it is a fake.

Teevo

Smash Rookie
All this "Melee 1.5" crap is really obnoxious. Just because we have a few clones it's not a new game? Are we forgetting about all the newcomers on the Dojo, perhaps?

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
All this "Melee 1.5" crap is really obnoxious. Just because we have a few clones it's not a new game? Are we forgetting about all the newcomers on the Dojo, perhaps?
He claims he was kidding. I guess I believe it.

Even if people legitimately hate it right now, I just know they're going to love everything else about the game.

I'd also like to add that I'd rather have less characters and more balance than more characters and awful balance.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
we have no problems with clones,it's just strange have 3 of them when you can put crystal in the game

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
I thought I heard Wolf was supposed to use explosives and be somewhat of a Snake clone. That hasn't been disproven, has it?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
yep, cus we have an ASSload of clones, no new characters, barely any new game play features, an adventure mode thats only a tiny bit longer than we already have and no real reason to play the game.

/sarcasm

I hate you.

/hate

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Lag made me miss this little gem, so I'll address it now.

I think the problem is moreso that you have no credibility, having posted 200 times in the last 5 days, then accusing others of trolling in your threads.

I am entirely okay with any character roster list, all the characters I wanted are already in. But the way you're conducting this thread is rather obnoxious. and 30 posts per day is getting rather on the ridiculous side..

no wonder the rest of us can't enjoy smashboards anymore.. too many brawl noobs
200 posts in the last 5 days? Oh noes! It's not like there's a lot of discussion that has been going on in the past 5 days or anything.

Clearly I must be trolling, rather than, say, being NEW.

But clearly NEW means my opinions, understanding of the game, degree of knowledge and information, and ideas aren't valid, right? No, instead, you need to be here for a really, really long time for all these qualities, agree or disagree, to be at all accepted or remotely acknowledged.

Has anyone ever told you that you're very closed minded?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I am disappointed that Ganon is still even remotely related to Captain Falcon, that makes no sense, but at least Falco and Toon Link have changed quite a bit since Melee.

You AREN'T going to be disappointed by Brawl, whether or not the roster disappoints you, and from the looks of things there will be no complete clones, just 5 "clon-ish" characters, plus Luigi, but Luigi has rights to be Clon-ish :p he's "Luigi-ish" it's a whole category!

I mean come on, 30 movesets? Compared to Melee's ~20 and SSB64's 11, that's pretty **** impressive.

*IMPORTANT BELOW* ;)

You CAN'T hate the game for the roster, you can be disappointed, everyone' a bit disappointed, but it doesn't change the fact that some of us will be playing this game nearly every day for the next 6 years, and loving every moment.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Ok if the supposed clones are in fact clones that sucks. But we still got tons of original new comers like DDD, Snake, Sonic, Pit and so on. And throw in all the new stages. This is a totally upgraded game. Dont be so pissy because the finally delivery didnt meet your expectations. Imagine if Sakurai had given us nothing in advance aside form the returning cast, and then unleashed all the newcomers on us at once with the game's release. Everyone and their grandma would think this was the best roster ever.

Top Bottom