• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
DHD helps me deal with the loss of Ridley and K. Rool.. May not of even got the game if all 3 did not make the cut. Let the Laugh be 8-bit!

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt Dog

(duck helps him double jump by holding the jump button during your double jump you fall much slower.)

A: punch

AA: punch punch

AAA: punch punch punch

A (A while dashing): rolls forward

up+A: duck pecks up over your head

side+A: runs forward swinging his arms similar to Luigi's dash attack.

down+A: swings his backpack around himself low to the ground.

smash attacks:

smash up+A: flips in to the air damaging anyone in the way. The longer you hold the higher you go.

smash side+A: dog charges duck from his backpack like a lance.

smash down+A: swings duck over his head by her legs then slams her down in front of him. (animation takes about as long as gannondorf uptilt from Project M)

Air attacks:

A: duck spins her wings around slapping anyone around.

up+A: duck pecks up over her head (similar to toon link up air but not out nearly as long)

forward+A: duck comes out and pecks in front of you for a barrage of 3 hits.

back+A: duck slices behind you with both of her wings.

down+A: slams down with duck's beak for a meteor smash.

special attacks:

B: Duck shoots 3 eggs forward.

side+B: duck gun mode. (takes out duck cradling her like a gun and allows for rapid fire of eggs by holding B. Use side+B again to put her away)

up+B: Fly – launches upward. If you press B while in air you charge forward for a very strong attack before going into helplessness.

down+B: A quick invulnerable shield with duck's wings which blocks projectiles and attacks (lots of ending lag)

grab attacks:

grab+A: pummels the opponent.

grab+forward: duck pecks them forward

grab+back: duck grabs them with her beak and flips them back behind you.

grab+down: hits them down with his backpack

grab+up: dog throws them up slightly and duck beaks them up.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Duck Hunt Dog

(duck helps him double jump by holding the jump button during your double jump you fall much slower.)

smash attacks:

smash up+A: flips in to the air damaging anyone in the way. The longer you hold the higher you go.

smash down+A: swings duck over his head by her legs then slams her down in front of him. (animation takes about as long as gannondorf uptilt from Project M)

Air attacks:

up+A: duck pecks up over her head (similar to toon link up air but not out nearly as long)

special attacks:

side+B: duck gun mode. (takes out duck cradling her like a gun and allows for rapid fire of eggs by holding B. Use side+B again to put her away)

up+B: Fly – launches upward. If you press B while in air you charge forward for a very strong attack before going into helplessness.

down+B: A quick invulnerable shield with duck's wings which blocks projectiles and attacks (lots of ending lag)

grab attacks:

Punching? Well that makes no sense.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If he stands on two legs it works. It worked for Banjo.
Banjo was never redesigned to move like a real bear.
And besides, Bears are on 2 legs more than others.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Banjo was never redesigned to move like a real bear.
And besides, Bears are on 2 legs more than others.
Don't jump to conclusions based on a 4-second clip that has not been leaked to the public. What is to stop the designers from making DHD switch between bipedal and quadrupedal as his attacks require? In the original Duck Hunt, the dog is quadrupedal when the game begins and is clearly bipedal when he holds up ducks the players shoot down, and during that laugh.

In the arcade Vs. Duck Hunt, he is bipedal during the bonus round, even using crutches after the players shoot him.

Sakurai and the designers have a lot of original material to draw from to make DHD's attacks.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Don't jump to conclusions based on a 4-second clip that has not been leaked to the public.
Please tell me your trolling by believing in that. If it's not released to the public then it can't exist unless it was said by the original ESRB Leaker.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Maybe DHD can have a special stance like Shulk's different stances when his damage percentage is at a high enough level. He would get on crutches and become fully bipedal. The crutches give DHD increased melee range and attack strength.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
DHD helps me deal with the loss of Ridley and K. Rool.. May not of even got the game if all 3 did not make the cut. Let the Laugh be 8-bit!

King k rool has a slim chance at this point

BUT RIDLEY not even close to deconfirmed todays potd helps him again. (Mutiple roles for characters confirmed.)

Theres way to much for ridley to not be playable at this point.

But can't wait to give ridley duck for dinner.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I wouldn't mind if every one of his taunts was the exact same laugh, sort of like how each of Snake's taunts were the cardboard box.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Duck Hunt Dog

smash attacks:

Air attacks:

special attacks:

grab attacks:

No Bite, Dig, or Take Down (think Dino from Flintstones)?

Lick, Bark, Growl?

He has to have some dog abilities in his move set.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I like the character, but I can't get over how silly the name "Duck Hunt" sounds. I hope he at least has a laughing taunt. :laugh:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
My favorite new character. The Roster is kind of saved if we get no more characters.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like the character, but I can't get over how silly the name "Duck Hunt" sounds. I hope he at least has a laughing taunt. :laugh:
The name is Duck Hunt because both the Dog and the Duck are the characters, I think. Reason I am referring to the character with "they/them/their".
My favorite new character. The Roster is kind of saved if we get no more characters.
The roster never needed to be "saved" to begin with.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The name is Duck Hunt because both the Dog and the Duck are the characters, I think. Reason I am referring to the character with "they/them/their".
That makes sense, but it still sounds weird because "hunt" is not a noun. I guess "Dog and Ducks" was too generic.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Now all I need is either Ninten as an alt for Ness or Giygas from MOTHER playable and I'll be happy.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
That makes sense, but it still sounds weird because "hunt" is not a noun. I guess "Dog and Ducks" was too generic.
Huh? "Hunt" is not a noun? It is not only a verb. From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

hunt
noun
: an occasion when people hunt wild animals

: an act of searching for something or someone

: a group of people who hunt foxes together

Full Definition of HUNT
: the act, the practice, or an instance of hunting
: a group of mounted hunters and their hunting dogs

Examples of HUNT
  1. They went on a hunt.
  2. We finally found a good restaurant after a long hunt.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I am sure the character is called "Duck Hunt" because the character involves both the dog and the duck, and not just the dog.
That would be "Duck Hunters" or similar. "Duck Hunt" cannot be justified as a name outside of german.
Hunt may be a noun but it is for a conceptual thing, not a tangible living creature.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe they are called 'Duck Hunt' because it is the Dog and the Duck, not to mention it represents the original game better, seeing as it is the same name as the game. "Duck Hunt Dog and Duck" sounds… off

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I believe they are called 'Duck Hunt' because it is the Dog and the Duck, not to mention it represents the original game better, seeing as it is the same name as the game. "Duck Hunt Dog and Duck" sounds… off
Oh thank you for pointing this out, How would we ever know?

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
That would be "Duck Hunters" or similar. "Duck Hunt" cannot be justified as a name outside of german.
Hunt may be a noun but it is for a conceptual thing, not a tangible living creature.
Perhaps just as Koopa is called Bowser outside of Japan, the "Duck Hunt" character will get a different name for non-Japan releases of SSB4. I hope for "Duck Hunt Dog" at least.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
A remix in the style of this is ESSENTIAL.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
King k rool has a slim chance at this point

BUT RIDLEY not even close to deconfirmed todays potd helps him again. (Mutiple roles for characters confirmed.)

Theres way to much for ridley to not be playable at this point.

But can't wait to give ridley duck for dinner.

Stop with the delusional ridley crap, he's no more likely than K rool at this point.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Stop with the delusional ridley crap, he's no more likely than K rool at this point.
I believe this is our whole roster, If he didn't have All-Stars unlocked he couldn't even hover over it anyway. If it was locked and on the menu it would probably show a much bigger lock signal like covering the whole screen and darkening the brightness rather than a tiny transparent lock symbol.

And there is NO reason for ESRB to not get all the characters.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Come on guys, let's keep this topic all about the Duck Hunt Dog. How about the next person that mentions Ridley gets shot on sight by the hunter himself. Any objections?

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
I've been a silent supporter of DHD for some time now, so I would love nothing more than for his part of the leak to be true. But truth be told there are some question marks for me and I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't see the leaked gameplay videos, only a gif with Bowser Jr which I did not feel was conclusive. I need more convincing.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I've been a silent supporter of DHD for some time now, so I would love nothing more than for his part of the leak to be true. But truth be told there are some question marks for me and I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't see the leaked gameplay videos, only a gif with Bowser Jr which I did not feel was conclusive. I need more convincing.
Well one way to confirm that the leak is true is that Shulk's 'icon artwork' on the character select screen, is the same as the artwork on the website.

Top Bottom