• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
It now seems that Roy is also going to make a return soon, which now means Pichu will be the only Melee veteran left. Do you guys think this increases his chances? Or does this mean he will be left in the dark... alone? (You could argue Young Link is also still left, but we've got Toon Link as his modern incarnation)

I still won't lose hope for the little guy, as it's already been shown he's very demanded in the Japanese audience. Being in the Top 10 for DLC choices, and 3 of them are already confirmed to be making a return! It could only be a matter of time till our little Pichu steps back.

Don't let his spark die out!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be kind of surprised if she doesn't make it back in some capacity, if only because she's such an easy clone to make. They could probably have her sorted out and delivered during their lunch break. Kinda hoping she makes it back. I never had much time for her in Melee, I'd happily make up for that now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I always considered (and I will consider) Pichu a male XD

And ... yeah, if that leak is real, Pichu NEEDS to be in the game.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I always considered (and I will consider) Pichu a male XD

And ... yeah, if that leak is real, Pichu NEEDS to be in the game.
Pichu in Melee is indeed male, there are female Pichu's too however. And they have those really cool spiky ear designs.

Would be so great to have this version of Pichu as an alternate skin!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think Pichu still has a chance, in fact, I think it might have increased knowing that Sakurai has so far already brought back 3 forgotten veterans as DLC (Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas) and he hates leaving fighters out of new games. The only veterans to really worry about are Snake and Ice Climbers at the moment.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Pichu in Melee is indeed male, there are female Pichu's too however. And they have those really cool spiky ear designs.

Would be so great to have this version of Pichu as an alternate skin!
Male and female Pichus look like the same.
That Pichu is a special one, one from an event or something.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'd be kind of surprised if she doesn't make it back in some capacity, if only because she's such an easy clone to make. They could probably have her sorted out and delivered during their lunch break. Kinda hoping she makes it back. I never had much time for her in Melee, I'd happily make up for that now.
But Pichu evolved into the Pikachu in Brawl! And that Pikachu is male!

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Male and female Pichus look like the same.
That Pichu is a special one, one from an event or something.
So it really is one of a kind, pretty much like Ukulele Pichu. :o

It debuted in the Anime, but made appearances in some of the games as well.

PF9

Smash Lord
My headcanons regarding Pichu and Pikachu are quite different actually. To me, the Pikachu in Smash is Ash's, and the Pichu that was in Melee was the older of the Pichu Bros., Pichu Big.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This assumption bothers me to no end.
I think it would please everyone to know that Pichu having 12 pages means that Pichu has enough popularity to keep people together longer than Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I'm not saying that he doesn't need more support though. It's just an accomplishment of sorts.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The last of the melee vets and a character i generally want back.I feel he had a unique ability and could really be fun to play with if brought back.At me to the support list

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Why do you guys keep saying Pichu is the last Melee veteran that isn't in smash. Even if the Roy leak is true we still have :younglinkmelee: who isn't in.
It's because Toon Link is the modern incarnation of Young Link, where as Pichu does not have any counterpart in Smash 4's roster. I'd like to see Young Link back, but if they differentiate him from Link and Toon Link. For example giving him abilities from Majoras Mask like in Hyrule Warriors i think would be great for him.

Also, let's not forget Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I think the most think that Young Link is replaced by Toon Link, which is false. But that's not the topic here.

If the Roy leak is true, then Pichu (and Young Link) have to come back! Just because of having all Melee guys back there then. That'd be sooo nostalgic. But that doesnt mean that the Brawl vets are less important.

Personally, the Ice Climbers are a Brawl vet for me. But everyone should come back.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
So guys, have we cast our votes on our beloved Pichu?

My whole Ballot vote list, by the way!
First character I voted for.:pichumelee:

I hope Japan gives Pichu a lot of votes (considering he's pretty popular over there) because sadly the west doesn't give him much love.:crying:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the most think that Young Link is replaced by Toon Link, which is false. But that's not the topic here.

If the Roy leak is true, then Pichu (and Young Link) have to come back! Just because of having all Melee guys back there then. That'd be sooo nostalgic. But that doesnt mean that the Brawl vets are less important.

Personally, the Ice Climbers are a Brawl vet for me. But everyone should come back.
Ice Climbers are Brawl veterans because they made it to Brawl. Unfortunately Pichu didn't. Young Link may be a clone of Toon Link, but that doesn't mean that he is Toon Link. Just like Pichu isn't Pikachu. Hopefully we get all the veterans at one point though. But that won't happen this game. For now, I'll just root for my favorite one. :3

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Every time I vote for Pichu, I give a new, interesting explanation as to why Pichu should return.

Same for my babies the ICs.

I encourage you people to be creative with your 500 characters you are given, daddy Nintendo will see you.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
...ohhh...wait, was there a misunderstanding with where they say the limit is 500 characters (like letters, numbers, spaces, what I'm using to write right now) that someone thought they meant actual IPs? Like voting for 500 individual characters? Haha, that's pretty funny!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The above poster means be creative and use the 500 characters of text intelligently. Nintendo will at least glean the votes for feedback, so it's worthwhile to put some thought into it when filling the forms out.

PF9

Smash Lord
First character I voted for.:pichumelee:

I hope Japan gives Pichu a lot of votes (considering he's pretty popular over there) because sadly the west doesn't give him much love.:crying:
Yeah, Pichu as a Smash character is as hated as the animal Pichu is, the mouse (usually real life mice only though - seriously, a lot of people have problems with mice, some people are even afraid of mice, have you seen old cartoons where housewives jump off the floor and scream when they see a mouse? Of course I'm not one of those people, I think mice are cool, having grown up watching them in cartoons such as Tom and Jerry and Pokemon wherein Ash owns a Pikachu, AKA the Smash Pikachu)

Pichu needs more love out West. At least I'm glad to know Pichu is much loved over in Japan. The fact that it's a baby and it's cute plays a factor in its popularity. As a matter of fact, though Pokemon: The Movie 2000 is my favorite main feature Pokemon movie (because of the Ash/Misty love hints in it as it is set during the Orange Islands season which had a lot of those, yes I admit I'm a Pokeshipper), my favorite Pikachu short is Pikachu and Pichu, because of the presence of Pichu (this particular short seems to be heavily influenced by old Hollywood cartoons of the 1930s-50s as well as the 1980s phenomenon centered around younger versions of cartoon characters, a phenomenon that helped launch such shows as Muppet Babies and Baby Looney Tunes (the latter in the 2000s), and which heavily influenced the concept of Baby Pokemon, which are mostly pre-evolved forms of Pokemon introduced in an earlier generation like Pichu is to Pikachu).

So yeah, the lack of love for Pichu in the Western world is criminal. Some people just don't like cute things it seems. Maybe they need to hold a Pichu in their arms just to see how cute a baby can be.

D

Deleted member

While i think pichu is awesome and deserves yet another chance in Smash Bros, :026: deserves a even better chance.

Edit : :pichumelee: weakest but quickest, :025: balanced, :026: strongest but a tiny bit slower

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Add me to the supporter list! As someone whose a strong supporter for Roy, let's get the Melee gang back together!

cjcduck

Smash Rookie
omg i really really hope pichu comes back he was my main in melee when i unlocked him!

cjcduck

Smash Rookie
i just got an awesome idea for pichu's final smash if he gets in: he gonna whip out his ukulele and the notes would hurt people

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I support Pichu's return to the series. Down with the haters!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pichu! :3
What is this Pichu you speak of?
Pichu is an electric type Pokémon that is extremely adorable. Its a baby Pokémon, so its stats are terrible, and it doesn't learn very many moves by leveling up. It has the abilities Static, and Lightning Rod, and evolves into Pikachu when it is leveled up with high friendship.
That's fun and all, but why would you want it in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds, and Wii U?
Because Pichu is a veteran in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and was really fun to play. But because he never appeared in another Smash game, and I don't own Melee, I never get to play Pichu. And with the love that the Melee veterans are getting now, I see no reason to leave Pichu out of it.
But Pichu was a joke character.
Your point?
Pichu was terrible.
And Mewtwo? The fact that Pichu wasn't the best character for competitive play shouldn't turn people off. Especially since everyone is balanced in Super Smash Bros. for 3Ds/Wii U. This argument is flawed.
Why would you pick him over other characters?
He wouldn't be picked over other characters. The only veterans that aren't likely to get in are Snake, and the Ice Climbers because they have issues. Wolf and Roy are pretty much a given at this point, and I don't see any reason why Young Link won't rejoin the fight either.
We have too many Pokémon.
I don't think Pichu would suddenly make the Pokémon franchise dominate the roster.
Come on guys! Pichu needs all the support he can get. Let's show them he has what it takes to rejoin smash!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, the Japanese apparently like vets, including Pichu.

I think a certain baby pokemon is more likely than we think.

Also @ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy and what he said.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
I support Pichu. I want as many veterens in as possible, and Pichu is easily clonable from Pikachu. Not to mention, it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
If Pichu comes back, hopefully he gets a custom move that lets him heal himself to make up for him hurting himself when he attacks. That is, if DLC characters will even get custom moves.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Pichu comes back, hopefully he gets a custom move that lets him heal himself to make up for him hurting himself when he attacks. That is, if DLC characters will even get custom moves.
At least there's the Vampiric custom equipments that allows characters to heal a little sometimes whenever their attacks make physical contact.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did you guys forget to add me to the supporter list? I'm pretty sure I asked to be put there sometime time ago.

Top Bottom