• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Did you guys forget to add me to the supporter list? I'm pretty sure I asked to be put there sometime time ago.
You're added, no worries! ;3

By the way, here is something i drew the other day. It's about Pichu trying to fit in with the other Smashers, but he gets rejected for being... well, Pichu.

I hope you Pichu fans like it, we could use some Pichu fan art in this thread! :3

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That was cruel man! What did the little guy do to deserve that? :(

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
That was cruel man! What did the little guy do to deserve that? :(
I know, poor little fella doesn't get the respect he deserves!

It pretty much sums up how he's treated in the Smash community in general, people tend to toss him away like this simply for being the "joke character."

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's funny, :pichumelee: in Melee was still miles better than:zeldamelee:and yet the latter is beloved by the fanbase even though she sucks in pretty much every Smash game she's in (also very blah and useless in her own games).

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Hehehe.... no. But here's the thing, I like Pichu and wouldn't mind him/her returning but it is exactly like Pikachu and you and kill it at like 50%. And I think it's lighter than Jigglypuff.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's true though, she sucks in almost every game she's in lol.

I though of concept where Pichu has a Lucario-like gimmick of doing more damage when he's at higher percentages in addition to his Melee gimmick of hurting himself to be the ultimate high-risk, volatile character on the roster.

Dagon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0877-1929-4995
id love it if he could be a alternate skin for pikachu. they could add him like that with a new update or something. pichu is my second favorite pokemon in the world and i would love for him to return to smash bros. but im not getting my hopes up, because just as you said hes not very demanded. but who knows? maybe nintendo will say screw it and put him in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't bothered with HW. It seems like a massive waste of money IMO. I'm just saying she's blah in most of her games and is pretty bad in Smash games and yet she has a really big fanbase. IDK how that even happens:4sheik:was the only good thing to come from her IMO.

id love it if he could be a alternate skin for pikachu. they could add him like that with a new update or something. pichu is my second favorite pokemon in the world and i would love for him to return to smash bros. but im not getting my hopes up, because just as you said hes not very demanded. but who knows? maybe nintendo will say screw it and put him in.
If anything, it will be absolutely hilarious to see the reactions from people when Pichu is released. The amount of :salt:from the fanbase will cause the internet to crash.

Last edited:

Dagon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0877-1929-4995
can i be part of the supporter list? im all for pichu in smash!

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
can i be part of the supporter list? im all for pichu in smash!
You're added. ;]

Keep the support coming, people!

If anything, it will be absolutely hilarious to see the reactions from people when Pichu is released. The amount of :salt:from the fanbase will cause the internet to crash.
And when that happens, i'll be the first one to grind it in their faces. :D

(Personally i think HW is amazing, but it's your money :p)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It just feels like a bunch of Zelda stories slapped onto each other with DW gameplay added in really. Just grind grind and grind some more.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Wii U Zelda in 2016 personally.

Dagon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0877-1929-4995
You're added. ;]

Keep the support coming, people!

And when that happens, i'll be the first one to grind it in their faces. :D

whats hw?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Add me to the list

If pichu makes it back that's an instant new main for me

Dun kurr how bad he'd turn out, it's pichu

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
ADD ME TO THE LIST! (Even if I already voted for another character)

:pichumelee:'S MY MELEE FAVORITE (at least, between of all of the Melee newcomers), OVER EVEN THE LIKES OF :mewtwomelee:, :marthmelee:, :peachmelee:, :sheikmelee:, :icsmelee:, :ganondorfmelee:, :drmario:, :falcomelee:, :bowsermelee:,:gawmelee:, :younglinkmelee:, :zeldamelee: AND EVEN :roymelee:!

I WANT HIM BACK AT ALL COSTS! (:pichumelee: is my fourth most wanted, under only Daisy, Viridi and Prince Fluff, but right over fellow "cut Melee newcomer" :roymelee:)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
If sakurai could make pichu actually good

That'd be great

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
If Pichu was added I'd only play him. It would probably turn the 3DS version into my new favourite game.
Same here. If Pichu gets back (or any of my favorite characters gets back or gets in, for that matter), I'll at least consider the game to be better than 64. (but still not over Melee or Brawl, because of both the menu being too "groovy", and of Greninja being so GODDAMN HARD TO PLAY!)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Warning Received
If there was a way to vote AGAINST this character and have it discount actual votes towards him, I would be mashing it every day and night.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If there was a way to vote AGAINST this character and have it discount actual votes towards him, I would be mashing it every day and night.
The :salt:is surreal.

I'm really hoping that Pichu gets in the game. I'm just dying to see the reactions from people and the tantrums their going to throw. :estatic:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
The :salt:is surreal.

I'm really hoping that Pichu gets in the game. I'm just dying to see the reactions from people and the tantrums their going to throw. :estatic:
Oh hey, it's one of the guys who vote for Roy! Nice to see you also want the other Melee characters back.

VOKER101

Smash Rookie
I don't have anything against Pichu but to use this voting poll to bring him back would be a very very wasted opportunity.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Thought it'd share this here, it's a Smashified Pichu based off his trophy pose in Smash 4. It looks so fantastic!

His trophy:

This was created by KryptonLion on DeviantArt, be sure to check him out!

That said, i see there's been some Pichu hate here lately. It's fine to have an opinion, but posts like this:

Kiss it.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Thought it'd share this here, it's a Smashified Pichu based off his trophy pose in Smash 4. It looks so fantastic!
Wow, that looks great! But I wouldn't assume that they take the trophy pose as his character model if he comes. I mean, Mewtu and Lucas fighter pose are different from their pose on their trophys. Despite that, I love that art.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

His trophy:

This was created by KryptonLion on DeviantArt, be sure to check him out!

That said, i see there's been some Pichu hate here lately. It's fine to have an opinion, but posts like this:

Kiss it.
THIS IS SO AWESOME! Pichu should really return for SSB4! How about we send this to Omni? I wonder if he'd like it....

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Oh, i really wish Omni would Smashify Pichu. It's too bad he won't do veterans. D:
He just said that "newcomers are a higher priority" (or something similar), that means that if there's more important demands for veterans in general and than for newcomers in general, he might do veterans.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
He just said that "newcomers are a higher priority" (or something similar), that means that if there's more important demands for veterans in general and than for newcomers in general, he might do veterans.
We can try to get his attention by doing Pichu on Twitter maybe? The chances are low but trying never hurts.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
We can try to get his attention by doing Pichu on Twitter maybe? The chances are low but trying never hurts.
I've already started asking him to Smashify Princess Daisy, Viridi, and Prince Fluff, all on his most recent videos. I can add Pichu to that list of characters, if you want.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I just revamped the OP a little! I added some more segments and useful posts from users in this thread. Is there anything you guys think i should add to the OP? I really want to expand this thread and raise awareness for Pichu, as that is lacking. There's been some naysayers in this thread lately and that is understandable, i really want the OP to be something that will catch the attention of several and make people see Pichu in a different light rather than just "that joke character".

If there is any move set ideas, art and counter argument posts here i should add to the OP please let me know. Until then, let the spark continue! :pichumelee:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The only thing I can really suggest is reminding folks of how unequivocally adorable Pichu is.

The entire reason I got into Pichu is because I just looked at it and realised that, god, that thing is cute.

EDIT: Half the reason. There are other factors.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
The only thing I can really suggest is reminding folks of how unequivocally adorable Pichu is.

The entire reason I got into Pichu is because I just looked at it and realised that, god, that thing is cute.

EDIT: Half the reason. There are other factors.
To me, the entire reason of why Pichu is 1st on my list of Melee favorites is because he's so goddamn cute (Roy is 2nd, and Zelda is just 3rd... Mewtwo takes the "last" spot, because I don't care for him as much as other characters. Plus, I can't even play him properly in Melee, so imagine it in Smash 4!... No offense, Mewtwo fans, I'm not hating the character itself, I just prefer others).

Top Bottom