• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

JustinOkay

Smash Rookie
When i start the battle my bowser can do a full roll on body ledge recovery. but later in that same stock he slows down and pulls himself up slowly attacking slowly with his claw.

Is there a way i can always make him roll attack onto to ledge?

Also, i figured out that a good edge gaurding teck is Nairing onto the stage from the ledge while the character is recovering. Ive only used it agaisnt space animals but i dont know how well it works agaisnt other characters.

If i Boozer Klaw a character while in midair, can i through them down underneath me?

Other than edge gaurding what are some good uses for fire breath?

and when is the right situation to up-B?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
1&2:if your damage is over 100%, you do a different attack when attacking off the edge.

3: No, but you can keep grabbing them, or throw them against the stage.

4. Um, not much--use it to punish DDing and spotdodging, I guess, if you want.

5. UpB out of shield, when you can use it to grab the ledge (anytime on Yoshi Story, and with good timing or being in your teeter animation anywhere else), but mainly to interrupt pressure on your shield.

Shök

Smash Champion
Other than edge gaurding what are some good uses for fire breath?
Since everything else was covered...

One good use for the Fire Breath is the Flame Cancel. You can use it as an attack and a surprise attack.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhLEM-cHnw

Gimpy used an above average amount of d-airs in this vid, so you can see when it works/doesn't work.
Is this the only stage Bowser doesn't look completely useless in? He has that auto upB thing by the edge and that ledge jump puts him right on the platform perfect. Any other stages he excels in? Link a vid anyone.

Tri_Edge

Smash Rookie
So, I just started playing Bowser, and it looks okay, but I'm having trouble flame cancelling, and doing the edge stalling down-b. Any advice for getting those better?

Shök

Smash Champion
So, I just started playing Bowser, and it looks okay, but I'm having trouble flame cancelling, and doing the edge stalling down-b. Any advice for getting those better?
Well, can you flame cancel in the first place? For the down-B stall, just make sure you jump high enough off the edge. Also, make sure you do not press down while doing the stall. Bowser will miss the edge and fall staight down.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Don't do the Down B edgestall you're not invincible for the whole thing you'll just get *****.

Up-b out of shield, f-air, and koopa claw are the only moves you need. Perfect them.
Wrong.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
kind of a random question from a ness player, but i've been playing around with bowser a lot for fun, and couldn't quite pull off the timing of something i saw DJN do in a video...

when should i attempt the waveland on a side platform on yoshi's story after jumping from the edge? that is, when you use the jump option (not ledgehop) from the ledge on yoshi's, when should i try to waveland on the side platform he usually lands on? i have tried it relatively early and just as i land, but i can't quite seem to pull it off...but i know it's possible since i've seen DJN do it in a video. anyone have any advice? thanks in advance :D

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Q: Hey, I keep getting shield pressured too much when I try to approach Chars. such as Shiek, Falco, Fox and Marth. Any advice when playing an offensive game against them? I mean I try to fortress out of shield but they know where I do it, and I just can't rely on guessing where they'll land and follow with fortress. If I get it wrong I'm punished.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Q: Hey, I keep getting shield pressured too much when I try to approach Chars. such as Shiek, Falco, Fox and Marth. Any advice when playing an offensive game against them? I mean I try to fortress out of shield but they know where I do it, and I just can't rely on guessing where they'll land and follow with fortress. If I get it wrong I'm punished.
learn how to fortresshog from various lengths on various stages, and position yourself that when you get stuck in shield, you can UP OOS ad onto the ledge?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey I was wordering if anyone ever used the c-stick to get out of bowsers sheild it's uber easy to SHFFL with his C-stick, and yes I know I could just up-B. but it's really easy for bowser so maybe it is useful to someone.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well you coulda made that a little more clear. xP
I think SHFFL-ing is easy with every character.
Short hop, (attack), fast fall, hit L/R/Z. Done.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It can grab on the ground too, it's just a matter of being close enough.

I believe the grab frames are the same as the claw frames, just the spacing is different.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^This man knows how to play. Also, offstage koopakazes* (interrupting recoveries w/ the klaw is wicked fun)

*クパかぜ ほ ブザシェドよ り かこい です。**

**koopakaze is cooler than boozercide

Top Bottom