• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have a question, is dtilt good edge guard??
It's certainly an option, and it's harder to mistime because it hits twice. This can also help defend against techs. Depends on the character, really.

Bowser has a whole lot to work with, however, like B-Air, F-Tilt, and F-Smash.

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
thank you i was wondering since i have just mastered most of bowsers moves the problem i have been having is using the ftilit to edgeguard, so i was wondering of alternative....

ohh and is fire everusefull to use off the edge?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
thank you i was wondering since i have just mastered most of bowsers moves the problem i have been having is using the ftilit to edgeguard, so i was wondering of alternative....

ohh and is fire everusefull to use off the edge?
Certain characters' recoveries are forced to take a very high amount of damage because of their angle from below, like Captain Falcon or Falco.

Granted, that's assuming they come from below, but it can rack up considerable damage if you get them there. Situational, but it can work.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
re Doc:

Remember that you can jab his pills, and pretty much the match gets easier for you. Both characters have great gimping games, so you want to try to get doc off the edge, and at a relatively low angle--if he recovers from above, his recovery becomes somewhat decent.

Also, he can't cape your recovery, which although doesn't really matter, makes it harder in some situations for doc to edgeguard.

Watch out for his d-air, as I'm pretty sure it wrecks bowser's anti-air game, and instead stick to up-bing out of shield. In fact, bowser's fortress can really shut down doc's grab game (his other strength) if done at the right times.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
counterpick stages so you cant be camped, which is a majority of the strategy of bowser. yoshis story would be good. maybe even mute city or brinstar. keep it close.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Clanking is pretty much completely based on damage. Within eight or nine percent, it'll clank.

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
ahhh cool that will help, and counterpickin does help but i usally get stuck with at least one or two rounds of FD in a tourny and they usally cost me big... :(

Ohh does anyone have a vid that shows you wave land with bowser?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so I have to mm this noob with bowser. I do not play this character and I'm hoping that the skill gap would make me win. But I am absolutely terrible with bowser. This isn't too nooby, he can wd and sh and knows about other techs. He plays roy.

so my question is; Are there any tactics that bowser can spam that scrubs generally fall for?

like for pichu you can say spam nair and mewtwo dtilt. but bowser doesn't really have a quick move that i can take advantage of. Usually I just double jump fair spam and upb out of sheild. anything else i should do?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Abuse the Klaw, no one knows how to deal with it if they're not used to fighting him.
Macman I can show you stuff if we meet up ever.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
klaw is tooooo good but hard if you're brand new - but seriously though klaw is amazing.

keep it simple though he'll probably get frustrated with just up b and a few fairs here and there since he's apparently a noob

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight kevinm, thanks for the advice everyone else

so I was playing bowser against the randoms at my college, so he wouldn't be my weak spot when I did my 26 char mm. And this character is mad sexy, everything he does like screams gtfo the screen and is so fulfilling. I actually like waveland, and his claw throws are ill.

claw fthrow, sh uair, to regrab on FFers is sickkkk

claw is sexy in general

gimping spacies is also sick,

I might start actually playing bowser more seriously.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
There's always the "Hey, this character has potential" phase before you realize that the character sucks.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Bowser has some good points, but like... his bad points HURT.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey what is dair good for?

and bowser is terrible, come on pichu's f-smash has more range , speed , and knock-back and can be comboed into or used as edge guard (just a random pichu is better than someone speech)

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
There's always the "Hey, this character has potential" phase before you realize that the character sucks.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Bowser has some good points, but like... his bad points HURT.
My friend is in the middle of this phase with Bowser.

He still can't admit how bad Bowser is.

Its good he is recognizing his strengths.

But I wish he also just accepted his weaknesses too.

=/

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Learn to type coherently?

If you're asking what bowser's d-air is good for, the answer is "not much." It can be used to poke through weakened shields, and maybe intercept attacks from below you from people w/o disjointed hitboxes >_>

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
lol i am listening to you may right and it just said i may be insane. no i am a stalker (kidding) no every now in then someone keeps running into me and it's always a little weird and bowser's flaws are way easier to see size and slow and bad recovery and pichu has range and hurts self and light weight and everything else is great

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea my bowser phase lasted about a few hours, I got over him pretty quickly. Although I have a new found respect for people who play bowser and bowser in general.

Top Bottom