• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm willing to play some matches sometime later today. If anyone uses Noel, that'd be great lol. I just need to learn how to block against 6B, 3C, 6D, and that move where Noel goes to the other side of people. And I need to learn to block her 2D as a cross up.

Pretty much, I need to learn how to block against her. :laugh:
And learn what moves to use against her so I don't risk getting CH'd.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't know if you can block Assault Through when it crosses up, but if a Noel player whiffs it, that is so incredibly punishable. Or if you read it ahead of time, apparently, but I don't have that kind of reflexes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm willing to play some matches sometime later today. If anyone uses Noel, that'd be great lol. I just need to learn how to block against 6B, 3C, 6D, and that move where Noel goes to the other side of people. And I need to learn to block her 2D as a cross up.

Pretty much, I need to learn how to block against her. :laugh:
And learn what moves to use against her so I don't risk getting CH'd.
I would play, but I have to do some school work.

And I'm a dumb ***. I thought today was Friday, so I thought that Lizardlick was closing today. I'll probably order my stuff later, then. XD

Should I get the JLF-TP-8YT-SK or the JLF-TM-8T-SK? The first one says that it's a drop-in replacement for the madcatz stick.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I thought you already had a stick? I don't remember what those numbers correspond to, but get the Sanwa one that is compatible with the Madcatz SE.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I thought you already had a stick? I don't remember what those numbers correspond to, but get the Sanwa one that is compatible with the Madcatz SE.
I do already have a stick, lol. It's the default SE one, though.

Apparently they're the same exact thing, but one is drop-in installation or something like that.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, so I went to Lizardlick to check for myself, since I couldn't remember which one I bought. So, get the drop-in one: Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable. That's the one I have, and it's great. Feels very smooth, square gate (which is a must-have for me), and very responsive. Easy to mod too. :3c

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Okay, so I went to Lizardlick to check for myself, since I couldn't remember which one I bought. So, get the drop-in one: Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable. That's the one I have, and it's great. Feels very smooth, square gate (which is a must-have for me), and very responsive. Easy to mod too. :3c
Awesome, thanks! ^_^

Just how much better does it feel when compared to the SE stick?

Oh, and if anyone is interested in role playing on SWF:
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2324

Join this group.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It feels AMAZING. It's more responsive, has a smaller throw, is quieter, and generally, just feels a lot smoother.

Stick-wise, Sanwa is da bess. In my opinion, anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
B C D
A # #
"Guilty Gear Style"
I didn't know this was Guilty Gear style and I prefer this setup by far. Since my thumb is my "dominant finger" I can't afford to have the D button on there.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Fumajin is that unholy black orb that destroys all hope for Rachel when a projectile is cut by Hakumen.

Btw, Space Loop isn't nearly as hard as I initially thought. Thank you, enormous buffering window. Still hard, though. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Fumajin is that unholy black orb that destroys all hope for Rachel when a projectile is cut by Hakumen.
Ah, okay, I know what you mean now. Honestly, I didn't even know it had a name.

edit: I have version 1.01 patch now, so if any of you guys want to hit me up for some matches (though not necessarily challenging ones), drop me a line.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You need to set steins faster, dude. Every knockdown is a chance for oki. And don't set four steins every time. Set one or two, fire your laser, and then get in there.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My son is at grandma's house tonight, and my wife is having Girl's Night Out.

Who's up for a BB room around 9:30 EST? PS3, of course.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You need to set steins faster, dude. Every knockdown is a chance for oki. And don't set four steins every time. Set one or two, fire your laser, and then get in there.
They're called Steins? Lol.

I'll join in on the fun tonight. If anyone hasn't added me yet, I'm WerekillV.

Are we using mics, aim/msn, or skype?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
They're called Steins? Lol.

I'll join in on the fun tonight. If anyone hasn't added me yet, I'm WerekillV.

Are we using mics, aim/msn, or skype?
I'll be on AIM. My screenname is rgs10168

I added you. See you guys in a few.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good games! Jam can still wreck me. That's always good to see. ;) Sorry about that match, Minato. That lag was godawful, and the Rebel 2 screen just wasn't loading. I couldn't even back out; I had to turn off my PS3. :c

Should we critique each other? I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Should we critique each other? I'm always looking for ways to improve.
I'd like some critique, lol, but I'm not really good enough to critique anyone yet.

The only thing I didn't like about your Noel (what I saw of it, anyway) was that you kept trying to hit that Bang with jC (I think?). It seemed to be kinda predictable after a while.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Dunno if anyone's done or not, but is anyone game for some rounds??
I'm still online, what's your PSN?

Lythium- I'll write up some critiques later if you like. Feel free to share anything you noticed about my game as well (other than I suck against Bang)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good to know, thanks! I find I get a little predictable when I start losing. :urg:

Something for you:

- Noel: it's kinda hard to tell if I'm not there, but it seemed like you may have been mashing your drive a bit. There were quite a few times when you started a drive, and it would be something like: 2D > 6B > 6C > 6B > 2D. I do the same thing sometimes when the pressure starts getting to me. Anyway, it doesn't mix up well, and there are better alternatives. And I don't think I saw you end your drive combos with a special (for the most part). I would personally recommend Bloom Trigger because I think it is one of the better ones to use. It has good damage, and pushes your opponent far enough away (even if they're blocking, so it's mostly safe on block). Anyway, for your Noel, I would work on practicing one or two drive BnBs, and focus on your execution while you're doing it. I realize Noel sucks, and playing her is a guessing game, but I think that might really help. 5D is a decent poke, for Noel anyway, so give that a try.

- Lambda: I don't really have much for your Lambda. Um... this is something I learned the hard way when I played a lot of Nu, so I think it still applies: you need to move around. Your Lambda just hung out until your opponent came to you. Lambda seems like the type of character that can just sit there and throw out swords, but she can't. Never attack from the same position twice. And I don't mean backdashing either. Use her Act Parser for moving forward. And use Spike Chaser more, because it's awesome.

edit: Werekill, I would also recommend watching some vids of Japanese players. R-1 for Noel, and Reria for Lambda. I know the stuff that they do is crazy, but sometimes really obvious and simple things slip by for a long time. For example, I learned today that you can do a 6B with Noel on your opponent's wakeup. Seems obvious, but I didn't even notice until I saw R-1 do it.

edit2: Something for Jam too. :p

- Litchi: Geez. Hmm. When you were playing against Bang, I noticed you fishing for a j.C counterhit, and it was kind of predictable. He just kept jumping away whenever he saw it come out. Also, your j.B is GODLIKE, and you should use it more. Hmm, and no purple throws. You can get away with it online, I guess, but they're bad. :mad: Also, I know that Litchi's combos are freaking long, but after a while some of them blue-beated. I don't know if that's something you can fix, but I thought I would point it out.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Honestly, I probably should have completed more challenge mode, but I don't have the patience.

These are some of the drive combos that I use with Noel:
6D > 6B > 5C > 236D
5D > 6A > 6C > 236D or 214D
6A > 6C > j.D > 6D > 6B > 5C > 236D

Even a simple 2D > 623D works pretty well. Anyway, I like short combos, so those work really well for me. Give those a try. You can also learn this combo which goes into a drive BnB: 6B > 6C > 2C > 3C > 22C > (66 >) 6C > drive BnB. It's the same combo from CT, but the timing is a little different on it. (That's what I'm trying to relearn right now. :urg:)

But yeah, practice some of those. Or if they're not your style, head on over to Dustloop, and take a look at the Noel combo thread. You might find something there that suits you better.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good games! Jam can still wreck me. That's always good to see. ;) Sorry about that match, Minato. That lag was godawful, and the Rebel 2 screen just wasn't loading. I couldn't even back out; I had to turn off my PS3. :c
Sorry about that too. The lag shouldn't have been that bad. :(
Luckiy I was able to use my PS button to at least sign out though.

Thanks for the critique!

Are any combos in challenge mode worth learning? Also, is there a particular drive BnB that I should practice? I have no idea what any of them are.
I suggest going through them. You'll learn which drives chain to which so your opponent won't be able to block mid way through your combo.

And I seem to lag with everyone. :(
I stuck with my easier combos with Rachel this time around since I didn't want to risk dropping anything against Bang.

Kuraudo, we should play sometime for fun since I haven't played you yet.
Maybe tomorrow or some other time since I'm done for tonight.

Top Bottom