• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm up for some games today. I want to try out more of Makoto. I like using her. IMO, she feels similar to a GG character.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I would get Makoto, but 7 dollars for one character is pretty stiff, especially when this game just came out like, a week or two ago? She really should've came with the game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
She really should've came with the game.
Well, they finished the game several months ago, but it takes a long time for the final game to be approved. They started working on the dlc characters while they were waiting for it to be approved.

If thy had waited to put it on the disk, then we would have had to wait a couple more months for the game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Apparently, the parry loop is kinda like the haida loop.
Oh, that seems manageable then.

I've been on the other side of that before when I faced this one Tager a few times. Having Tager use Gadget Finger while I'm in the corner as Rachel is pretty much goodbye to half of my health.

It's a pretty scary guessing game for some characters.
Tager imo is very underrated in a lot of his matchups. Lambda is supposed to have at least a 6:4 advantage against him, but if she can't keep him out and he magnetizes or Busters her, it's very hard for her to come back.

Of course that's true of all Lambda's matchups I suppose.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've only gotten the Parry Loop to loop 3 times max. It's still kind of hard for me. The loop's pretty good considering how much heat you can get off of it and how easy it is to begin the loop.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's all a matter of adjusting to using a fight stick. Ugh. I'm gonna hafta be spending HOURS and HOURS at a time.

Hey, quick question for you guys.

I've kept the controls on default for the fightstick. Is it recommended I change the button layout? I know it's personal preference but I know I've seen the arcade cabinets have a different layout.

[EDIT]

I use a TE.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
It's all a matter of adjusting to using a fight stick. Ugh. I'm gonna hafta be spending HOURS and HOURS at a time.

Hey, quick question for you guys.

I've kept the controls on default for the fightstick. Is it recommended I change the button layout? I know it's personal preference but I know I've seen the arcade cabinets have a different layout.

[EDIT]

I use a TE.
you should set it arcade style so when you play in the arcade or on cab your use to playing that style

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Man I feel so bad for tager though.. I had to time him out with Hazama today, Like I can't get in. So I camped Drive Attack and when I did get in quick combo. To walkback and fourth and use 5D. Ugh I think Hazama vs tager is not in my favor if I dont play campy

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Got wrecked by my friend's Noel. She's pretty dangerous if the player knows what they're doing. I hate dealing with a player that uses Noel's drive the right way. Pretty frustrating. Once I get counterhit by Noel, there goes a good chunk of health. That happens a lot for me considering Rachel's priority on things...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Got wrecked by my friend's Noel. She's pretty dangerous if the player knows what they're doing. I hate dealing with a player that uses Noel's drive the right way. Pretty frustrating. Once I get counterhit by Noel, there goes a good chunk of health. That happens a lot for me considering Rachel's priority on things...
Yeah, she's ok when she's played right.

I'm actually probably going to main/secondary her and hope that she gets buffed. Right now she's one of my best characters.

Is Makoto worth 8 bucks? I just found a $20 psn card laying around.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I love makoto tbh, She is a very fun character. It's all up to you werekill

OMFG I FOUND A GLITCH IN MAKOTO'S ASTRAL I HIT NOEL IT DOES THE THING AND THE CPU IS STILL JUMPING AROUND LIKE SHE IS STILL FIGHTING WTF IS THIS ****.

Edit I have pics.

Sorry If they are blurry and big >.<

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, she's ok when she's played right.

I'm actually probably going to main/secondary her and hope that she gets buffed. Right now she's one of my best characters.
I end up getting drive juggled and hit into the corner while losing almost 5k health :(. Also she can deal over 3k from a throw. I'm pretty scared of her now. Plus she can use her drives to play things safe or gain invincibility on start up. 5D for invincibility and then use 4D to avoid getting hurt.

I hate Haida Loop now lol

But yeah, she's still not a really great character. But she's making my life a total nightmare when I'm Rachel. XD

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I end up getting drive juggled and hit into the corner while losing almost 5k health :(. Also she can deal over 3k from a throw. I'm pretty scared of her now. Plus she can use her drives to play things safe or gain invincibility on start up.

I hate Haida Loop now lol
Yeah, but she also can get wrecked by higher tier characters. Oh well, I love her whether she's bad or not.

What's the haida loop?

Gates

Banned via Warnings

[EDIT]

I use a TE.
I'll just say what works for me. I used to use the following control scheme:

A B C #
D # # S

Where # = unassigned. I'm trying to change to the following though to see how it works out:

# A B C
# D # S

Generally the most common configurations are (for 6 buttons only)

B C D
A # #
"Guilty Gear Style"

A B C
D # #
"MeltyBlood Style"

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't like how Ragna's hitboxes are akin to Snake's. Getting juggled by moves that don't even touch me is frustratingly stupid. -_-
Yes

Infernal Divider is stupid

Also, I like Makoto alot, but I'm not going to put any real time into her until I'm much more comfortable with the new Litchi.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My friend Kevin ordered CS a few days ago for the PS3.

It got here today and he came straight over.

Myself, him and my other friend Eoghan started playing......

Much to my dismay, the black Haku-men with white hair was gone so I chose the red with black hair.

OH MY GOD!

Haku-men has been made SOOOOOOO much better.

I don't even care if you guys don't believe me but I went 30-0 against them.

Blood red Haku-men brought the pain and I didn't even know all his specials till we went to challenge mode.

I think they broke Haku-men....seriously.

Hazama is pretty cool but I'm disappointed that Lambda is pretty much the same as Nu.

I couldn't be happier with this game.

Also Ragna's priority is gay as hell, even Haku-men's down+square sword attack gets out done by most of his moves.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Infernal Divider is stupid
Inferno Divider.

OH MY GOD!

Haku-men has been made SOOOOOOO much better.

I don't even care if you guys don't believe me but I went 30-0 against them.
[...]
I think they broke Haku-men....seriously.

Hazama is pretty cool but I'm disappointed that Lambda is pretty much the same as Nu.

I couldn't be happier with this game.
Hakumen has improved immensely but he's far from broken. He doesn't really have any notable bad matchups but he only has one matchup that's really good for him - Hazama (use a C move on his snakes and you'll know why). Matchup-wise, he's almost exactly as good as he should be imo (in fact he's a little better than he should be imo, but I don't want him to be nerfed or anything).

Lambda is not Nu. I wish Lambda was Nu because then her damage wouldn't suck without a Crescent Loop and her zoning game would be much better. But no, Lambda is not Nu.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
When I moved from CT Carl/Rachel to CS Carl/Rachel, I thought Hakumen was the most brokenest thing ever with that stupid Fumajin/4C/j.5C.

Then I used Tager and lol'd.
Then I used Bang and lol'd more.

Pikaville

With regard to Lambda I just meant she looks like Nu and has moves that look identical to Nu's.

Arakune's curse game has changed a good bit too, although I'm liking the few extra moves they gave him.

Oh and it wasn't just me spamming C attacks either, I was already pretty decent with CT Haku-men, he is just an absolute joy to use in comparison to his former self.

His new aerial slash is really good too IMO, great anti air move if timed correctly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Then your friend didn't know how to block and kept getting hit by C or whatever.
This too. No offense to your friends but if you were seriously able to go 30-0 with any character they probably suck at 2D fighters.

Pikaville

No, I'm just amazing at them.

Fighting games are my thing, especially when you favorite character is significantly buffed from the previous installment.

I never used anyone apart from Arakune and Haku-men in CT.Arakune I feel has been slightly nerfed, but this is certaintly not the case with Haku-men.

It was pretty even in CT too.(with slightly more victories in my favour)

Even if they had just made Haku-men faster and nothing else, I'd still be laughing all the way to the victory bank.(His astral heat is jokishly easy to do now too)

Oh and my drive counter timing is godly.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with her. Noel 4 lyfe! High five!

Haida loop shenanigans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYB4VLheypg
-high five!-

That loop seems kinda impractical, tbh.

Here's what I think I will do with my buttons (Terrible image is terrible because I was tired):

I can't decide between the solid yellow, meshball yellow, or bubbly yellow balltop.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, that loop is totally impractical. Needs way too many things to set up, and you can burst out of it anyway.

Hmm, I think adding a bit of texture would be nice. I vote yellow meshball or bubbly.

Top Bottom