• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sorry about that too. The lag shouldn't have been that bad. :(
Luckiy I was able to use my PS button to at least sign out though.
Haha, no worries. It was really weird that it lagged so much though. :(

I suggest going through them. You'll learn which drives chain to which so your opponent won't be able to block mid way through your combo.
Minato is right. If you have the patience to do challenge mode, then it's definitely worth doing. I don't though, 'cause I'm a lazy scrub.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish I could show you guys my friend's Noel. I feel so overwhelmed fighting him. It's just so scary. lol

Werekill, for Noel, her strategy is aiming for Counter Hits, getting a throw, or hope they can't block overheads or lows (like me :laugh:). Doing 5D is actually very smart since there's a invincibility which gives you that CH that you might need. If they block, play it safe and use 4D to move back since they shouldn't be able to do anything. Learn your Chain Revolver combos and combos off of throws since Noel can do pretty good damage.

I don't suggest using 2D too much since it's not an overhead now and it's slow. One good thing it's useful for is where they're trying to grab or poke you, but instead get hit by your 2D. It can also cross up people but I can't remember how that happens.

You don't need to learn the most devastating combos yet. But just learn parts of her combos and then you'll eventually learn how to drive juggle and combine them.

Edit: And yes, Lythium is right. Watch some vids like from R-1. R-1's so good with Noel.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good games, Jam. Horray for me winning the last one on account of online and major sandbaggage (out of...20+ matches? lol). It was fun!

Now to keep practicing linking **** together. lol Oh god. Litchi is SCARY. lmao

[EDIT]

Minato, I'd be down for some games some time. I dunno if I'll be busy tomorrow or not. But it'd be fun!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games everyone.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNm6-4B9CHE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNm6-4B9CHE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Entertaining, but...it's Tager.

EDIT-No sandbags Kuraudo, that was a legit win.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Jam, your Litchi is still good and I feel shut down once I'm cornered.
I almost got one round down but you didn't fall for my j.2C. I was hoping you'd block it so I could Rapid Cancel it but you didn't.

Also, I noticed I need to follow up whenever I get a CH from the Cat Chair.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Really? Well, WOOT! ... I still won like a scrub. XD Once I adjust to the use of a stick and actual combos I might actually give you a better challenge.

Minato, i feel the same way. It's when I'm cornered that I'm screwed. XD Litchi is SUCH a scary character. lol

The best that I can hope for is to score a 5B and maybe if I'm good enough on the timing follow up with Hell's Fang to reset the situation. But even that's hard as balls. lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thanks, but I really need to learn her new bnbs. I'm still doing the old ones and relying on her damage buffs. I still haven't even finished her trials :(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I gotta master using Inferno Divider. Especially in a combo. Challenge 3 for me is a *****. Matching the 5B to Inferno Divider combination after the throw to Gauntlet Hades...gah. Idk what's with me. But the timing is tight. Probably getting used to a fightstick. I've gotta finish the trials too. Hahah.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I gotta master using Inferno Divider. Especially in a combo. Challenge 3 for me is a *****. Matching the 5B to Inferno Divider combination after the throw to Gauntlet Hades...gah. Idk what's with me. But the timing is tight. Probably getting used to a fightstick. I've gotta finish the trials too. Hahah.
Luckily in BBCS, Ragna doesn't need to go for Inferno Divider combos.
Belial Edge or whatever is really good and it's easy to set those up.

I always had problems comboing after Inferno Divider in CT, and luckily I don't have to worry about them in CS too much.

But yeah, just take things slow with the fight stick when you're trying to get used to it. Even if you messed up the combo, try to do the input anyway, but do it real slowly. And then slowly do it faster each time until it becomes a combo.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The only time I wanna use Inferno Divider, the C version or something, is when I'm gonna punch them into the wall and then combo into 5B -> 6A and proceed from there with the typical belial edge combo. XD;

Still. Challenge 3 is a pain in the ***.

[EDIT]

!

Oh man! I just thought of a pretty kickass combo. If I wanted to, I could actually use this to get out of the corner AND I wouldn't have to reset the situation either!

Instead of something leading into Hell's Fang to push someone back, I'll start with something like,

5B -> 5C -> Hell's Fang (1st Hit) -> Rapid Cancel -> 5B (skippable if I'm not close enough to follow up with...) -> 6A -> Air 5C -> 5D -> 5C/D -> Belial Edge -> Ground 5D or 6D if they're in the corner followed by--yeah I think you get the point. Bonus points if I build up enough heat to finish off with Carnage Scissors.

Hmm... Or in the midst of that if I have enough heat for it built up I activate Blood Kain for some serious damage... Ahhh the possibilities are vast! Ragna is way too fun.

[EDIT #2]

...too bad that you can't combo Belial Edge into Black Onslaught. It turns into a blue beat if the person doesn't block after.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
@Werekill

Something I just remembered while reading Minato's comments. I saw you using your 3C a lot, especially against that Bang, but never comboing into it. Try 2C instead. If you get a 2C to hit, you can combo into 3C. Also, if your opponent blocks, 2C is +1 on block, so it's still safe. I wouldn't recommend just throwing out 3C randomly because it's terrible unsafe (-18 on block) and extremely punishable.

edit: Also, something I meant to ask earlier. If anyone could be so kind as to critique my Noel or Hakumen, I would greatly appreciate it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Oh man! I just thought of a pretty kickass combo. If I wanted to, I could actually use this to get out of the corner AND I wouldn't have to reset the situation either!

Instead of something leading into Hell's Fang to push someone back, I'll start with something like,

5B -> 5C -> Hell's Fang (1st Hit) -> Rapid Cancel -> 5B (skippable if I'm not close enough to follow up with...) -> 6A -> Air 5C -> 5D -> 5C/D -> Belial Edge -> Ground 5D or 6D if they're in the corner followed by--yeah I think you get the point. Bonus points if I build up enough heat to finish off with Carnage Scissors.
Pretty good if you thought of that yourself. Because that combo actually works.
I've seen the Japanese player, Kaqn, use that sometimes.

I'd watch out for Blood Kain though. Activate it only during the combo and continue that same combo with it.
As a Rachel main, I usually just burst and lobelia them after their health drains.

...too bad that you can't combo Belial Edge into Black Onslaught. It turns into a blue beat if the person doesn't block after.
Actually, you can. Just do 5D after Belial Edge in the corner and activate Black Onslaught. Although, you can only do this after the first Belial Edge. If you try doing this after the second, they'll be able to tech out of 5D quickly.

It's kind of hard to pull it off since starting a combo with the opponent's health at 35 percent is almost going to kill them when you're using Ragna. :laugh:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
THANKS! I'll have to practice Black Onslaught after Belial Edge -> 5D then. I've always loved that Astral Heat. Best looking one in the game, imo.

And yeah, I thought of that combo myself. I just need to put it to use. I kinda wanna use it against Jam Stunna if I'm stuck in the corner and I manage to score a 5B, see how much the tides turn. XD Kaqn is my inspiration for using Ragna. That, and Ragna's the only character I actually took the time to actually learn combos for instead of spam driving with Noel & ice car w/ Jin when I first started.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@Werekill

Something I just remembered while reading Minato's comments. I saw you using your 3C a lot, especially against that Bang, but never comboing into it. Try 2C instead. If you get a 2C to hit, you can combo into 3C. Also, if your opponent blocks, 2C is +1 on block, so it's still safe. I wouldn't recommend just throwing out 3C randomly because it's terrible unsafe (-18 on block) and extremely punishable.

edit: Also, something I meant to ask earlier. If anyone could be so kind as to critique my Noel or Hakumen, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

I think I gave you some critique on the last page, but since I'm not very good, take it with a grain of salt.

I just won my first ranked match after a bit of practice! I lost the first round, but then I won both of the last two with half of my health remaining.

The guy messaged me and said that I got lucky. :laugh:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I feel like, Hazama is terrible vs Tager Idk why lol. Also Im loving makoto even more cause I honestly think she has potential being a high or top tier

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I've been playing her as my main. Trust me, she's up there. Amazing pressure, decent pokes, great damage, awesome mixups (214A~B crosses up and the opponent doesn't autocorrect when they jump?!), and what may be the best Super in the game. I'm not sure when her Big Bang Smash comes out, but it punishes everything. Full screen. I feel so happy punishing tech rolls with it, lol.

btw, I don't have much Hazama experience as Tager, but I assume you could confront him the same way a lot of people do. Camp him. Not strict camping necessarily because Sledge/Spark Bolt will catch you at some point. You just gotta know when to approach, but make sure everything is on your terms. They always are against Tager after all. Good thing to remember too, the timer is almost always your greatest ally in this matchup. I don't play Hazama, so I can only give general advice, but the rest of the cast treat him this way too. Few things make you feel more helpless than Tager vs. Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hmm, the taunt loop is really going to be a pain for me to get down. :urg:

Anyways, there's a blurry screenshot of Valkenhayn out. I didn't expect him to look like this, but I guess it fit's with the werewolf thing.
People are saying he's set for a September release.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I've been playing her as my main. Trust me, she's up there. Amazing pressure, decent pokes, great damage, awesome mixups (214A~B crosses up and the opponent doesn't autocorrect when they jump?!), and what may be the best Super in the game. I'm not sure when her Big Bang Smash comes out, but it punishes everything. Full screen. I feel so happy punishing tech rolls with it, lol.

btw, I don't have much Hazama experience as Tager, but I assume you could confront him the same way a lot of people do. Camp him. Not strict camping necessarily because Sledge/Spark Bolt will catch you at some point. You just gotta know when to approach, but make sure everything is on your terms. They always are against Tager after all. Good thing to remember too, the timer is almost always your greatest ally in this matchup. I don't play Hazama, so I can only give general advice, but the rest of the cast treat him this way too. Few things make you feel more helpless than Tager vs. Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan.
Man I just hate getting negative warnings when I try to avoid using my barrier or blocking. But I Do time out tagers alot. Spark bolt is annoying sometimes cause they catch me on a back dash and I get like 45% when he hits me and does the usual Tager stuff. Also I can't use 5D alot due to tagers 324B or reverse dragon punch B move where he charges his Bolt. The way i see this match in any cause is to not get hit by his magnetism crap or else you're gonna take more then half your life and Never be next to him cause his 360 Grab does about almost 1/2 to hazama. As Ragna I had no problem besides him back dashing to avoid my stuff but i baited the back dashes and ran in to either grab or 2A etc. to Relial edge combo you know that standard ragna combo

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Silly question: why would ever try to avoid blocking? I mean, I can understand not wanting to use your barrier up or entering danger scenarios, but regular blocking?

I don't get it. :054:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Silly question: why would ever try to avoid blocking? I mean, I can understand not wanting to use your barrier up or entering danger scenarios, but regular blocking?

I don't get it. :054:
Its silly I know but I dont want to lose my 4 primer guards or whatever they are called I noticed that tager can take those down pretty quick. Im a typical Evasive Player I only use blocking as a last choice So I try to avoid stuff majority of the time.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Heh, I was looking at the PSN leaderboards last night, and the top ranked player is a level 61 Noel. Assuming he got the Japanese release, how that person managed to play 3,000 matches in a little over a month is beyond me.

EDIT- Also (PTZR), you should change that avatar. An SMod is going to ask you to eventually, so just save yourself the trouble.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Heh, I was looking at the PSN leaderboards last night, and the top ranked player is a level 61 Noel. Assuming he got the Japanese release, how that person managed to play 3,000 matches in a little over a month is beyond me.
I just noticed that, lol.

It might be a hacked score or some guy who locked himself in his basement for a month. :laugh:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Its silly I know but I dont want to lose my 4 primer guards or whatever they are called I noticed that tager can take those down pretty quick. Im a typical Evasive Player I only use blocking as a last choice So I try to avoid stuff majority of the time.
But wouldn't it be better to lose four guard primers and potentially eat some damage from the guard break rather than losing the match because you didn't block?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SfQUG7R4XcM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SfQUG7R4XcM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2:40-3:33 = MIND BLOWN

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyways, there's a blurry screenshot of Valkenhayn out. I didn't expect him to look like this, but I guess it fit's with the werewolf thing.
People are saying he's set for a September release.
I sure wasn't expecting him to look like that in battle. I thought he would stay in that pose he's always been in. Maybe he'll end up being a really cool character. I didn't like Makoto at first, but I've grown to like her play style.
LOL. Anyone else think Makoto is the most adorable thing in the world?
Until Platinum comes along and becomes available for DL...
As Ragna I had no problem besides him back dashing to avoid my stuff but i baited the back dashes and ran in to either grab or 2A etc. to Relial edge combo you know that standard ragna combo
I wouldn't do that. A good Tager can actually pull off a 360 after that backdash. But if he doesn't... I guess you're fine.
Guard Primers can only be taken down by specific moves. So even if you're at one guard primer, use your barrier to defend when you see those moves coming. Using barrier with one guard primer will eat up more of the barrier gauge though, but I think it'll prevent you from getting guard crushed.

Edit: And also try Instant Blocking whenever you can. You won't decrease GP on some occasions.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SfQUG7R4XcM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SfQUG7R4XcM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2:40-3:33 = MIND BLOWN
........ well I know somebody's getting a nerf in the re-balance patch. LMAO

Yaya

Smash Champion
My thoughts on Valkenhayn is that he seems to have a purple meter above his heat meter. I think that might fill up overtime and when it reaches the top you revert to your younger self and are more agile, it then begins to deplete slowly after that.

Or it could work like Blood Kain, I have no idea.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh trust me, Jam. I've followed Kaqn. He's my favorite BlazBlue player. And I learn stuff all the time from watching him. 5D is SUCH a good move.

[EDIT]

Truth be told, it's actually my goal and dream (as far as fighting games are concerned, lol IRL stuff is cool too) to become just like him. The Ragna. If anything, the Ragna of Canada or North America. And from there, the best of the country. I got a long ways to go, but I can do it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Kaqn also plays a bunch of other characters. Though I primarily see him using Jin or Hakumen otherwise.

Ragna is his go-to guy though for getting **** done.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I remember in GG when Kaqn used Order Sol. Sadly he didn't have the same results when he went Tsubaki, even if their play styles sound somewhat alike :(. I'd like to see some nice buffs for Tsubaki once the patch rolls out. She really needs it, IMO.

Top Bottom