• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good games all around! I had a lot of fun. Your Rachel is sick, Minato. And as for Litchi, Jam... Still scares the eff outta me. lmao

I feel kinda bad for getting away with what I do online, but I gotta super jump my Belial Edge combos. Minato showed that pretty **** nicely. XD I'll get better with time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Jam Stunna and Kuraudo. My internet has been getting worse and worse lately. Sorry guys.
I'm going to try and configure some of my settings so I won't be slowing down matches whenever I play you guys. I think I might've changed something when I tried to get GGPO working awhile ago.

I have problems with using Makoto online, but I'd like to use her more once I find out what's wrong with my router lately.

And Kuraudo, nice Ragna. Only thing I suggest is do j.C j.D j.C and then Belial Edge. Doing another j.D won't make the combo work.

Your Ragna is better than mine since you're better at taking advantage of different situations. Whenever I use him, I always hope my 5B works and do the one BnB I know how to do with Ragna. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man. What sucks is that I totally know that but I end up getting too excited when I'm pulling a combo off. I think I only got Belial Edge on you ONCE out of so many opportunities. I need to get quicker with cancelling the 5D to land a 6A. Practice makes perfect and I know I'll do a lot better.

Thanks for the encouragement! I gotta slow down and get quicker. ...such a contradiction. XD

I see Kaqn use j.C -> j.D -> j.D -> Belial Edge some times too. I think j.D and j.C are switchable. God I need to get the buffer time online down too. The times that I got a throw and tried to get Blood Kain to work? Oh well. Practice is practice. And Makoto is so fun to fight against! Then again Rushdown vs. Rushdown is fun anyway.

[EDIT]

I got edit-ninja'd. But PFFFFT. I think not. Probably a modesty game, but really, you did hope that your 5B worked, but the fact that you can actually DO the BnB with him more consistently is what brought you to whipping my *** in the first place. XD Yours is better for now, but I just gotta refine getting the BnBs down. THEN maybe I could accept saying my Ragna is better.

...also, lmao that Noel vs. Litchi match was an embarrassment. XDD I messaged him as fast as I could on the stick saying, "wrong char lol"

Sucks that you can't go back once you've accidentally selected someone online. Unless I'm missing something. B\

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, it really does suck that you can't go back on character select.

The other guy playing with us is a friend of mine that goes by P.O.F. here. He's trying to choose a main now, and I wanted him to see some other people play. I've strongly encouraged him to choose Hakumen as his main.

Good games guys. Sometimes I feel bad doing that staff-less 5c>j.b>j.c loop because it does so much damage and is so easy my son can do it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah I saw that! I definitely say he should use Hakumen. With time and practice they'll land some killer combo stuff too. And that's when Hakumen gets freaky. The guy was good at the counters.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
George XIII with wind: because he slides along the ground on his belly.

Tao's taunt: enough said.

Noel's grab when whiffed: because she goes "HUH?"

Makoto's astral: because of the face she makes (X3).

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Bangs intro Obv BY THE SWEAT OF MY BROW I.... I... EVIL DOERS WILL BE PUNISHED.
Oh and Cute stuff. When rachel wins Gii jump on nago's tail. Makoto's anything. Jin saying Nisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Hazama's Intro vs Litchi.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry I uad to leave, Minato, but my dad started arguing with me and made me turn off the ps3.

That's also why I was playing so badly. XD
No problem. Next mine you're on, we should play some more. Karasu and I were using lots of random characters earlier for fun.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm making some homemade french fries and teriyaki chicken strips. Dinner should be awesooome. When I'm done, I'd be down for some playing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess no one plays on 360? :/

Also, IMPORTANT SUBJECT: What is the cutest move in Blazblue? I propose Makoto's j.2C or George XIII
I play the 360 version, just that I need to renew my Live to play online which should be soon. Also I vote that Rachel's crouch for cutest move... crouching is a move right? =P

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Ah, I finally got my hands on Continuum Shift.

From the get-go, I wanted to play as Hakumen because I liked his design, unfortunately, I suck horribly with him, so I had to give him up.

Another character I liked just from looking at him was Hazama, I played as him and not only can I use him decently, he is also stupidly fun to play as. I just need to get done with that Air C-C-C-C-C jump cancel nonsense down and I should almost be set. Also, HOUTENJIN

I actually gave Jin a try because my brother suggested I play as him. His alright, and plus, lolicecars. Anyway, I haven't played him much at all, but I think I'll play as him.

Finally, Rachel, who I heard is horrible in this game. However, I gave her a shot, and my god is she fun to play as. Though she'll need an extreme amount of practice, I will definitely play as her.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
SBO qualifiers are up!

A-1 Block - To-i (Lambda) / Noze (Hazama)
A-2 Block - Nao (Litchi) / Tokiwa (Arakune)

B-1 Block - Kyaku (Carl) / Souji (Arakune)
B-2 Block - Blacky (Litchi) / Kouya (Noel)
B-3 Block - Buppa (Hazama) / Dio (Carl)
B-4 Block - Masutani (Bang) / Len (Jin)
B-5 Block - Hima (Arakune) / Dora (Bang)
B-6 Block - Jin (Bang) / Furan (Litchi)
B-7 Block - Akihabara Eddie Akira (Litchi) / Inoue (Arakune)
B-8 Block - Satoshi "Akuto" (Bang) / Hiroshi (Jin)
B-9 Block - Hekisamecharen (Litchi) / Kasumi (Bang)
B-10 Block - Kaqn (Ragna) / Dennou (Bang)
B-11 Block - Goro (Lambda) / Fumo (Arakune)
B-12 Block - Kya Ro Barieeru (Litchi) / Hayate (Hazama)

C-1 Block - Uisura (Taokaka) / Mame (Ragna)
C-2 Block - Tsujikawa (Taokaka) / Chou (Litchi)
C-3 Block - Himajin (Litchi) / ANG (Bang)
C-4 Block - SUB (Tager) / Donchan (Litchi)

D-1 Block - Shounen (Litchi) / Eesuke (Carl)
D-2 Block - Nezu (Bang) / Ranrebo (Carl)

E-1 Block - Eru (Bang) / Kogatan (Jin)
E-2 Block - Keshigomu (Noel) / Gucchi (Arakune)
E-3 Block - Nosuke (Arakune) / Gakusei (Hakumen)

F-1 Block - Gekiwa (Bang) / Mikami (Litchi)
F-2 Block - Shirapi (Litchi) / Shingo (Bang)
F-3 Block - Makoto (Bang) / Naoya (Litchi)

Hong Kong Block - stunedge (Jin) / jiang (Bang)
PZ Block - Kensou (Bang) / Kid Viper (Hazama)
Arcade UFO Block - GMMA_Jan (Tager) / Hsien Chang (Ragna)

I'm particularly excited for Buppa/Dio and Kaqn/Dennou. :3c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Uhm.... A BIT!?

lmao It's a bit of a pain. Buncha tier whores is what they are. Hahah. Nah, respect for those that play to win. It's what competition is about. And I do use Ragna, after all.

... Litchi is so scary though. I like fighting Bang.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, some of them have played those characters from the beginning (Blacky, Shounen, Dora, Nezu). But yeah, it's madness how many people are repping those top tiers. Not a lot of Ragna players though.

I'm also really disappointed that Dennou switched to Bang. I don't want him to be the next Shadow. :c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, the lack of Ragna surprises me. But, I kind of like that. I may be trying to be like Kaqn as a wrecking Ragna, but there's not that many so I won't just be "another one of those Ragna players"

Hahah.

I've thought about picking up Bang, but only because I love his character. It's hilarious that he's so amazing in this game.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Although I love Bang (a lot), he doesn't "stick" with me, if you know what I mean. I know how to play little bits and pieces of him, but it's not as exciting. With Noel, I actually feel awesome playing.

I really can't play with anyone else. Her and Tager, lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess no one plays on 360? :/

Also, IMPORTANT SUBJECT: What is the cutest move in Blazblue? I propose Makoto's j.2C or George XIII
I do. It's surprising how few 360 players there are here.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I pretty sure that PS3 is the standard for many fighting game communities.

That might explain the lower number 360 players you find.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I pretty sure that PS3 is the standard for many fighting game communities.

That might explain the lower number 360 players you find.
This is the biggest reason why I stongly consider quitting tournaments every day. :(

I'm looking up a guide on how to mod a 360 controller for PS3 because 360 controller is, imo, one of the best controllers of all time. Not being a Microsoft fanboy; I just think the controller is very solid. At the very least, could Sony please, at least, release a controller with the analogue stick where the pad is?

I do. It's surprising how few 360 players there are here.
We oughtta get some games in some time. Blazblue/Super, Idk.

XBL: X_the_Derp

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm looking up a guide on how to mod a 360 controller for PS3 because 360 controller is, imo, one of the best controllers of all time. Not being a Microsoft fanboy; I just think the controller is very solid. At the very least, could Sony please, at least, release a controller with the analogue stick where the pad is?
I actually use the pad more than the stick. :/

I finished my homework! ^_^

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Here in MI the tourney scene is actually mostly Xbox. I'm in the minority of PS3 owners.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
I'm tempted to make it my menu music for my copy of Brawl. LOL
i already have it as my menu theme lol.

anyway is anyone having a hard time fighting good ragnas? whenever i fight him i just cant get enough time to do anything and the only way i can atleast touch him is when i can predict his next move right. besides that i'm just a sandbag with glasses.

o and i use tager btw.

also if irc i heard guys at dustloop say the top 3 can deal more damage in their comboes than tager.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
i already have it as my menu theme lol.

anyway is anyone having a hard time fighting good ragnas? whenever i fight him i just cant get enough time to do anything and the only way i can atleast touch him is when i can predict his next move right. besides that i'm just a sandbag with glasses.

o and i use tager btw.

also if irc i heard guys at dustloop say the top 3 can deal more damage in their comboes than tager.
Tager is a big and easy target for me, so combo'ing is a lot easier IMO.

I'm a Ragna player myself. I wouldn't call myself good, but I'll be one of those soon enough. We should play some time.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
God I love Makoto's moveset.

It's a shame she has to be a ****ing furry as well as a *****. I wish she was some fat dude so noone would fanboy over him and/or use him.

Top Bottom