• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

As long as you sound confidant enough, it doesn't matter how hypocritical your message is. And on the off-chance someone points it out, you just tell them that its irrelevant or that you're also working on it.

Notra

Smash Ace
Who's going to vegas? Sounds fun as ****. FB chat me if you are seriously considering(I'll forget to come back on SB). I want to go and will be 21 by then. Thanks

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I mean, you already picked up the ICs chaingrabs pretty fast. Now just learn the other stuff and you're good to go. Study ChuDat and Trail!

What's The Point

Smash Master
We're going to play smash and card games in a basement.

So you could say we're pretty into basketball.

Composer posting reminds me. I actually have my own cards to bring.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm bringing Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh decks as well as my triwing and spare parts bag for those of you who need fixings of your controllers. I might watch people play MtG because I might be getting a job at a card shop that will be doing tournaments and they want me to start learning MtG.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I'm coming at like 5-6. Maybe earlier idk yet. I hope you guys weren't planning on being done at 8 or something. If there's a mini tourney y'all should wait for me

Stewwy how far above sea level is your house? Hopefully it's low enough. I go so low.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, if you work at a card shop you literally NEED to know MtG ****. They make up like 70% of all cardplayers at most shops, and being able to recommend **** for various decks and sound like an authoritative voice on the stuff is extremely important.

Everyone at GYGO in AA plays at least 4 formats of M:tG and are always down to talk about what they think about the metagames and even play games with customers during down (or not so down) time.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
What about "Super KoolOriBro's Fantastic Kawaii~Uguu Hack n Slash Lawn n Cut Service: The Musical"?

That will always happen. Under the table jobs are beast

What card shop? Does it have space to host a Smash tourney?

Sports Card Central, currently its at 14 Mile and Orchard Lake in West Bloomfield. I'm friends with the owner and the guy who does the hiring. They told me I'm #1 on their get employed list if they move to this bigger building its about a mile down from where they currently are. If it is big enough, I would definitely host Smash Tourneys there.

Yeah, if you work at a card shop you literally NEED to know MtG ****. They make up like 70% of all cardplayers at most shops, and being able to recommend **** for various decks and sound like an authoritative voice on the stuff is extremely important.

Everyone at GYGO in AA plays at least 4 formats of M:tG and are always down to talk about what they think about the metagames and even play games with customers during down (or not so down) time.
Yup, I'm a quick learner so I'll hopefully be able to get this down fast.

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean. You'll def be able to get a handle on the basics of magic fast, 'cause you'll inevitably get obsessed with it once you start. But to get down to a true understanding of all the intricacies of the game would take a reeeeally long time.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Sports card central doesn't really have much magic. You'll be fine Kalle. They sell packs but they don't do events. I don't think the dci recognizes them as a sanctioned venue. I highly doubt you'll need to know much. Other than what packs are old and what aren't.

But yeah roller is right. To work at an mtg shop takes a whole lot of knowledge. Gotta go low

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sports card central doesn't really have much magic. You'll be fine Kalle. They sell packs but they don't do events. I don't think the dci recognizes them as a sanctioned venue. I highly doubt you'll need to know much. Other than what packs are old and what aren't.

But yeah roller is right. To work at an mtg shop takes a whole lot of knowledge. Gotta go low

They plan on becoming Sanctioned if they get the new building. They wanna do MtG, Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh tourneys since most people have to go a distance to play.

fZk

Smash Lord
They plan on becoming Sanctioned if they get the new building. They wanna do MtG, Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh tourneys since most people have to go a distance to play.
I'm a big sports cards collector (Basketball) and have been in the hobby for 15+ years, hook me up with that employee discount.

Top Bottom