• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
Or they could all go to stewy's house.

Also Beegs lives in Royal Oaks, which is near Tech and then 30 minutes from West Bloomfield (Ori) and Livonia (stewy). Just pointing this out because we all ignored him.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah guys, I recommend taking Beegs up on his offer. Great guy, good player looking to get caught up with the current metagame, show him some love MI.

:phone:

Beegs

Smash Apprentice
Haha I just checked back not to see if anyone replied and found out quickly what the verdict was. It's not a big deal if I live to far away.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Or they could all go to stewy's house.

Also Beegs lives in Royal Oaks, which is near Tech and then 30 minutes from West Bloomfield (Ori) and Livonia (stewy). Just pointing this out because we all ignored him.
I mean yeah, but WuvS parents are giving us free food for 2 days :L

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok. So. If Gio still wants to go to FNM and draft, I'll be doing that on Friday evening. However I wouldn't have to be there until 6, so I'm still free to play with AA people Friday afternoon.

EDIT: SORRY WTP. I texted you instead of somebody else by mistake. Then I forgot about your text limit thingy when I clarified. My bad. =/

fZk

Smash Lord
Ok. So. If Gio still wants to go to FNM and draft, I'll be doing that on Friday evening. However I wouldn't have to be there until 6, so I'm still free to play with AA people Friday afternoon.

EDIT: SORRY WTP. I texted you instead of somebody else by mistake. Then I forgot about your text limit thingy when I clarified. My bad. =/
Kevin has a limit on his text messages? I'm gonna sign him up for daily cat facts.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Beegs would be the closest sf to me since tech hosted, but I can't do weekdays

:phone:

starting next friday ill probably start going to teh drafts and pot-filling. its like 15 or something to enter right?

Roller

Smash Legend
We should legit have a smasher only draft one night.

Wait. NEXT LORDY TOURNEY!?!?! Everyone could just show up Friday night and we could draft/play/trade.

Yes. I did just invite everyone to Lordy's place to stay the night without even asking him.

Roller

Smash Legend
Your definition of "Magic" does not sound broad enough.

(Though I agree, and the girls who tend to play M:tG certainly ARE broad enough for the both of you.)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol roller except I was talking to someone who knew you freshman year and she said you were hella weird always following her and her friends around

What's The Point

Smash Master
Roller what set is GYGO using for drafts? Is it Innistrad like the site says? If there is no smash I think I'll go to the draft, but I want to look up the valuable cards just in case.

Roller

Smash Legend
lol that is def not updated. They'll be using Gatecrash.

That being said. Your time would probably be better spent analyzing literature on drafting mentality, than on set specifics. There's a lot of intricacies to the format that it is important to be cognoscente of. Reading the table, knowing when to switch colors (people are far too afraid to do this and **** themselves for it routinely), being aware of the curve in your drafted cardpool at any given point (during the drafting), and being aware of what signals you are sending to the people sitting around you (and the ramifications of sending those signals).

If you can fully grasp those concepts, the set specifics become small potatoes. You really just need to be aware of the common removal spells and instant speed tricks that could otherwise take you by surprise.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I think you are overestimating how much I care. I just want to play some card games.

Also I meant $ when I said valuable. I wouldn't want to pass a good card to the shmuck next to me.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo Brian, I dunno when this Stewyfest is, but remember that I need you at the SWEET X venue by 11am this Saturday lol.

lol that is def not updated. They'll be using Gatecrash.

That being said. Your time would probably be better spent analyzing literature on drafting mentality, than on set specifics. There's a lot of intricacies to the format that it is important to be cognoscente of. Reading the table, knowing when to switch colors (people are far too afraid to do this and **** themselves for it routinely), being aware of the curve in your drafted cardpool at any given point (during the drafting), and being aware of what signals you are sending to the people sitting around you (and the ramifications of sending those signals).

If you can fully grasp those concepts, the set specifics become small potatoes. You really just need to be aware of the common removal spells and instant speed tricks that could otherwise take you by surprise.
WTP may not care, but I care enough that I'd read stuff if people told me, or more preferrebly linked me, to the stuff I should be reading

What's The Point

Smash Master
Top Bottom