• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
Panel members, check the PR group. Quick question we need to answer. Should only take a sec.

Also. Marco. Hawwwwwwwt. :woman:

What build are you using? 'cause there are a TON of different ways that deck is going right now

Roller

Smash Legend
Modern is actually terrible, atm. I see potential for it to become legit. However it needs more time to build up a larger cardpool, and the DCI needs to stop with this uber aggro banlist. It's ********.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Which day works the best for people Friday or Saturday?

I'm perfectly fine with either day tbh, but personally I would prefer Saturday. We would obviously be able to get more hours in since some people have work/school Friday.

Roller

Smash Legend
Hard to say. I currently have no plans for either day. But apparently a friend of mine may want to hit up a party sometime this weekend. So hopefully if that happens it's either Thursday night or whichever night we don't pick.

But.

WAY MORE IMPORTANTLY.

Kevin. Text me your family's HBO Go password/info ASAP. My mom has no idea what ours is for our hbo subscription at home, and you can see next weeks episode of GIRLS early, starting tonight.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: WTP is an amazing person.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Haha is HBO Go abusable like Netflix is? My three roommates and I just share one Netflix account, and sometimes all of us are streaming different shows at the same time lol.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Roller ill send you the decklist when it's ready. Tezzeret of course. But I decided to run 4 inkmouth nexus

Legacy doesn't have to be expensive. Affinity decks for example are really cheap actually. In legacy there are some really helpful commons and uncommons while in standard you usually just run all the most expensive cards together in a deck. Obviously some legacy decks are ridiculously expensive but not all. Elves, goblins, Merfolk, storm etc. none are that expensive. Obviously disregarding lands. But it's not like your deck will be unplayable with fetches and shocks instead of real dual lands.

Idk about modern quite yet. I want it to be good but so far there's not enough variety. Maybe now that they nuked storm decks it might see more variety. Who knows. Modern would be a lot more balanced with force of will. It would stop stupidity like second sunrise decks
:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
you can stream from netflix.com any number of users you want but the number of devices the account can be registered in (xbox's, appletv,bluray, etc....) is only 5

Roller

Smash Legend
My ANT storm deck is actually pretty damn expensive.
Also. You have to consider sideboards. They tend to have at least a few money cards in them in Legacy.

Alsoalso. Goblins is surprisingly expensive, and the lands are actually important. Wastelands and Cavern of Souls are both necessary for the deck and cost a lot, and Ports are almost as important and expensive as well.

But yeah, there definitely are viable budget decks.

And Tezzeret isn't "obvious," actually. I plan on adding them to mine when I update it from my oldschool version, but that's not necessarily the norm. Does your list run ravagers? I've seen a lot of people cutting them.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I cant decide yet on the ravagers

i forgot i was going to also say that sideboards can be really expensive. So i agree with that. Thoughtseize -____-

cavern is a must in any format so i wont comment on that when comparing to standard. Wastelands are expensive, yeah. But im comparing to standard decks costs and the prices really arent that crazy different. Not enough to be significant enough to say legacy is 'too expensive.' standard you lose a lot of money from rotating blocks. Because obviously tons of cards plummet after a block rotates. Albeit some go up, they arent the norm

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
My ANT storm deck is actually pretty damn expensive.
Also. You have to consider sideboards. They tend to have at least a few money cards in them in Legacy.

Alsoalso. Goblins is surprisingly expensive, and the lands are actually important. Wastelands and Cavern of Souls are both necessary for the deck and cost a lot, and Ports are almost as important and expensive as well.

But yeah, there definitely are viable budget decks.

And Tezzeret isn't "obvious," actually. I plan on adding them to mine when I update it from my oldschool version, but that's not necessarily the norm. Does your list run ravagers? I've seen a lot of people cutting them.
Ports are pretty much the foundation for that deck to win in like 60% of it's matches. I wish I had my legacy decks still :/ (Painters servant and MUD) and at one point CThreshhold.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
i wish i didn't spill pop all over and ruin my mono green aggro deck

i wish it was still a viable deck

too bad i don't play mtg anymore.

or not since it was expensive

Top Bottom