• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Speaking of skype, please add me. -_____-"

Btw, I'm close enough to get a 3DS and MK7.
I still have MKW btw, the Internet is gonna be back soon enough.

-Final-

Aria♪
MKWii tourney. Yessssssss.

I'm still pissed that I lost my spot on the rankings because my wii broke and I couldn't show up anymore. :<

Speaking of which, I'm going to get online on MKWii and race for a while if anyone wants to join me.

:quill:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I can do one more, then I gotta go eat Final.
GG's :3

edit: and welcome back.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
There isn't any Mario kart game I don't mind going back to.
Mkwii is fun I was just burnt out on it.(still am a bit)
It's nice we have two games to hold tourneys for.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
so is everyone still wanna do the MK7 tourney this week? If so, I'll get the details tomorrow. For Retro, do you guys think we should do a MK64 Roster? Where people can only choose Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Wario, DK, or Bowser.

Gatlin

That would basically be banning Shy Guy lol, I don't think anyone else plays a new character here x)

Gatlin

Do you really? I never see Wigglers on wifi. Just like I never see Donkey Kong or Honey Queen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've played as Wiggler a couple times myself. But it isn't exactly one of my common picks. Still, I've been trying to improve with the 0.75 handling combos, and Wiggler has been involved.

Anyway, if the next Mario Kart 7 tourney is restricted to the Mario Kart 64 roster only, I'll still attend it.

@Gatlin: Airgemini once went up against me while I was using Donkey Kong. Queen Bee is rather uncommon on my end though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Geez, M&SG, those were some great matches. We were literally neck and neck on Maple Treeway, lol.

Clearly you're Mario & Strong Guy. BD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree. Shouldve had Waluigi instead, and make him a Cruiser with DK moved up to Heavy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Geez, M&SG, those were some great matches. We were literally neck and neck on Maple Treeway, lol.

Clearly you're Mario & Strong Guy. BD
Well, we're pretty much 50:50 for now. Of course, some of our races did make me question if you were cheating, but you do need to take lag into account too. Anyway, just keep in mind that I do tend to change my combos from time to time, instead of sticking with just one.

Still, you have to try racing Brickbox, as he's one tough competitor to deal with; he's beaten me more times than I've beaten him.

On a different subject, I've recently been challenging myself to try out combos with the worst possible acceleration, just in case we ever do a weight extremes tourney, I can get more used to them. So far, I've done...

Metal Mario + B Dasher + Monster + Super Glider
Wario + Bruiser + Monster + Beast Glider

Now obviously, because 1.5 accelerates at the same rate as 0.75, due to the Acceleration Glitch, I pretty much decided to bulk up my combos' weight as much as possible.

Honey queen shouldn't be in the game

:phone:
I agree. Shouldve had Waluigi instead, and make him a Cruiser with DK moved up to Heavy.
I don't really mind Queen Bee's presence. At least she's a better pick than Baby Daisy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How could I have even cheated?
I'm not saying that you were. It just seemed like it. I've had my fair share of races where people are using slower combos, and are passing me without any items, and I'm using a faster combo at full speed. Of course, your combo was slightly faster than what I was using.

No waluigi

NO WALUIGI

:phone:
I'm actually quite disturbed that Waluigi wasn't in Mario Kart 7, especially since Waluigi Pinball is a retro track.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Theres nothing wrong with Baby Daisy, she's alright. But:

Waluigi > Baby Daisy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Honey Queen

Also, I miss Toadette.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that there's bad blood with Funky Kong, but ever since his Mario Kart Wii appearance, I feel like some additional Donkey Kong characters should join the races. There's Dixie, Tiny, Baby DK (technically a Yoshi series character, but nevertheless), Kritter, and King K. Rool, all of which were in Super Sluggers.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Everyone here knows who I wanted in mk7.
And not putting Waluigi in was stupid.

Sometime for mk7 we will have to do an all villains tourney.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I'm not saying that you were. It just seemed like it. I've had my fair share of races where people are using slower combos, and are passing me without any items, and I'm using a faster combo at full speed. Of course, your combo was slightly faster than what I was using.
Have you taken into consideration that coins increase top speed significantly? Even with a gold shroom you'd probably be going slower at 0 coins than somebody with 10. Or maybe he has better lines. Regardless, it's kind of pointless to accuse anyone of cheating (including randoms) since there isn't a way to alter the game in any way yet. :3

Top Bottom