• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gatlin and I have decided on our tag. I believe we'll be using MG☆ for our tag.

Edit: Regarding the 4 cups, are we allowed to change our combos for each cup?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Rofl hippo xD
Hippo Im not sure if I'll be able to make the whole tourney, I was wondering if you could hang out on skype while the tourney is going on and If I'm not there play for me?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Pretty sure Box records. I might be able to figure out how to record with my iphone assuming I can figure out a way to anchor it in place. Might use Box's lego method x)

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't record tourney matches but I have quite a few friendlys on my channel.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I lack the tools that are needed to record my footage. It's too bad that you can't save replays and game play footage onto your SD card.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
IT IS TOO BAD, HUH. GOOD THING YOU POSTED IN AN EFFORT TO NOTIFY US OF YOUR USELESSNESS.

Box, I can hang around on Skype tomorrow. It's all coo', dawg.

Awww ****. I have to team with Z'z? WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE ARE... THE BOWSER BROS.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
IT IS TOO BAD, HUH. GOOD THING YOU POSTED IN AN EFFORT TO NOTIFY US OF YOUR USELESSNESS.

Box, I can hang around on Skype tomorrow. It's all coo', dawg.

Awww ****. I have to team with Z'z? WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE ARE... THE BOWSER BROS.
I don't really know what your deal is, but you should cool down. One's garbage is another one's treasure.

Also, last I've checked, Brickbox uses Rosalina a lot.

Anyway, on another subject, I still need to know if we can change combos for each cup for this tourney.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Also, last I've checked, Brickbox uses Rosalina a lot.

Anyway, on another subject, I still need to know if we can change combos for each cup for this tourney.
Ugh yah, I use Rosalina only, not sure why you said that? :3

And yea you can change combos/characters as often as you like.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Alright then, sign ups closed, welcome aboard L2TL.

Shadocat and Peachy, please remember that you will need to be using an identical tag for the tourney, please contact each other somehow and get that information down.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MSG, when he said Bowser Bros he was referring to me.

Also, Shadocat and Peachy, what is your tag going to be?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, but I have told you before, remember this:

Btw, MSG, I do use every single character, but if you want me to tier each characters' usage, I play them like this:

Tier 1: Yoshi, Bowser, Daisy, Koopa
Tier 2: Toad, Wario, Shy Guy, Mario, Luigi
Tier 3: DK, Peach, Mii, Rosalina
Tier 4: Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler, Honey Queen

I dont know why I felt like sharing this, but I did lol.

I only go Yoshi when playing serious though, and I dont really ever play my best/serious unless I am him lol.
Look at where Bowser is :o

And also, I WOULD wish you luck, but since you're going to be my competition, Id rather you not be lucky lol. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Z'zgashi: That post must've slipped my mind then. Anyway, I've pretty much gotten used to all the tracks on the 150cc, so the only things that'll likely be getting in my way are the items, and my competition.

Speaking of which, what are the odds that the next tourney will be restricted to having only Mushroom items?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tbh, having item restricted tournaments were something I was thinking about, the only problem is you have to make a new community for each and every ruleset cuz you cant change the rules of a community after they've been set. Still, I was thinking about it, but we'll have a discussion next week probably around Tuesday on what to do for ehe next tournament, so bring your idea up then we'll decide what we're doing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tbh, having item restricted tournaments were something I was thinking about, the only problem is you have to make a new community for each and every ruleset cuz you cant change the rules of a community after they've been set. Still, I was thinking about it, but we'll have a discussion next week probably around Tuesday on what to do for ehe next tournament, so bring your idea up then we'll decide what we're doing.
Okay, and again I'm sorry for forgetting your tier post. I guess making communities does have their catches after all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Add the community code in the second post of the thread, and be ready to join the community when I say to. Unfortunately, Nintendo is dumb and made it so that the room auto starts after 5 mins, so we have to get situated here first, then join all at once lol.

But yes, I'll post to join the room in a couple minutes, so be prepared.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Alright, I see someone is in the group right now, so please, leave for just a moment so we can get this started.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'm not going to be able to make it ;_;
Hippo can you team with gashi?

Good luck hippo and gashi, Im very sorry....parents surprised me with a surprise trip to my grandparents :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
hey, MSG, can you please leave the room so that it will restart the timer for the force start?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's all good. ALRIGHT, WE'RE GOING TO BE STARTING IN EXACTLY 2 MINS. AS SOON AS THE TIME HITS 7:50 EST, START JOINING. ILL POST AGAIN TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHEN IT COMES.

Also, DONT ANYONE CLICK ON START GAME, Ill be the one doing that, so just be patient.

Alright, now start joining he room.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Just gonna make a highlight/shoutout post for this tourney and update it while im racing

1st GP:
-My own partner hit me with a red shell at the end of Maka Wuhu, knocking me in last place ;_;.

2nd GP:
-Gashi's godlike patience with that blue shell on Maple treeway.

UGH!!! I dc'd at the 3rd GP. i forgot how many points i had. i remember getting 1st place on the 2nd race and 2nd on the 3rd race. and i got somewhere between 3rd-5th place on the 1st race though.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
GGs eveyone.

Sorry for hitting you those times Shadocat, those were a mistake. x_x We did good though, thanks for partnering with me. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's too bad that my partner Gatlin wasn't around. My team only got 71 points, because I was the only one present.

Anyway, I thought I had the victory with Cheep Cheep Lagoon, but patient Spiny Shell users really bug me; that leads to crowds, which leads to losing it all. I'm not so patient with Spiny Shells, since as you may have guessed, I use them right off the bat.

On a similar note, I hoped that Wario Shipyard would give me the upper hand, but apparently sea speed is not what it's cracked up to be.

My only 1st place win was at Kalimari Desert. Boy did I get lucky there.

Dino Dino Jungle sure wasn't nice to me when I tried to use that off-road shortcut. Normally I'd get it.

The biggest question of all is DK Jungle. You're not supposed to pick the same track twice, and one of the players broke that rule, and it wasn't random either.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
RESULTS

Teams:
1. [ST] (Shado + Peachy) - 161
2. [SBM] (Zuru + Hippo) - 157
3. [TWS] (Reflex + Tl2tl) - 143
4. MG☆ (M&SG + Kitrick) - 71

Individual:
1. [ST] Shadocat - 95
2. [TWS] TheReflexWonder - 92
3. [SBM] Z'zgashi - 87
4. MG☆ Mario_and_Sonic_Guy - 71
5. [SBM] kinghippo99 - 70
6. [ST] SuperMetroid44 - 66
7. [TWS] Link2thelost90 - 51
8. Kitrick - 23

Thank you to everyone for participating, and congratulations to Shadocat and SuperMetroid44 in team [ST] for winning the event, and also, a second congrats to Shadocat for getting the most individual points overall!

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Reflexwonder is good :D
Grats to shadowcat for stepping it up.
Very sad I couldn't play :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Back to the old drawing board then. Of course, with item abuse so common during that tourney, I doubt that I would've done any better if I used any combos that were faster than my first one; Toad + B Dasher + Monster + Super Glider.

Anyway, I did make the input that the next tourney should be a Mushrooms only tourney, but Z'zgashi did say that a new community would have to be made for that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's too bad that my partner Gatlin wasn't around. My team only got 71 points, because I was the only one present.
Yes, you should rage at him for that.

Anyway, I thought I had the with Cheep Cheep Lagoon, but patient Spiny Shell users really bug me; that leads to crowds, which leads to losing it all. I'm not so patient with Spiny Shells, since as you may have guessed, I use them right off the bat.
Im known to be pretty patient with Blues :awesome:

On a similar note, I hoped that Wario Shipyard would give me the upper hand, but apparently sea speed is not what it's cracked up to be.
FINALLY, PEOPLE ARE FINALLY UNDERSTANDING THIS!! Sea Speed is NOT that helpful of a stat. Sure, it does make you faster and it's the best stat on stages like Wario's Shipyard, but it's really not by much. The only time I would EVER say to build Sea Speed on Wario's Shipyard is if you're doing TTs cuz it saves about 2-3 seconds.

My only 1st place win was at Kalimari Desert. Boy did I get lucky there.
Lol, that's such a bad course, it's all dependent on that last item box.

Dino Dino Jungle sure wasn't nice to me when I tried to use that off-road shortcut. Normally I'd get it.
Sorry for starring you off it lol.

The biggest question of all is DK Jungle. You're not supposed to pick the same track twice, and one of the players broke that rule, and it wasn't random either.
It's fine, that rule is only there to try and avoid repeat stages as much as possible, it's not a big deal, and it was obviously an accident on Reflex's part so it's fine as he didnt mean it. There have been mistakes like that made multiple times in tournaments over the years that have been much worse lol.

Top Bottom