• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Your forgiven ^^
And I relize your very good at this game, I know if you played in tourneys you wouldnt place any worse than top 4.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Oooooo team tourney. Yes, we should definitely do it. Gashi's gonna be hosting this one.

Anyone wanna partner with me? I am the best :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
They're not dancing, they are trotting.

And Funky Kong is totally awesome but too mainstream. Being the best is a curse.

BSP

Smash Legend
I would, although i certainly dont agree with the random ponies dancing in your sig. pandas and grapefruits i can handle, but ....
...Where have you been? :awesome:

Do I need to name them for you?

I thought about the mainstream thing with Funky, but then I also remembered how much faster he is than Mario or Luigi :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we do a tournament this Friday, I might be available. Depends on when this party is happening.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Tourney time is the thread title reflex :)
If anyone is concerned about partners or anything just vm, we gotta discuss funky.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Funky kong is for pro players only, that why not many of us used him.
I love how if you go to my YouTube channel and watch my old videos, theyre all me using Yoshi and stuff, then you go to my newer stuff and its all Daisy/Funky lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My party is at 8 PM, so I will have to sit this one out. :(

I'm mostly busy on Monday and Wednesday nights, as an aside, so, in the future, that's when I would not be able to play, usually.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
There is no way we could do(I think most people relize that)
Its gonna be hard to transition to another tourney day, we have done Sunday for over a year :c

Why don't we just keep Sunday as the tourney day and hold a side tourney on Friday nights?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just stick with Sundays, people are most used to that. Obviously, not everyone will be able to make it every time, and thats to be expected.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So the tourney is this Sunday? We prob should have the rules reposted for the new people(track selection, glitches, teams must use tags,

Everyone know who they are teaming with?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
OKAY, TO GET ORGANIZED, HERE'S THE SIGN UP LIST. THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE AT 7:30PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH.

Rules:
- There will be 4 Cups of 4 races each. After all the Cups are complete, the total scores of all the Cups will be combined, and the team with the highest total points will win.
- Course selection is free, you can pick whatever you want. However, there will be no repeat courses. If the course has already been chosen, you can not vote it again. If a course that has already been chosen is selected by random however, it is fine.
- Maka Wuhu Glitch is banned. If you are found attempting the glitch, you will lose 10 points regardless of what place you took in the race.
- All characters and vehicle parts are allowed.
- If you DC during a Cup, you will receive 5 points for the cup.
- All teams must have a Team Tag at the beginning of their name to identify teams. (Just change your Main Mii's name to have the tag at the beginning. Be aware that every Mii has a 10 character limit for their name, so make sure you dont make your tag too long)

Teams:
1. Z'zgashi + brickbox - Tag: [SBM]
2. Gatlin + Mario_and_Sonic_Guy - Tag: [MG☆]
3. Shadocat + SuperMetroid44 - Tag: [ST]
4. Link2thelost90 + TheReflexWonder - Tag: [TWS]

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it reasonable to assume that most other obviously-attempted respawn abuse makes you lose points, too? Wuhu Loop? DK Jungle? Waluigi Pinball?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some glitches are not as broken as others, but I do agree that any kind of glitch should be penalized if used.

Anyway, I should be able to attend Sunday's tourney, so if anyone wants to be my partner, just PM me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll join this tournament. Don't care who I team with, but I use fatasses, so, that might be off-putting to some people.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
People need to be assertive, If they want a partner.
If your looking for a partner just pick one and vm them otherwise there won't be enough entrants.

Also Gatlin isn't going to participate? He could team with hippo?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll join this tournament. Don't care who I team with, but I use fatasses, so, that might be off-putting to some people.
I use some heavies too, but I typically don't go under 1.75 for the acceleration stat. I will let you know which parts I tend to use though...

Characters: I do use most characters, but they don't include Peach, Daisy, and Mii.
Kart Bodies: Pretty much any body, but I use certain bodies more than others; Ex.: B Dasher (Mario, Metal Mario), Egg 1 (Koopa Troopa, Yoshi), Birthday Girl (Rosalina).
Kart Wheels: Monster, Red Monster, Roller, Slim, Wood
Kart Gliders: Super Glider, Paraglider, Swooper, Beast Glider

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Added you to the list Reflex.

And to answer your question, those glitches aren't anywhere near as bad and all have a much higher risk/reward. The best of those 3 time wise is the Wuhu Loop glitch, and while it saves 3ish seconds, it's actually quite easy to screw up, and anyone holding a red can easily punish you for it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I was recently notified that not everyone's 3DS code is listed in the 2nd post, if anyone's is NOT there, can you please post it so I can add it? Thanks!

Box said:
Also Gatlin isn't going to participate? He could team with hippo?
I will participate if anyone is left without a partner.

Top Bottom