• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Routa

Smash Lord
I would say they are all about mid to high mid with "best" moveset (tiers 3-4).

I'm not a expert when it comes to Gunner or Brawler, but I can say some things about Swordfighter.

In my opinion he/she/it is the missing link between Tink and Pit. He has the projectile game of Tink, when using Chakram, and spacing/combo game of a Pit. Swordfighter's Bread and butter combo is D-throw -> U-air. He has many ways of getting the grab (ff Fair, Chakram (slow/fast), Jab 1, D-tilt, U-tilt (back/front hit), landing base hit of U-air). With SSD he is able to recover from the bottom of the blastzone (if he is right below the ledge). He can rack up damage easily with Chakram (pretty much only projectile that you want to spam... well other than Gunner's Fair) due to its good damage, speed and multihit slow variation (Slow Chakram into F-smash is called Lumberchak). Did you know that Chakram is one of the few projectiles that keeps on going after hitting the foe? Also with correct spacing Swordfighter is able to "deny" some characters edge grabbing.
So what makes him not being high tier character? Well... He has hard time killing. Even tho he/she/it has a lot of good killing moves... well they are really hard to land. Also his disadvantage state is okish. Also even tho he/she/it wields sword his/her/its range is still pretty bad. He/she/it gets out spaced rather easily.

My knowledge of Brawler isn't the best, but his only main flaw is trying to KO foe. He has really good disadvantage state thanks to Feint Jump and his combo game is really good. In my eyes he/she/it, out from all Miis, suffer the most from having Guest size. But then again I'm not a expert when it comes to Brawler. I suggest you to ask from Yikarur Yikarur for more information about Brawler.

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Things are moving up faster than down as usual, so mostly down votes this time.

+:4greninja:Has some combos and mixups that definitely make it better than tier 4. And main bias.
-:4palutena:Not as bad as Jigglypuff or Zelda, but still needs to move down for the future of the list. There are very noticeable flaws that prevent better performances without the benefit of customs, which all four get help from, especially Palutena. I really wish customs were the meta, but I digress.
-:4ganondorf:^
-:4duckhunt:^
-:4charizard:^

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
:4duckhunt:-1 (this dog is way too high. He belongs to where Puff and Zelda are)
:4ganondorf:-1
:4cloud:-1
:4ryu:+1
:4feroy:+1 (Roy is not that bad)

D

Deleted member

-1:4falco:
+1:4metaknight:
+1:4diddy:
+1:4fox:
+1:4sonic:

EDIT: Changed upvotes since there are only 7 tiers, which isn't enough to accurately represent the game's balance considering most people will want Sheik/ZSS/Rosa to be in their own tier...

Last edited by a moderator:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Browny Browny How many votes does it take to move a character up? In the OP, it says +4 near the top and +5 where you mention that Pit and Dark Pit cannot be separated. It has also historically been +3 at the beginning of previous iterations, if I recall correctly. Just a bit... confusing, to say the least.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4duckhunt:-1
:4zss:+1
:rosalina:+1
:4ness:+1
:4miigun:-1

I would down vote both Zelda and Puff but they will drop anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
Browny Browny How many votes does it take to move a character up? In the OP, it says +4 near the top and +5 where you mention that Pit and Dark Pit cannot be separated. It has also historically been +3 at the beginning of previous iterations, if I recall correctly. Just a bit... confusing, to say the least.
Sorry about that, it was meant to be +5.

I made it +5 due to the popularity of this thread. The more people that vote, the more the list changes so this is a method to try and prevent more than like, 20 characters moving per update.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
:4mewtwo:-1 (please) not high tier
:4zss: +1 definitely top tier
:4diddy: +1
:4myfriends: -1
:rosalina:+1 (not biased at all....)

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
+:4diddy:
+:4sonic:
+:4fox:
+:4pikachu:
+:4ness:

I'm just going to keep voting for the obvious ones until the list starts stabilizing.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
But he is. We discussed about Duck Hunt some time ago and i'm sure you know all his flaws. I honestly think he is the second or third worst character in the game.
I think he's bottom 8, but above bottom 3 (Smellda, Jigglytrash, and Mii Swordfighter get in the way).

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Sorry about that, it was meant to be +5.

I made it +5 due to the popularity of this thread. The more people that vote, the more the list changes so this is a method to try and prevent more than like, 20 characters moving per update.
Thanks. I remember when it was changes a while back, but I just wasn't sure whether or not it reverted back down to +4 or the like to get the list going.

Routa

Smash Lord
I just low how people think that Heli Kick is broken as ****. It is not a move that you want to throw out in neutral all the time. Also have you tried to recover with that? Recovery distance wise the move isn't that great. Like David Viran David Viran said what makes it so powerful is its dragging effect. This move is ridiculous when used on a stage like Smashville (that stage is no no against Brawler). But like I said Brawler sacrifices recovery for a kill move (which Brawler needs). It is not the Heli itself that makes Brawler so powerful... It is the combination of Size and Heli. If I remember correctly there is a combo to Heli that cannot be escaped with DI and SDI.

But then again why should you believe me?

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
It has a massive hitbox and kills incredibly early one way or another (40% with no DI). It's insanely broken. I killed Charizard near the ledge with it at around 50% in an actual match with good DI from the Charizard. It's a ridiculous move. Also, Mii Brawler can use other moves as a recovery to make up for it's bad recovering abilities.

Routa

Smash Lord
near the ledge with it at around 50%
Got dragged near the blast zone, eh? Ike is able to kill people at about 50-60% near the ledge with his Fair. I don't see anyone complaining about it. Yes he can use other moves to recover... but they only improve the horizontal recovery. Vertical recovery wise he is pretty much doomed if launched too low. Fighting Brawler is all about spacing. He punishes your mistakes really hard.

Yikarur

Smash Master
He does. It's called the Helicopter Kick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5hz95pYw8#t=5m15
I drag him even off-stage and he didn't die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5hz95pYw8#t=8m20
80% center stage, no kill.

This misconception must stop. Helicopter Kick has a really high base knockback, because it does very low damage on the final hit (the reason Luma is so strong is the same) for that reason. So it will kill early if you get d-throw upBd at the ledge. Outside of that it acts as an ordinary killmove, but sucks for recovering.

E:
It has a massive hitbox and kills incredibly early one way or another (40% with no DI). It's insanely broken. I killed Charizard near the ledge with it at around 50% in an actual match with good DI from the Charizard. It's a ridiculous move. Also, Mii Brawler can use other moves as a recovery to make up for it's bad recovering abilities.
you said 40% center stage... and the hitbox is pretty bad, every move in this game beats it.
We can continue this discussion in another thread if you insist.
Like here: www.smashboards.com/threads/the-mii-fighter-thread-where-you-and-mii-can-talk-mii-fighter-social.324305
This is a voting thread so discussions could be kept small.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Got dragged near the blast zone, eh? Ike is able to kill people at about 50-60% near the ledge with his Fair. I don't see anyone complaining about it. Yes he can use other moves to recover... but they only improve the horizontal recovery. Vertical recovery wise he is pretty much doomed if launched too low. Fighting Brawler is all about spacing. He punishes your mistakes really hard.
In between center stage and the ledge. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Routa

Smash Lord
Well you did say
I killed Charizard near the ledge with it at around 50%
so... Did you mean you landed the killing blow at the ledge or did you use it at the ledge so that it dragged Charizard near the side blast zone?

Also what is up with this all the sudden random Ike downvoting here? We can have up to 7 tier you know.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Well you did say

so... Did you mean you landed the killing blow at the ledge or did you use it at the ledge so that it dragged Charizard near the side blast zone?

Also what is up with this all the sudden random Ike downvoting here? We can have up to 7 tier you know.
I used it at the middle so that it hit Charizard in between center stage and the ledge.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think that the Pits, Peach, ROB, and Tink should all either be at the top of tier 4 or bottom of tier 3 becuase they're that damn good.

Top Bottom