• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I DID put in top 16.
Whatever you did, I'm literally just quoting the DLC Dominance post on the homepage a few days ago. Again, a link to it... http://smashboards.com/threads/dlc-dominance-the-future-of-smash-4.431025/

In the Bayonetta section...
Last night, Nairo had his worst Smash 4 placement ever as well as his worst overall placement ever since Apex 2010. The harbinger of this was Salem's Bayonetta, who sent him to the loser's bracket.

Bayonetta has already begun to make a serious impact in Japan, with Komorikiri winning Sumabato 7 and Nyanko taking 5th at Umebura 21. Even on the lighter side of things, Pink Fresh has already taken a first-place finish at Xanadu using Bayonetta. The ranking system on Smashboards shows that within a week of her release, she is already the 4th most-seen character within the top 16 of tournaments.
If they are getting this information from just the current patch (which seems most likely) then that is indeed true. Cloud is 1st, Mario is 2nd, Sheik is 3rd and Bayonetta is 4th.

---
She's been out two weeks. Let's drop the "one week" thing. I can imagine months from now people saying: "Come on! Bayo's only been out for a week and she's already 4th most seen character in top 16!"
That brings up another point I have always wondered about... People go on about "It's too early to vote for them". If so, when exactly is it not too early to vote for them? I'm not being funny, but both characters clearly aren't garbage; it's not like when Mewtwo was first released. I think it's perfectly fine to be voting for them now.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Whatever you did, I'm literally just quoting the DLC Dominance post on the homepage a few days ago. Again, a link to it... http://smashboards.com/threads/dlc-dominance-the-future-of-smash-4.431025/

In the Bayonetta section...

---

That brings up another point I have always wondered about... People go on about "It's too early to vote for them". If so, when exactly is it not too early to vote for them? I'm not being funny, but both characters clearly aren't garbage; it's not like when Mewtwo was first released. I think it's perfectly fine to be voting for them now.
I agree. It's fine to vote for them now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Bayonetta hasn't even been out for a month yet, so of course she's gonna be that low...

...but atleast Pit is used more than Dark Pit...Praise the Lady Palutena
As a whole, she's 4th from bottom, but going just off of the most recent patch 1.1.4, she's 4th most seen in top 16. This is how I think the person who created that article got his data; he's only considering the most recent patch, which kind of makes sense. Like Luigi might be quite high up in general, but since his nerf, he has been getting less and less results. Yes, he used to have great results, but now they are coming in less and less, making the past stuff irrelevant.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
As a whole, she's 4th from bottom, but going just off of the most recent patch 1.1.4, she's 4th most seen in top 16. This is how I think the person who created that article got his data; he's only considering the most recent patch, which kind of makes sense.
It's not possible to find that data, so that means litertatly nothing. He most likely made that up

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
It's not possible to find that data, so that means litertatly nothing. He most likely made that up
Incorrect. It's possible to filter the data by date, thus, by setting the starting date at the release of 1.1.4 (3rd Feb 2016) and then selecting Top 16, you can see that Bayonetta is 4th.

This is what the creator of the article was referring to.

Edit: Here
Bayo 4th image.jpg

Also, that moment when you realise Link is doing better in 1.1.4 top 16 than Toon Link...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Stop being negative(anything that involes Pit being better than Dark Pit is a good thing)
As a whole, she's 4th from bottom, but going just off of the most recent patch 1.1.4, she's 4th most seen in top 16. This is how I think the person who created that article got his data; he's only considering the most recent patch, which kind of makes sense.
But she's still low until there's Bayonetta mains at major tournaments(and Nairo should probably stay away from her until he decides on who he mains and doesn't main)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Incorrect. It's possible to filter the data by date, thus, by setting the starting date at the release of 1.1.4 (3rd Feb 2016) and then selecting Top 16, you can see that Bayonetta is 4th.

This is what the creator of the article was referring to.

Edit: HereView attachment 97226
Except this is impossible? There's an option, but it doesn't work

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
wintermelon should join counterlogic gaming

because denying actual evidence and saying "it's all fake!!!!" is literally illogical

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
You could easily inspect element that. Whereas you can't get it to really show up because you can't change the date

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
That has to be fake though, every time I put in a date it changes back to normal, even after I click Advaned search.
"has to be fake" just because you can't get the same results... sigh...

1) Go to the date.
2) Change the date on the left to 3rd Feb 2016
3) Leave the date on the right as it is; it populates today's date.
4) Click advanced search
5) Then click top 16; you'll be getting top 16 results from 3rd Feb 2016 (start of patch 1.1.4).

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
wintermelon should join counterlogic gaming

because denying actual evidence and saying "it's all fake!!!!" is literally illogical
Maybe for once you should stay out of other peoples' business and stop being a ****. Wintermelon literally could not find what Bowserboy3 was finding when he did a search. The interface is pretty badly designed so it's no surprise.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Maybe for once you should stay out of other peoples' business and stop being a ****. Wintermelon literally could not find what Bowserboy3 was finding when he did a search. The interface is pretty badly designed so it's no surprise.
Though it did only take me a couple of minutes to figure out how to filter it, it is a bit confusing at first.

Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 , are you on a mobile or something? I can only think that is why you can't get the date to change.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I am right now, but I have tried it on computers tons of time
Well honestly, it's 100% real. For one, why on earth would I want to show/spread fake evidence about a character?

Try the method I explained when you can next get to a PC/Laptop, I can almost guarantee it will work.

Infact, Xandercosm Xandercosm , why don't you try that method too, see if you can get the same results?

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
jigglypuff +1
marth -1
lucina -1
fox +1
diddy +1
Why?...
I hope you have a good explanation on why you gave Ryu and Cloud downvotes
Don't post stuff like this, no one has to explain anything to anyone.

If you are genuinely interested and dont want to appear patronising, just ask people why they voted. It comes off better than almost demanding reasons as to why someone thinks something that you think is wrong.

UPDATED :)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1::4zss:
2::4sheik::4pikachu::rosalina::4sonic::4diddy::4fox::4ness:
3::4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4tlink::4mario::4ryu::4metaknight::4villager::4yoshi:
(GAP)
4::4lucas::4wario::4falcon::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4samus::4dedede:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword::4feroy:
(GAP)
5::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
6::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

Gonna start giving out reasons now.

+1:4metaknight:Defitenly tier 2 Matertial.

+1:4sheik:

-1:4corrin:Corrin is glitchly, not broken. I don't even think he's tier 3 anyway.

+1:4wario:High Tier

+1:4peach:High Tier

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Just saying about the OP:

Why is Zero Suit in her own tier when clearly it should be Sheik in that spot?
We only just started voting on the list again a week or so ago. Every character was considered equal at that point. Just so happens that ZSS has had more up votes since then.

Don't worry, in due time, it will settle out. Look now, Sheik already has 4+ votes since this voting round started. Rather than voting ZSS down and creating an imbalance (because she clearly is in tier 1), we should be focusing on getting Sheik up there. But like I said, it will balance out eventually.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Please forgive me for my ignorance, but, are the characters in order or is everyone in the same tier equal as of right now?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
+:4falcon:
+ :4lucas:
+ :4wario:
- :4samus:
- :4dedede:
Please forgive me for my ignorance, but, are the characters in order or is everyone in the same tier equal as of right now?
Here are the current placements.
1::4zss:
2::4sheik::4pikachu::rosalina::4sonic::4diddy::4fox::4ness:
3::4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4tlink::4mario::4ryu::4metaknight::4villager::4yoshi:
(GAP)
4::4lucas::4wario::4falcon::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4samus::4dedede:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword::4feroy:
(GAP)
5::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
6::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I think it's the same, but yeah, I was gonna ask that soon too. ZSS might not need to go down at all if the answer is no ordering within tiers

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
:4sheik: +1 (Top-tier, obviously; she has great results. and I think there's more than enough representation for her)

:4palutena: -1 (No representation and overall bad base moveset. Suffers the exact same problems as Zelda, but doesn't have star players repping her.)

:4charizard: +1 (Players like Bengalz show that Charizard has very good potential when played effectively, and I think that he's a good main with a secondary to cover his worse matchups. Definitely not a dominant force in the meta, but I've seen enough good Charizards to say he's not horrifically unviable.)

:4samus: -1 (Samus is also easily near the bottom of the barrel, with her laggy moves, poor recovery and her now-useless NAir. She's almost, almost worse than Jigglypuff; only getting saved by her weight making it slightly harder for her to be KO'd than the Puffster.)

:4sonic: +1 (Sonic is hilariously good at what he does, and what he does is overwhelm his opponents with quick attacks that can shred an unwary Rosaluma. Not better than Shiek and Zamus, but I think he's better than Rosaluma and certainly has more representation than Pikachu.)

Top Bottom