• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
So.. if everyone starts at the same Tier 4. Let's state the obvious... If someone didn't do it already.
+1:4sheik: 'nuff said
+1 :4zss: Also top tier
+1 :rosalina:She is not S-Tier like ZSS or Shiek, but she is high tier.
-1 :4jigglypuff: Wildly considered as one of the worst if not the worst character in the game.
-1 :4zelda: She is crippled by some design flaws that just make her bad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So.. if everyone starts at the same Tier 4. Let's state the obvious... If someone didn't do it already.
+1:4sheik: 'nuff said
+1 :4zss: Also top tier
+1 :rosalina:She is not S-Tier like ZSS or Shiek, but she is high tier.
-1 :4jigglypuff: Wildly considered as one of the worst if not the worst character in the game.
-1 :4zelda: She is crippled by some design flaws that just make her bad.
RIP Zelda

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Well all this Bayonetta dashgrab glitch business may change her tier placement. Maybe she won't even have a tier placement. Let's see how this goes down in the voting...

Oh, and this is my 1,000th post. :)

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
My votes...

-pikachu
-ryu
+mewtwo
+corrin
+bayo

Updating...

Done :)

Remember, the list is always very dynamic the first few rounds. Expect characters to move all over the place as the list spreads out into around 7 tiers.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Like always, these votes may change as other votes come in. For now...

+1:4zss:
-1 :4corrin:
-1 :4mewtwo:
+1:4bayonetta:
+1 :4sheik:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
2::4sheik::4bayonetta:
3: :4cloud::4corrin::rosalina::4tlink::4zss::4mario::4ryu::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
4::4sonic::4diddy::4lucas::4villager::4wario::4falcon::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4pikachu::4rob::4samus::4dedede:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4wiifit::4yoshi::4miibrawl::4miisword::4feroy:
5::4shulk::4zelda:
6::4jigglypuff: ~Intense sobbing noises~
I really want to downvote Bayonetta and Corrin, but I'll hold off my judgement on them, who knows, maybe they actually deserve that placement, it's too early for me to tell.
:4zss:+ 1
:rosalina:+ 1
:4pikachu:+ 1
:4zelda:- 1 Despite the evidence pointing in her favor, I truly do not believe she's better than Jigglypuff, and definitely not a entire tier above her.
:4miibrawl:- 1

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
+:4sheik: (Do I need to explain?)
+:4zss: (^)
+:4sonic: (Sonic is above Tier 4. That's pretty much a fact.)
+:4pikachu:(STOP. VOTING. PIKA. DOWN. Just because you refuse to read and think this is based off of Pika being 3rd and Tier 1, doesn't mean you should vote an obvious high tier down below Tier 4.)
-:4mewtwo: (Not Tier 3.)

If I had more votes I'd upvote Villy, Diddy, Falcon, Rosa, Fox, the Pits and Yoshi but I'll leave them to other people.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
VERSON 3.01 STARTING AT PATCH 1.1.4

3: :4cloud::4corrin::rosalina::4tlink::4zss::4mario::4ryu::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
4::4sonic::4diddy::4lucas::4villager::4wario::4falcon::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4pikachu::4rob::4samus::4dedede:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4wiifit::4yoshi::4miibrawl::4miisword::4feroy:
6::4jigglypuff:

Not going to bother with Voting down characters or up voting Shulk to prevent the too many votes wave from hitting.

+:4pikachu: Top tier, should be in the tier above

+1:4ness:^

+1:4fox:^

+1:4villager:^

+1:4diddy:^

tl;dr too low ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/Spoiler]

+:4sheik: (Do I need to explain?)
+:4zss: (^)
+:4sonic: (Sonic is above Tier 4. That's pretty much a fact.)
+:4pikachu:(STOP. VOTING. PIKA. DOWN. Just because you refuse to read and think this is based off of Pika being 3rd and Tier 1, doesn't mean you should vote an obvious high tier down below Tier 4.)
-:4mewtwo: (Not Tier 3.)

If I had more votes I'd upvote Villy, Diddy, Falcon, Rosa, Fox, the Pits and Yoshi but I'll leave them to other people.
Browny voted Pika down.

6::4jigglypuff: ~Intense sobbing noises~
I really want to downvote Bayonetta and Corrin, but I'll hold off my judgement on them, who knows, maybe they actually deserve that placement, it's too early for me to tell.
:4zss:+ 1
:rosalina:+ 1
:4pikachu:+ 1
:4zelda:- 1 Despite the evidence pointing in her favor, I truly do not believe she's better than Jigglypuff, and definitely not a entire tier above her.
:4miibrawl:- 1
Miis have all specials allowed, Browny said this few pages down

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
+1 :4diddy:: his placement on the official BR Tier List is already ridiculous, but this pushes it. ZeRo plays this character, remember people? He's just insanely good, and easily still Top 5 material. Yes, I'd put him under Rosalina as 4th or 5th before the likes of Ryu, Pikachu, Mario, Sonic and Fox.
-1 :4bayonetta:: Too early
-1:4corrin:: See above
+1 :4fox:: Still an amazing character, moveset being so solid he's always at least High Tier :rolleyes:
+1:4pikachu:: Clearly a Top Tier despite being underrepresented

Routa

Smash Lord
Guys... Miis are judged by Guest XXXX now. Just reminding you all. I will cast my vote later.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+1 :4diddy:: his placement on the official BR Tier List is already ridiculous, but this pushes it. ZeRo plays this character, remember people? He's just insanely good, and easily still Top 5 material. Yes, I'd put him under Rosalina as 4th or 5th before the likes of Ryu, Pikachu, Mario, Sonic and Fox.
-1 :4bayonetta:: Too early
-1:4corrin:: See above
+1 :4fox:: Still an amazing character, moveset being so solid he's always at least High Tier :rolleyes:
+1:4pikachu:: Clearly a Top Tier despite being underrepresented
I think you answered this earlier, but what does Diddy have besides Zero, that Sonic does not? And a projectile which could make the difference

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Because there's 7 tiers, and people want Puff to be in that 7th tier instead of what she's currently in, tier 6.
Right I forgot about that. I think it should be six that is probably why j was confused

D

Deleted member

Guess it's time for my votes.

:4charizard:-1 Should go down. Even after all the buffs he's gotten, he's still not a good character. No results, bad frame data and being able to be juggled to hell and back thanks to his arse aerial mobility are attributes more than enough to keep him from.performing well at top level consistently.

:4diddy:+1 This explains itself. Diddy has one of the best neutrals in the game, good stage control and has reliable combos and kill options. His great tournament results back this up.

:4lucas:-1 Still am not understanding what people see in Lucas. Maybe I'll change my mind when people actually start doing stuff with him.

:4ness:+1 Pretty evident why be shouldn't be in tier 4, like Diddy.

:4zelda:-1 Because she needs to be in tier 7 somewhere down the line. This character is literally nonfunctional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think you answered this earlier, but what does Diddy have besides Zero, that Sonic does not? And a projectile which could make the difference
The best neutral in the game outside of Sheik's, amazing grab combos, two actual projectiles one having a whole metagame decidated to it ; the Banana, good kill set ups since the Smash attacks got buffed, and a good Diddy is an unpredictable force. He doesn't have too many bad matchups either, actually beats Zero Suit Samus according to Top Players (ZeRo says this to for example) plus, Diddy has one of the best, if not THE BEST matchup against Sheik. Watch ZeRo vs Mr.R, do you see any other character besides Sheik wreck up a Top Player Sheik so badly as ZeRo's Diddy?

If Pikachu can get into Top 5/6 with so little results and only ESAM, why can't Diddy be that high despite the obvious fact that ZeRo's Diddy > ESAM's Pikachu?

Diddy is only this low on the official Tier List because ZeRo refused to vote, stating it was too early for a Tier List. And I agree with him. He probably thinks of Diddy as better than he currently stands.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Are we at round 2 or something?
Yes, if you voted before today, you can vote again, the list updated half way through this page and since I haven't seen you vote after the update you can definitely vote. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I wonder if people view this thread as "Competitive Impressions: Reddit Edition". Because barely anybody from the Competitive Discussion subforum comes in here lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Sometimes I wonder if people view this thread as "Competitive Impressions: Reddit Edition". Because barely anybody from the Competitive Discussion subforum comes in here lol
Why ever this thread isn't in the Competitive Discussion subforum is beyond me. Totally makes sense for it to be in there.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
-1 :4bayonetta: Not top tier.
-1 :4mewtwo: Not high tier for now.
+1 :4sonic: Definitely high tier.
+1 :4villager: ^
+1 :4fox: ^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why ever this thread isn't in the Competitive Discussion subforum is beyond me. Totally makes sense for it to be in there.
Agreed. Plus there's practically no reason for it to be in General Discussion when competitive play is barely discussed in here besides the mains thread.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
-:4mewtwo: Not higher than mid tier for sure
+:4diddy: too low
+:4sheik:Teir 1 status required
+:4yoshi: solid tier 3
+:4pacman: Tier 3 imo

Top Bottom