• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:chuckle: Not to mention he exercises like a freak. I mean what normal human can jump 20 feet in the air and run fast enough to start flying all with just the help of a cape... He's crazy...
All for Peach I guess.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
She and Bowser are teaming up to motivate him to exercise. It worked, clearly. Now he's the new Superman. Without the weakness to kryptonite.
Great thanks for leaking the New Super Mario Bros. NX plot :glare:

No but srrsly NSMBNX confirmed

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But Mario has saved her countless times from Bowser, what more could Peach want from him?
I remember a video in 2010 with Mario saying he has to save her 50 more times...not close yet.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :rosalina:

2: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness:

3: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4ryu:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4wario: :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4dk:

5: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit: :4greninja: :4marth: :4falco:

6: :4shulk: :4duckhunt: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4drmario: :4bowserjr:

7: :4gaw::4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4miigun: :4samus:

So I COMPLETY went through each character and relooked at them competitvly, so my opinions are differant now. They're more similar to other's opinions.

+1:4kirby:I like this spot but people are gonna vote him down so I'm gonna make sure he stays up there

+1:4pacman:
All the Users on here:Oh Magic Conch, what should we do about Pac-Man and how he's too low?

Magic Conch:Nothing

All the users on here:The conch has spoken!!

-1:4feroy:Mistake that people upvoted him? I sincerely hope.....

Other thoughts:

+1:4duckhunt:Few spots too low (Like that he went down though, before he was too high.

-1:4ryu:wth he isn't better than Wario, Olimar, or Pac-man....

-1:4pit::4darkpit: Little too high

+1:4bowserjr: 46th

46th

46TH

no

-1:4lucas:THAT epic fail in this tier list came out of nowhere...

+1:4lucario:Little too low....

+1:4wario:The Pits and Ryu are NOT better than Wario

+1:4olimar:^

-1:4robinm:wth

-1:4miibrawl:^

+1:4gaw:

+1:4megaman:

+1:4luigi:Can't we all just get him into tier 2 and just keep him there please? PLEASE!

+1 :4shulk: Great Range and Monado arts are great

+1:4jigglypuff:Great air attacks, great comboing rest and pound are great, muitiple jumps, great air speed.
I've added +1:4shulk: and +1:4jigglypuff: to this list

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Mario and Luigi are pretty much equall. Mario's combos are better at low percents, but at higher percents he lacks combos, Luigi doesn't have that problem, but at lower percents he doesnt do as much danage. Luigi has more kill options, but Mario has cape/fludd trolling shenanigans. Whichever one is better is up to personal opinion, but they both deserve to be top tier.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Pac-Man isn't in top 25, and Bowser Jr. is in bottom 10......

And meanwhile people on voting Sheik up so that she's in her own tier despite tiers being voted on seperatatly, and the numbers on here aren't tiers.

Really people? Really?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mario and Luigi are pretty much equall. Mario's combos are better at low percents, but at higher percents he lacks combos, Luigi doesn't have that problem, but at lower percents he doesnt do as much danage. Luigi has more kill options, but Mario has cape/fludd trolling shenanigans. Whichever one is better is up to personal opinion, but they both deserve to be top tier.
Other way around. Luigi can do a solid 30+% at low damage, but his options take a hit at higher percents, while Mario generally combos better at mid to high percents. Luigi is probably the better character due to his damage output being so ridic and his amazing frame data, but Mario wins the Mario vs. Luigi matchup. I honestly don't think Luigi is top tier because his matchups are so all over the place. There's people like Fox who he absolutely dominates, then there's people like Sheik who make the Green Thunder look like the Green Raindrop.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Other way around. Luigi can do a solid 30+% at low damage, but his options take a hit at higher percents, while Mario generally combos better at mid to high percents. Luigi is probably the better character due to his damage output being so ridic and his amazing frame data, but Mario wins the Mario vs. Luigi matchup. I honestly don't think Luigi is top tier because his matchups are so all over the place. There's people like Fox who he absolutely dominates, then there's people like Sheik who make the Green Thunder look like the Green Raindrop.
Oops, that was a mistake in my typing. I accidentally switched them. Having bad matchups doesnt really matter as all top players have secondaries and other mains to counter the bad matchups. But I do agree with you on the Luigi's better, Mario is more well rounded philosophy.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ah, I remember when Mega Man was Luigi's worst matchup :p
It probably still is, honestly. The Luigi/Sheik matchup is developing because of how many of both there are out there, but with so few Mega Men out there, Luigi not only has a natural disadvantage, but lack of knowledge, as well.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Heres the thing...

Mewtwos janky hitboxes dont actually affect his combos, it makes literally no difference. dtilt to fair is a solid one and enemies will pop up above the shadowclaw eventually which is when it stops working. Shadow claw has no hitbox underneath it which makes it miss short characters from a shorthop, but thats it.

utilt into usmash as a combo only does it from the sourspot, if the attack had a hitbox behind it (which is where it doesnt) it wouldnt combo into usmash anyway since thats the sweetspot.

jab to disable isnt affect by hit hitboxes because both of those moves actually have pretty big range. dtilt to nair is a similar case. dair-fair is just like dtilt-fair where the enemy will fly too far away from Mewtwo when it stops working.

I'd say the only combo that actually doesnt work because of his hitboxes is dtilt-uair but thats a very situational combo that isn't used because nair/fair do more damage more reliably.

This is a prime example of misinformation and placebo effect running rampant on this site. If mewtwo had his wonky hitboxes fixed (which are fsmash, bair, uair and utilt) it would make literally NO DIFFERENCE to his combo game. Yet people on this website just like yourself would suddenly go 'oh wow mewtwo now has combos!' where you are fundamentally wrong because that is believing that he didnt have combos to begin with.

Do you see how easy this mistake is to make?

I'm not being aggressive here I'm just pointing out that spreading misinformation needs to be corrected.
Mewtwo's hitboxes don't effect his combos? that's bs. D-tilt is a good combo starter, but almost every character has one good move to string. N-air combos are inconsistent because n-air is inconsistent, u-tilt to grab/u-smash is not true on a lot of characters, side-b combos aren't true at all, and things like that. D-tilt is his only effective starter) except for jab, but jab isn't consistent), and definitely is only consistent one.

If you wanna fill me in on what I'm missing go ahead.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
:4fox: -1
I don't see why Fox is considered that good. Like...he's good, but he really doesn't seem better than Luigi tbh.

:4charizard: +1
There's no way he's worse than Jigglypuff after the buffs.

:4wario2: +1
:GCN::GCB: and :GCD::GCB:. Nuff said.

EDIT: I'll specify on Wario just a bit: Neutral B is a fantastically sized command grab, and Down B is a crazy powerful comeback tool that can be comboed in to. I just feel like he's 1 tier above the 2 Pits, nothing more.

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
:4fox: -1
I don't see why Fox is considered that good. Like...he's good, but he really doesn't seem better than Luigi tbh.

:4charizard: +1
There's no way he's worse than Jigglypuff after the buffs.

:4wario2: +1
:GCN::GCB: and :GCD::GCB:. Nuff said.
His eating habits and farts are what gives him the right to an upvote? Seems legit.

Top Bottom