• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Smash4Player64

Smash Rookie
If I am able to vote, than

+1:4fox: Too much down votes.

+1:4pacman:Because if I'm one voting him up, he needs one more, or else I woudn't bother

-1:4ryu:Huh?

RedMoon2546

Smash Cadet
NNID
omi
+:4tlink: I've seen plenty of toon link mains and they place well. He has potential.
+:4lucario: we rated him highly at the ste start of the game, but all of the sudden he's disappeared. He's a great character that lives long and kills a lot quicker than most characters.

+:4kirby: he's a good character. Nice combos, but not enough people play him at tournaments. Also, his dair spike is REALLY GOOD.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
-:4feroy:
+:4ryu: (Don't see why he should be down voted, Paragon showed us more than one example of Ryu being great at high level play in the right hands)
-:rosalina: (Dabuz is the clear best at this character and even he needs a secondary to cover bad match ups. I don't see her on the same level as the other three.)

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
His eating habits and farts are what gives him the right to an upvote? Seems legit.
Alright then, I'll specify.

His Neutral B is said to be the best command grab in the game due to its large size, and his Down B is a super dangerous, easy comeback tool being able to kill at 40% under proper circumstances. Other than that he's doesn't struggle in too many other areas so he's definitely a good character.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
If I am able to vote, than

+1:4fox: Too much down votes.

+1:4pacman:Because if I'm one voting him up, he needs one more, or else I woudn't bother

-1:4ryu:Huh?
On the note about Fox...aren't you not supposed to vote based on what other people are voting? I ain't stopping you, just saying.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
-:4feroy:
+:4ryu: (Don't see why he should be down voted, Paragon showed us more than one example of Ryu being great at high level play in the right hands)
-:rosalina: (Dabuz is the clear best at this character and even he needs a secondary to cover bad match ups. I don't see her on the same level as the other three.)
I bet Acestarthe3rd could do her wonders.

Lunaticker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lunaticker
3DS FC
4184-3137-6259
+1 :4gaw:

There is absolutely *no way* he's in the same tier as Ganon. For starters he has consistent combo throws until very high %, that alone is enough to put him higher. His frame data is also very good. I don't play him, but he deserves to be one or two tiers higher at least, for sure.

+1 :4bowserjr:

The character suffers from some problems; a lack of real combo throws is something I know that hinders him. Other than that though, I think he deserves to be a little higher. Despite not getting combos off of throws, his aerials flow nicely into followups, and the clown car hit at around 90% can confirm into a fair I think (possibly an uair, any Jr. mains will probably correct me if so). He hasn't been doing bad in tournies either, Tweek managed to get joint 25th in EVO 2015 with him, although he's the only one putting Jr. on the map, so until more people get results for him, I wouldn't put him too high. Still deserves to be a little higher though.

+1 :4dk:

Call bias if you want, but I think DK is a solid high tier now with the ding dong combo, which works nicely with all of his other moves, since they condition people to shield through them, allowing you to bait shield to get a grab. As for results, look to DKWill to see what DK can do in tournaments. Dude's placed in top 8 at least twice recently with him.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
+1 :4dk:

Call bias if you want, but I think DK is a solid high tier now with the ding dong combo, which works nicely with all of his other moves, since they condition people to shield through them, allowing you to bait shield to get a grab. As for results, look to DKWill to see what DK can do in tournaments. Dude's placed in top 8 at least twice recently with him.
Yus! Yus! Yus!!!

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+1 :4bowserjr:

The character suffers from some problems; a lack of real combo throws is something I know that hinders him. Other than that though, I think he deserves to be a little higher. Despite not getting combos off of throws, his aerials flow nicely into followups, and the clown car hit at around 90% can confirm into a fair I think (possibly an uair, any Jr. mains will probably correct me if so). He hasn't been doing bad in tournies either, Tweek managed to get joint 25th in EVO 2015 with him, although he's the only one putting Jr. on the map, so until more people get results for him, I wouldn't put him too high. Still deserves to be a little higher though.
Side-b into up air is almost always guaranteed, barring some characters at 0% (although I just might not be fast enough). It all depends on speed at the higher percentages as I have been able to connect it above 200%. His throws do not combo at all and his grab is probably one of the worst in the game (if I remember correctly, about 1 pixel extra in length with significantly higher endlag, but I do not remember where I saw the 1 pixel part). Side-b will eventually combo into up-b for guaranteed KO's and he can pull off Sheik style Fairs and carry them to the side blast zone.

I could go on, but thats not what this was about. I'm just trying to make a quick case for Jr. and to hopefully bring him out of the depths that he has been pushed into, even if it was not down votes that put him there. Besides, how would anyone get 25th with a character at EVO in tier 6...

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
His throws do not combo at all and his grab is probably one of the worst in the game (if I remember correctly, about 1 pixel extra in length with significantly higher endlag, but I do not remember where I saw the 1 pixel part).
Sadly that honorable distinction goes to Pacman. Especially since his biggest contender (Wii Fit) got a grab buff. While both Bowser Jr. and Pacmans grabs start on the same frames, Pacmans grab lasts for 28 frames total... but isn't 28 STRAIGHT frames. The grab is broken into 3 parts going from frame 12-14, 22-24, and 32-39. This means that even though the grabbox is out for 14 frames, its is possible for someone to interrupt it at 2 different 7 frame intervals. Not to mention that Pacman has the most endlag for a non tether grab at frame 76, a whole 27 frames after the grab ends. Only Samus has a "worse" grab in terms of endlag, and even her dash grab ends before any of Pacmans

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
+:4luigi: results dont lie
-:4pikachu: only esam
+:4marth:most underrated FE. The only one pros are seriously picking up

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
-:4pikachu: only esam[/quote]

Even so, Pikachu is still crazy good. Has all the tools to handle virtually anyone (even Sheik's Fair strings with Thunder), good combo ability, possibly the best Up B in the game, due to being able to reset to neutral when in a bad postition. Not bad on recovery either. I'm trying to pick him up lately, using ESAM as reference. He is pretty simple to learn too.

+:4marth:most underrated FE. The only one pros are seriously picking up[/quote]

I too agree with this, and am glad to see more people exploring him. I was following the Roy hype train when he first came out, seemingly enjoying his easy play and grabs, but I just went straight back to Marth after a few days. Maybe it's just character loyalty, but I just feel Marth is just as viable as him now with the small buffs he's got. Though he could be benefit from less lag on his aerials, or a better combo throw for example, I just prefer Marth's quicker attacks, and his edgeguarding ability, which is something Roy struggles with due to slower aerials, and faster fall speed. Against most of the characters (save multi jump characters/Villager/R.O.B. for example), a tipper Bair off stage at about 50% can usually seal a stock. Marth goes up a whole tier IMO if the player is good at edgeguarding.

edit: Dunno what I've done wrong with this post. Thought I was replying to somebody, but hey ho.

Last edited:

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
:4kirby:+1 Seeing all these down votes are kinda making me worry. People will soon realize that his drawbacks aren't THAT bad. He can still hold is own very well.

:4villager:-1: I'm starting to think Villager is overrated, at least in America. He's good at zoning, but once you get past that he is pretty easy to take out.

:4lucas:+1 Having used Lucas in Brawl and Smash 4 I see him as one of the most combo heavy characters, and he even has kill set ups/throws. He is good at zoning, has a good recovery, and can fight head on pretty well.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
:4kirby:+1 Seeing all these down votes are kinda making me worry. People will soon realize that his drawbacks aren't THAT bad. He can still hold is own very well.

:4villager:-1: I'm starting to think Villager is overrated, at least in America. He's good at zoning, but once you get past that he is pretty easy to take out.

:4lucas:+1 Having used Lucas in Brawl and Smash 4 I see him as one of the most combo heavy characters, and he even has kill set ups/throws. He is good at zoning, has a good recovery, and can fight head on pretty well.
What? Villager does far worse in America than in Japan (where he's considered top 5)

Seige

Smash Cadet
+1 :150:
Yeah no he's not that bad. No way he's with the gunner.
-1 :4miigun:
Can I just kill this a little further?
-1:4bowser:
I still find Bowser a bit more underwhelming than others in that part of the list he's on.

Last edited:

MetaKnight956

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2981-7717-3785
+1 :4mewtwo: He's not bad enough to be bottom tier
+1 :4roy: I'm no fanboy, but I think Roy's better than that
+1 :4charizard: He's gotten a few buffs, he's deserves to be on a higher tier

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4dedede: +1 Big D got into winners with him. Something no one else on his tier did.

:4metaknight: +1 Metal can actually get consistent kills from like, 50% almost everywhere on almost everyone? You tell him if he should be upvoted or not...
:4luigi: -1 Luigi gets less and less threatening every time I see him.

Last edited:

Cheap Shot

Smash Cadet
:4gaw: +1

Though G Dub's position is better now than in the last version, I think he should be in the next tier. He has a phenomenal combo game and great recovery. Regi also placed Top 16 at Evo with him, a testament to his viability.

:4mewtwo: +1

Though his disadvantage of being large and light is quite unfavorable, his other strengths make him a definitive mid-tier character.

:4ryu: +1

Ryu started off as a viable character and people are only getting better with him. It's my belief that he's a high-tier character.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
:4robinf: -1 I will keep voting her down until she drops =/ Absolutely no reason she should be "better" than the likes of Tink, Falco and ...

:4marth: +1 He's gotten some nice buffs and after playing against him at a local last weekend, I can see an argument for him going higher.

:4luigi: -1 I've been feeling it for a while, and before this last update, he was around where I think he should've been. But now he rose 2 tiers? Uh uh. Needs to drop one at least.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
This list is coming together quite nicely, although Doc is still above Jigglypuff, which nettles me.
:4jigglypuff:+1
:4falco:+1
:4fox:-1

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
:4diddy: +1 Both Fox and Diddy are now getting solid results from multiple players, especially Diddy. Apparently even 2 rounds of nerfs can't stop this guy.
:4fox: +1
:4drmario: -1

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
- :4jigglypuff: The more I play and see her the more I'm convinced she's bottom five.
- :4drmario: Frame data doesn't matter if you can't do anything with it.
+ :4luigi: To counter the downvote swarm. Literally has more tournament wins than any other character, and the top Luigis like ConCon tend to sit in their regions.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
The focus of my voting will be to 'correct' (within my perception) the mid-tier area and the most egregious of the low-tier areas before working on any other fine tuning. With this in mind:

:4ryu: +1

:4robinf: +1

:4palutena: +1

Reasoning:

Ryu - Is clearly a strong character that is simply harder to play than most. We have seen this is not just theory; he was used to excellent effect at Paragon. I wouldn't put him much further than Tier 3 based on our current understanding of the game, but I think he belongs there instead of Tier 4.

Robin - I would, just barely, put her in the same company of most of the current Tier 4. Her recent buffs have put her at the point where if you ask me who she hangs out with tier-wise, I think she has more in common with most of Tier 4 than she does most of Tier 5. I don't see her going higher than that, but performances by Dath and Raziek seem to bear out her going a little higher.

Palutena - No way is she this bad. Her up-smash is a great kill tool, her up-air likewise. Sh-Fair, sh-bair, dash attack, jab to grab, and a decent projectile all say she belongs up in around Tier 5 or so and I will continue to preach this and upvote her until she rises.

Honorable mention (NOT a vote): Swordfighter is better than Tier 7. Especially with all the buffs he has gotten. 1111-only rules are holding him back, unfortunately. He's tier 5 or 6 material in 1111-only, and I'd be willing to put him in 4 or 5 if he's allowed to trade out even one move (his up-B).

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :rosalina: :4luigi:

2: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness:

3: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4dk:

4: :4ryu: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4pacman: :4wiifit:

5: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4greninja: :4marth: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4drmario: :4bowserjr:

6: :4shulk: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4gaw:

7: :4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena: :4mewtwo:

8: :4zelda: :4miigun: :4samus:

+1:4kirby: Due to the common misconception that he deserves to go down.

+1:4pacman: srrsly.

-1:4wiifit:lol

Other Thoughts:

+1:4luigi: Litertatly only so that there isn't a -10

+1:4jigglypuff:Little Higher

+1:4shulk:

+1:4megaman:

+1:4miigun: Not THIS bad, and Zelda - Samus is my dream bottom tier (And my opinion)

Also more that I will say later

Last edited:

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
:4mewtwo:+1 Most people see him as the worst characters in the game, but he holds up against most of the cast pretty well, outside of the top tiers.

:4pit:+1 I think Pit could be a little higher. Pit kinda reminds me of Mario in a sense. He is pretty balanced, and doesn't blatantly lose against other characters.

:4ness:-1 People respect Ness WAAAY to much. Once people begin to abuse his bad habits, he'll drop down extremely quick.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
-:4luigi: He's top tier? How did this happen, I thought we would have learned by now lol
- :rosalina: Same reason as before, match up spread isn't as good as Pika/Zss/Sheik
+:4ryu: Same as before, he's good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom