• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Wow, this list is actually looking pretty much perfect as-is. I'll admit, thinking of votes was tough here.
:4shulk:+1: b-but muh frame data
:4ryu:+1: Tier 3 is definitely more fitting.
:4olimar:-1: I honestly feel like every character in tier 4 is demonstrably better than Olimar, except for maybe Wii Fit. Top of tier 5 is more appropriate in my eyes.

Last edited:

Liduri

Smash Cadet
:4diddy:+1 I dont want to admit it, but he wins a lot of tournaments, in several positions. He deserve that vote.
:4samus:+1 If anyone can be 7th playing her in a tournament i cant believe she's the worst character
:4peach:+1 Yesterday a peach humillated me. Just for dat.

pokeanand

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokeanand
3DS FC
3883-7193-3250
+1 Shulk
-1 Dr Mario
+1 Meta Knight

Last edited:

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
This is looking better as time goes on! But...
:4mewtwo:-1: Until they fix his tail hit-boxes and/or give him an even stronger Up throw, I think he's somewhere in bottom.
:4dk:-1: Woah...Tier 3!? Well I know he can kill really early via Up throw to Up air, but his neutral is still just as meh from my understanding, so I believe he's just 1 tier lower. He's definitely still good.
:4charizard:+1: He has aerials that short-hop auto-cancel, fire breath for edge-guards, a combo throw, decent recovery (not amazing), heavy weight, and great kill power. Don't be surprised if you lose a stock at 80% against him, and Ness would be proud of that Up-throw! So how is he lower than characters like Falco, Bowser Jr, and Greninja?

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
-:4luigi: While he is very good, he has aspects of him, such as a lack of range, an exploitable recovery, and a huge dependance on powershileds (not to mention a lack of results compared to the others in his current tier) that cause me to believe that he does not belong in tier 1. He was right at home at or near the top of tier 2.
+:4ryu: I don't have too much experience with Ryu, but I think most everybody has the experience of seeing him in the hands of top players at Paragon. that footage along shows his power and gives him a place in AT LEAST tier 3.
-:4wiifit: I don't care what ZeRo claims, Wii Fit Trainer is NOT top 15. I don't even think she's top 30. She has TERRIBLE range on almost every one of her moves, including grab, but there's little to no reward if you even get the grab because she has virtually no throw comboes ever and no kill throws until very high %s IF she has Deep Breathing. Her edgeguarding game is alright but that's about it. Her zoning with projectiles is meh. Her kill power without deep breating is weak, and it's only decent with it. Her range is weak. Her mobility is good but her combo game is relatively weak. IMO she needs to lower than where she is now.

Last edited:

U.Inaba

Smash Rookie
NNID
U.Inaba
3DS FC
4442-1471-2358
+:4mario:
+:4diddy:
-:rosalina:Like I said weeks ago, she's at disadvantage against Sheik, Pikachu and ZSS, gets balanced MU against Fox, Diddy, Mario and Sonic, struggles at landing while Luma is gone (Ally abused that against Dabuz at Paragon) plus her recovery has no hitbox, she doesn't deserve the 4th place with that situation, and I'm with ShoriSmash, even Dabuz needs a secondary to deal with some characters, like ZSS.

U.Inaba

Smash Rookie
NNID
U.Inaba
3DS FC
4442-1471-2358
He used olimar at paragon for nairo. Is olimar vs zss even good?
Yes, he used Olimar, but i don't know though, probably?
I don't know that much about Olimar

Last edited:

MrMFC

Smash Cadet
NNID
iLFurkan
-1 :4luigi:
+1:4marth:
+1:4ryu:
Also I don't understand how people are upvoting/downvoting kirby since he seems to be at the right spot (MAYBE 1 tier up, won't be a big difference though)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :rosalina: :4luigi:

2: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness:

3: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4dk:

4: :4ryu: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4pacman: :4wiifit:

5: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4greninja: :4marth: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4drmario: :4bowserjr:

6: :4shulk: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4gaw:

7: :4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena: :4mewtwo:

8: :4zelda: :4miigun: :4samus:
:4dedede: +1
:4shulk: +1
:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: -1
This list is looking pretty stellar for the most part, keep it up everyone!

Smash4Player64

Smash Rookie
+1:4luigi: Counter because of him getting votes down too much, -3 is good enough

-1:4ryu:TOO...... MANY...... UP VOTES

+1:4pacman: Somebody down voted him so up vote

monzer

Smash Journeyman
+:4luigi: too many down votes.
+:4ganondorf: he isn't as bad as the other characters in his current tier.
+:4villager: Villiger is seen by most high lever players as a high tier character. He has the results of a high tier character, so why are people voting him down? He is good where he is right now. Same goes for Captain Falcon.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
I have to say this. STOP down voting Luigi unless you want him to be high tier and not among Mario, Diddy, exc. He has gotten enough votes to move down.

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
You guys know that voting a character down or up to counteract the many votes of others is pretty much pointless, right? Just vote for them on the next round if they move.

D

Deleted member

-1 :4feroy: Why do people think he's so good?
+1:4marth:This is a good swordsman.
I have to say this. STOP down voting Luigi unless you want him to be high tier and not among Mario, Diddy, exc. He has gotten enough votes to move down.
-1:4luigi:Because a character that has no presence at nationals, has bad matchups with :4sheik:,:4zss:,:rosalina:, and random mid/high tier characters deserves to be a top tier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browny

Smash Hater
:4shulk:+1: b-but muh frame data
I gotta admit I find that same thing pretty annoying.

People were like 'omg shulk has so much potential, hes simultaneously the fastest, strongest and heaviest character in the game, so much depth'.

Then suddenly overnight everyone turns against him with nothing but 'frame data'.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I gotta admit I find that same thing pretty annoying.

People were like 'omg shulk has so much potential, hes simultaneously the fastest, strongest and heaviest character in the game, so much depth'.

Then suddenly overnight everyone turns against him with nothing but 'frame data'.
but... its... true...

I mean, hes not BAD or anything, but he was overhyped for a long time (like a really long gime, zero even made the conection of him being best wtfff)

Top Bottom