• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I haven't posted here in a while, but here it goes:

:4falcon:-1: After some serious thought, I am starting to think that Falcon is overrated. He's good, but I feel as tho people give him much more credit than what he is deserved.

:4gaw:+1: Words cannot explain how much potential G&W has.

:4diddy:+1 After seeing how ZeRo managed to keep up with Vinnie using Diddy, I think it's safe to assume that Diddy should be back in top 5.

Browny

Smash Hater
I'll update this tonight.

I don't really care if someone makes alt accounts because really, even having 2 isn't going to affect the voting much seeing as you still need a +4 majority to move a character. If someone wants to waste time doing that, thinking its going to make an overall difference... their loss.

pmart

Smash Rookie
:4dk:+1 - That cargo throw is no joke. DK should now go a few tiers up.
:4ryu:+1 - He is as good as the other chars on tier 3. Armor + several attacks and his down b are a good combination.
:4sheik:+1 - She is just too good. She deserves her own tile. Actually she deserves the Diddy treatment, and get a few nerfs (with lag).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Haven't been around for 4 damn months :urg:

:4ryu: +1 - What can I say? Ryu's an absolute monster on the right hands! Nearly infinite combo potential, different versions of the same moves and easily one of the best aerial games of the entire roster. Deserves top tier.
:4littlemac: +1 - A lot of people seem to underestimate how good he is. Just like Ryu, this guy is a nightmare to fight against! Sure, he got the worse recovery, but his ground game is incredible and his air game, while terrible, can still be really good on the right hands. I'm not saying he should be top tier, per se, but he deserves middle tier, at best.
:4falco: +1 - People underestimate the Falco. That's all I need to say.

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, :4dk: has around 20 votes! He's sure to jump super high on the list now

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

It now takes +5 to move a character up... in maybe 2-3 rounds I'll finish this phase and we will work on each tier one at a time to finalise the list over the course of a month.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Version 2.17 September 4. THREE VOTES ONLY FROM NOW ON

1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :rosalina:

2: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness:

3: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4ryu:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4wario: :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4dk:

5: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit: :4greninja: :4marth: :4falco:

6: :4shulk: :4duckhunt: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4drmario: :4bowserjr:

7: :4gaw::4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4miigun: :4samus:
+1 :4shulk: You stand out like a sore thumb where you are right now.
+1 :4luigi: Can you please stay still for one round? Seriously, Luigi's like a yoyo right now, he constantly goes up then down then up then down.
+1 :4duckhunt: I personally believe Mii Gunner and Duck Hunt have obscene amounts of untapped potential.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :rosalina:

2: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness:

3: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4ryu:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4wario: :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4dk:

5: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit: :4greninja: :4marth: :4falco:

6: :4shulk: :4duckhunt: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4drmario: :4bowserjr:

7: :4gaw::4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4miigun: :4samus:

So I COMPLETY went through each character and relooked at them competitvly, so my opinions are differant now. They're more similar to other's opinions.

+1:4kirby:I like this spot but people are gonna vote him down so I'm gonna make sure he stays up there

+1:4pacman:
All the Users on here:Oh Magic Conch, what should we do about Pac-Man and how he's too low?

Magic Conch:Nothing

All the users on here:The conch has spoken!!

-1:4feroy:Mistake that people upvoted him? I sincerely hope.....

Other thoughts:

+1:4duckhunt:Few spots too low (Like that he went down though, before he was too high.

-1:4ryu:wth he isn't better than Wario, Olimar, or Pac-man....

-1:4pit::4darkpit: Little too high

+1:4bowserjr: 46th

46th

46TH

no

-1:4lucas:THAT epic fail in this tier list came out of nowhere...

+1:4lucario:Little too low....

+1:4wario:The Pits and Ryu are NOT better than Wario

+1:4olimar:^

-1:4robinm:wth

-1:4miibrawl:^

+1:4gaw:

+1:4megaman:

+1:4luigi:Can't we all just get him into tier 2 and just keep him there please? PLEASE!

+1 :4shulk: Great Range and Monado arts are great

+1:4jigglypuff:Great air attacks, great comboing rest and pound are great, muitiple jumps, great air speed

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4shulk:: What're ya playin' at?
+1:4gaw:: Okay, I know he's not that bad...
+1:4sheik:: Definitely deserves to be in a tier of his own.

Liduri

Smash Cadet
I disagree, :4pikachu: can fight :4sheik: in a balanced match. I think she's better but not a tier above.

MY VOTE
:4luigi:+1 (He's top 10, but i think he's better than :4ness: and :4sonic:)
:4dk:+1
:rosalina:-1 (Don't feel like she's in the same tier than :4pikachu:, :4sheik: & :4zss:)
MY VOTE

i would like to hear opinions about :4wiifit: & :4greninja: (i think that :4wiifit:is in a higer position and :4greninja: in a lower) but i almost dont know this characters

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I disagree. It's not like she's ten times better than guys like Pikachu, ZSS, or Diddy Kong. I mean, I once took down a skilled Sheik.....using Zelda. Zelda. The weakness still stands that Sheik can't KO until very high percents.
:4dedede:+1 How much does it take for him to move up? Seriously. He belongs in high tier 6, or low tier 5.
:4diddy:+1
:4megaman:+1

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4kirby: Why has he not gone up after the 1.1.0 buffs? Jeez...
+1 :4gaw: What's he doing down there with powerful moves, a great recovery move, and so many combos?
-1 :4sonic: Still a good character, but not on par with the other Tier 2's with his nerfs.
EDIT: +1 :4drmario: Here we go again...

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
+:4dk: Donkey Kong has already had much more tourney representation than Yoshi and surely as much as Ryu. he still needs to be higher
-:4robinf: I still can't believe she's this high =( she has THE WORST mobility in the game and loses her kill power if your opponent is good enough. I mean come on? Same tier as Pacman, Lucario and Twink? No.
-:4yoshi: potential is cool and all, but until someone actually DOES things with him, I refuse to believe he's better than Rob and DK, Who've at least done something notable in a tournament setting

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
-:4yoshi: potential is cool and all, but until someone actually DOES things with him, I refuse to believe he's better than Rob and DK, Who've at least done something notable in a tournament setting
Yoshi is around 10th best based on the top 32 results of the last 3 supermajors, roughly around Ness, Sonic, and Luigi--the "no results" meme is kind of outdated. Forget who did the math on it/where.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have to wonder, what makes Mewtwo so bad? I'd vote him up, but I don't care enough about him to use a vote on him.
:4jigglypuff:+1
:4drmario:+1
:4luigi:+1

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
+1 :4sheik:: Should be in her own tier. Only character who doesn't have losing match-ups (well idk about pika, but im pretty sure he does0, and has barely any evens. Nobody else in the game is like this. She dominates tournaments, and the characters who have 50:50s against her are not even top 10 (imo). Pika loses, Luigi loses, ZSS loses, Rosa loses. She's just... better.

-1 :4kirby:: Why is he getting voted up? he is at 28, which is too high. Yeah his buffs gave him one of the better command grabs in the game and a combo throw, but did this help is problems? He still can't approach, he still has a bad neutral, he still has bad mobility, and he still dies early. The only thing these buffs did was make the front half of him at least sort-of scary, even though you cant use grab after 30%.

+1 :4lucario:: ok combos, aura + rage godly, great kill potential, good footsies. Only thing he struggles with is his sub-par neutral.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+1 :4sheik:: Should be in her own tier. Only character who doesn't have losing match-ups (well idk about pika, but im pretty sure he does0, and has barely any evens. Nobody else in the game is like this. She dominates tournaments, and the characters who have 50:50s against her are not even top 10 (imo). Pika loses, Luigi loses, ZSS loses, Rosa loses. She's just... better.

-1 :4kirby:: Why is he getting voted up? he is at 28, which is too high. Yeah his buffs gave him one of the better command grabs in the game and a combo throw, but did this help is problems? He still can't approach, he still has a bad neutral, he still has bad mobility, and he still dies early. The only thing these buffs did was make the front half of him at least sort-of scary, even though you cant use grab after 30%.

+1 :4lucario:: ok combos, aura + rage godly, great kill potential, good footsies. Only thing he struggles with is his sub-par neutral.
Because of good matchups aganist Fox, Sheik, and ZSS, Great combos, great air attacks, and jab, and tilts, Down-air spike, and a few other things. Hw literatatly needs to go down like one spot imo. I only voted him up since people down vote him a lot and he's good where is.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Because of good matchups aganist Fox, Sheik, and ZSS, Great combos, great air attacks, and jab, and tilts, Down-air spike, and a few other things. Hw literatatly needs to go down like one spot imo. I only voted him up since people down vote him a lot and he's good where is.
"Good" as in 50:50 or worse. Idk about sheik but not many high level kirby players have a good grasp/showable results on the sheik MU without customs (MikeKirby beat vinnie and gets outstanding results with customs, hopefully now that he is back he can show us how he plays it no-customs), same with ZSS (Nairo says it is 60:40 for ZSS, since all we really have is ducking and we can die at 15% for mistiming/misreading an attack to duck to), and fox idk what to think. Yeah we combo and edge-guard him, but almost every character does. We also duck under lasers, but we aren't special in that aspect. He still outspeeds us by far, kills us insanely early, and outranges us.

Also, his air attacks are worse than you think in neutral. They are fast but all are pretty unsafe on shield and in general. Jab is ok now that it is fixed but it is a pretty basic jab. D-air spike is one good thing he has but having one good move doesn't make you good. I think he places about 35 or worse.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1:4pit:/:4darkpit:They're atleast low high tier. ZeRo, ESAM, and many other competitive players even think so. Don't bring up the "not alot of people play them" bs because guess what...:rosalina::4pikachu::4zss:.
+1:4duckhunt: Dogs are man's best friend, Guy, MVD, and Dunnobro show it.
-:4villager:...no

Thoughts(if everyone else can do it so can I)

-1:4fox:Shouldn't be that high

+1:4lucina:She should be near Marth, not that different to put her low like that

-1:4metaknight:Nope

+1:4bowser:Mid Tier, and yet people keep putting him lower and lower

-1:4myfriends:The boy isn't that good like :4feroy::4roy:

+1:4charizard:Same thing as Bowser

-1:4olimar:...no...just...no.

+1:4bowserjr:Same as his dad and Charizard

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4falco:+1 I've said it once, I'll say it again, this dude bought some goooood bread.
:4myfriends:+1 Played a really good Ike for the first time on Saturday. This guy is reaaally good now, I underestimated it. I think if he moved up two more spaces... In front of Lucas, but behind Peach it'd be perfect.
:4dedede:+1 pure bias. He's not amazing, but he should for sure be ahead of Charizard and Bowser.

-----honorable mentions------

:4dk:+1 100% eeeeevvvveryone is gonna upvote the dingdong so not gonna waste my time.
:4zelda:+1 I believe Zelda is better, but not that much better. luv u tho bby.
:4mewtwo:+ See Zelda, but x2. Still not worth the vote unfortunately, at least compared to the others.
:4miigun:-1 worst character in the game. Literally a pure downgrade of Samus.

Last edited:

Number Three

Smash Cadet
:4shulk: +1 Hahaha, Shulk and DHD stick out so much down there. He's mid tier at least and fairs well (literally) against a decent amount of the high/top tiers. He has so much potential, too.
:4duckhunt: +1 He's in the same boat as Shulk. Seriously, how the heck did those two get down there? Like Shulk, he belongs in mid tier due to his very strong zoning game and has so much potential.
:4villager: -1 Good lord, why do people overrate this character so much? He's mid tier at best.

---Honorable Mentions---
:4robinm:/:4robinf: -1 Why are they all the way up there? Sure, 1.1.0 did give them some buffs, but they weren't nearly enough to fix their core problems. They deserve to be where Shulk/Duck Hunt are and those two deserve where they currently are. I would have used this as one of my three, but Shulk and DHD needed attention more and it was between Villager or them. I wound up choosing Villager because I feel they're more likely to get downvoted then him since, you know, everyone doesn't overrate them. So, you're safe from my wrath this time, Robins, but I'm not so sure about next time.
:4wiifit: -1 You're kidding me??? Sure, she got that amazing buff and that pulled her from bottom tier into low tier. I still think she needs more to be a viable character. Bowser should be in her spot and she should be in his.
:4marth: -1 Wait, Marth is in this game? Seriously, though. Marth is so terrible in this game, even without factoring in the fact that he's completely outclassed by Roy. Literally switch him and Game and Watch's placements and he'll be in the correct spot.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
That video is wrong about Mewtwo having a bad kill throw. Mewtwo has the strongest up throw in the game.
Nitpick, but that's not true, Zard does. And Mewtwo's killthrow requires a decent amount of rage to kill early, but Mewtwo has trouble getting it due to how early he dies.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
"Good" as in 50:50 or worse. Idk about sheik but not many high level kirby players have a good grasp/showable results on the sheik MU without customs (MikeKirby beat vinnie and gets outstanding results with customs, hopefully now that he is back he can show us how he plays it no-customs), same with ZSS (Nairo says it is 60:40 for ZSS, since all we really have is ducking and we can die at 15% for mistiming/misreading an attack to duck to), and fox idk what to think. Yeah we combo and edge-guard him, but almost every character does. We also duck under lasers, but we aren't special in that aspect. He still outspeeds us by far, kills us insanely early, and outranges us.

Also, his air attacks are worse than you think in neutral. They are fast but all are pretty unsafe on shield and in general. Jab is ok now that it is fixed but it is a pretty basic jab. D-air spike is one good thing he has but having one good move doesn't make you good. I think he places about 35 or worse.
ZSS and Fox are 55:45

monzer

Smash Journeyman
+:4luigi: He can get so much damage and even kills off of grabs. He should be at least as high as Mario.
+:4villager: I think he's really underrated in the metagame, although I may just be biased.
+:4wario: Wario Waft killls super early, he some tournament representation, and has tons of tech that make him even better.

Fox is also way too high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom