• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMO Pac-Man and Villager should ne in there over the Pits and Peach
Pit can stay, and Peach is starting to get some more love, so she deserves to atleast be close to it.
Pits aren't better than Villager. Nice try but no.
Have you seen a Villager win atleast 2-3 tournaments? Besides Pit is becoming more of a threat every tournament(whether it's Earth, Pink Fresh, or even Nairo). Dark Pit going down is understandable though.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Uh, yes, in Japan. You know, Ranai. One of the best Japanese players? Basically the reason Villager is top 10 over there?

Also none of those players have won any notable tournaments with Pit, lol. Nairo never uses him anymore, neither does Pink Fresh.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, yes, in Japan. You know, Ranai. One of the best Japanese players? Basically the reason Villager is top 10 over there?

Also none of those players have won any notable tournaments with Pit, lol. Nairo never uses him anymore, neither does Pink Fresh.
...Pink Fresh still uses Pit and got top 32 with him at Big House, he's even manage to scare Angel Cortez with him...and this was before he even got the game.

Nairo has won a couple Rush Hour Smash tournaments with Pit against Shiek mains like Vinnie and Ninento(gonna have to check the spelling). Both beat his ZSS and Zelda with Shiek, while losing to Nairo's Pit. His Pittoo also wn a tournament that occured before EVO, but besides that lost everyother one or just used him to get closer to "victory".

Earth also gets top 10 in Japan, even got 2nd in a big japanese tournament in April using only Pit, lost to Rain's Shiek, only to beat him later in the Smash 3DS anniversary tournament.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
So...we're talking about tiers 6 and 7, right? :p

(I agree with others in that Villager and Pac-Man should replace the Pits in top 16, and that Peach should just barely make the cut at #16.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So...we're talking about tiers 6 and 7, right? :p

(I agree with others in that Villager and Pac-Man should replace the Pits in top 16, and that Peach should just barely make the cut at #16.)
We're talking about both, and I still disagree with the Pit/Villager situation, but to each their own(whIle I agree with ZeRo and ESAM, y'all don't).

Pac-Man on the other hand...:?:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If only we all didn't have different opinions, then we'd be in a perfect world. Villager for me is top 18 at best.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
We're talking about both, and I still disagree with the Pit/Villager situation, but to each their own(whIle I agree with ZeRo and ESAM, y'all don't).

Pac-Man on the other hand...:?:
Sorry, bro, I know Pit is your main but he's not that good. Not even top 20. Villager and pac should definitely take the places of Pit/Dark Pit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry, bro, I know Pit is your main but he's not that good. Not even top 20. Villager and pac should definitely take the places of Pit/Dark Pit.
Not even top 20? I'd atleast put Ike in to 20 and Pit in top 18, with Pittoo somewhere slightly lower...but still we can't all have the same opinions sadly

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
Not even top 20? I'd atleast put Ike in to 20 and Pit in top 18, with Pittoo somewhere slightly lower...but still we can't all have the same opinions sadly
Ike definitely top probably like 15/16 peach or him but Ryo (ike main) just wade it to top 12 at mlg so he has more viability in tournament than people think.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ike definitely top probably like 15/16 peach or him but Ryo (ike main) just wade it to top 12 at mlg so he has more viability in tournament than people think.
I'd place him at 18 honestly, but let's face it any swordsman(or bowsman?)in top 18 is a good thing

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Pit can stay, and Peach is starting to get some more love, so she deserves to atleast be close to it.

Have you seen a Villager win atleast 2-3 tournaments? Besides Pit is becoming more of a threat every tournament(whether it's Earth, Pink Fresh, or even Nairo). Dark Pit going down is understandable though.
Results don't equal tier lists. They can factor in sure, but villager has top representation in Japan. This is a smash Wii U tier list, not an american tier list. Just because somebody doesn't get results in one place doesn't mean they are bad in that place. The pits have basically Pink Fresh and Nairo, and Nairo uses D pit a lot less, and Pink Fresh's best placement is top 32/500 players. Doubt he would've gotten it at EVO with 2000 players.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Results don't equal tier lists. They can factor in sure, but villager has top representation in Japan. This is a smash Wii U tier list, not an american tier list. Just because somebody doesn't get results in one place doesn't mean they are bad in that place. The pits have basically Pink Fresh and Nairo, and Nairo uses D pit a lot less, and Pink Fresh's best placement is top 32/500 players. Doubt he would've gotten it at EVO with 2000 players.
It doesn't matter what region/country/planet the tier list is from, results helps a character. Sure Pit's best player is in Japan and Nairo uses Pit/Dark Pit at smaller events(he almost used Pit at Big House, but didn't want to get downloaded), but Pink Fresh, KiraFlex, some player named Palutena, even @CHOMPY are representing Pit(the Dark Pit hype pretty much died out, so I'm kinda starting to feel like Pit should be ranked higher than his inferior clone(Uprising wise)). Besides, Pit is the only real all around type character in the game, so he'd atleast be top 18. Also, we'll never know how Pink Fresh would've done since he started training more during the tournament, and got the game weeks later.

Also, you gotta admit that it's impressive how a guy who didn't own the game for a long time can scare Angel Crotez and some other people. Same goes to Pepee(or whatever his name was).

CleanOgre

Smash Cadet
NNID
CleanOgre
Pit does not have the consistent results for a top 20 character. His theory like Yoshi is what keeps him from dropping on tier lists.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Pac-Man definitely is Top 16, but he barely makes the cut. Villager isnt.
My personal Top 16 is:
:4sheik: :4pikachu: :rosalina: :4zss: :4sonic: :4mario: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4diddy: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4wario2: :4fox: :4metaknight: :4pacman: :4ryu:
Mine is this, but replacing Wario with Villager and moving Diddy Kong higher. (Wario's still good, but not as good as these guys. His specials save him.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit does not have the consistent results for a top 20 character. His theory like Yoshi is what keeps him from dropping on tier lists.
Not every character can be a Shiek, but that doesn't mean that they have to be "dropped"

Last edited:

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
~ A :4sheik: :4zss: :rosalina: // (TOP TIER)

~ A- :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4mario: :4diddy: :4fox: End of "Typical" Solo Tournament Viability Characters... (HIGH TIER)

~ B :4ness: :4rob: :4villager: :4falcon: :4ryu: :4myfriends: :4luigi: (HIGH-MID TIER)

~ B- :4peach: :4wario2: :4yoshi: :4tlink: :4pacman: :4metaknight: :4olimar: End of "Current" Competitive Viability (MID TIER)

~C :4kirby: :4pit: :4greninja: :4feroy: :4link: :4wiifit: :4robinf: :4lucario: :4shulk: (Order is mostly Irrelevant from C class on.) (LOW-MID TIER)

~C- :4darkpit: :4marth: :4megaman: :4lucas::4palutena: :4dedede: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4gaw: (LOW TIER)

~D :4ganondorf: :4charizard: :4jigglypuff: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: (LOW TIER)

~D- :4mewtwo::4lucina: :4zelda: :4samus: (BOTTOM TIER)

Just a simple personal 1.1.1 Tier list compiled based on Results and Viability Ratings plus a
little bit of Personal Opinion based upon Statistics.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917

~ A- :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4mario: :4diddy: :4fox: End of "Typical" Solo Tournament Viability Characters... (HIGH TIER)

~ B :4ness: :4rob: :4villager: :4falcon: :4ryu: :4myfriends: :4luigi: (HIGH-MID TIER)

~ B- :4peach: :4wario2: :4yoshi: :4tlink: :4pacman: :4metaknight: :4olimar: End of "Current" Competitive Viability (MID TIER)

~C :4kirby: :4pit: :4greninja: :4feroy: :4link: :4wiifit: :4robinf: :4lucario: :4shulk: (Order is mostly Irrelevant from C class on.) (LOW-MID TIER)

~C- :4darkpit: :4marth: :4megaman: :4lucas::4palutena: :4dedede: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4gaw: (LOW TIER)

~D :4ganondorf: :4charizard: :4jigglypuff: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: (LOW TIER)

Just a simple personal 1.1.1 Tier list compiled based on Results and Viability Ratings plus a
little bit of Personal Opinion.
No way Doc, Lucas, Marth, Samus, and G&W are that low, no way Dark Pit's that much lower than Pit. I do like the placement of Rosalina, Toon Link, and Dedede, though!

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

little bit of Personal Opinion.
If you're adding results, Zelda wouldn't be in bottom tier. ven and Zylach has won tournaments with Zelda and both are on PRs. ven also lives in FOWs region, a strong region. maXy and SBphiloz have gotton results outside of the US too. I haven't seen anyone else in D have her achievements.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
If you're adding results, Zelda wouldn't be in bottom tier. ven and Zylach has won tournaments with Zelda and both are on PRs. ven also lives in FOWs region, a strong region. maXy and SBphiloz have gotton results outside of the US too. I haven't seen anyone else in D have her achievements.
In my opinion though i love her and main her, the 1.1.1 update puts her back a few steps, im glad to hear more results have been confirmed, lets see what happens going forward.. I've never seen a Zelda in high level competitive play, and former Tier list's already had her bottom. I think 1.1.1 is only going to hurt slower characters more based on frame data.. Think ill look into those players though ^^

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

No, just no

D

Deleted member

>Dark Pit an entire tier below Pit
>Wario, Peach, and R.O.B. ranked higher than Yoshi
>Kirby ranked higher than Pit, Roy and Lucario
>Dr. Mario and Lucina being bottom ten

my friggin' sides. MY DAMNED SIDES. they are at the other side of the universe rn

Last edited by a moderator:

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
I'd place him at 18 honestly, but let's face it any swordsman(or bowsman?)in top 18 is a good thing
Look at it like this, Pit may be the Fourth best (Swords/Weaponsmen) in the game, better them more than half xP ^^ JOKING... :smirk:

1' :4myfriends: 2' :4tlink: 3' :4metaknight: 4' :4pit: 5':4feroy: 6' :4link: 7':4robinf: 8':4shulk: 9':4darkpit: 10':4marth:

D

Deleted member

There's literally no way Ike and Toon Link are better than Meta Knight. And Marth being the worst swordsman in the game? Seriously?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still consider these guys as a top 20 contenders atleast

:4diddy::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4luigi::4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4pit:(no :4darkpit:):rosalina::4sheik::4sonic::4villager::4zss::4pacman::4falcon::4ness::4wario2::4alph:(noone mains:4olimar:):4ryu:

Also, where's the Lucario rep?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
No need to be condescending guys, honestly this tier list isn't the worst tier list I've seen. This guy has got several characters completely off the mark (for example a lot of the clones being too far from each other), but the general ordering looks okay.

The problem with making these tier lists is that there are just too many characters. More likely than not you don't have experience with every single character in a game with over fifty characters (heck, I still have to convince people every once in a while that Falco's mid-tier).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
User was warned for this post
Sam was overly generic imo. Jess was the worst, she was dumb and useless. I loved Emily's bitchiness and sassiness. Ashley was eh.
Jess and Ashley were so boring, while Sam was smart. Emily was a jerk to everyone

Top Bottom