• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Im confused, are we voting characters up one spot at a time or pushing then to the top of each tier with our votes? Are we saying whether we want them to jump or just having the most upvoted one jump? Why is everyone including their own versions of the tiers? Help ;_;

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Im confused, are we voting characters up one spot at a time or pushing then to the top of each tier with our votes? Are we saying whether we want them to jump or just having the most upvoted one jump? Why is everyone including their own versions of the tiers? Help ;_;
Same. That's why I haven't been voting since the change. I'm confused.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Ok, so what we are doing now is ordering character in the tiers. This voting period is focusing on the two tiers, tier 6 and tier 7, so these bunch...

6::4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4samus: :4mewtwo:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4zelda: :4miigun:

If you want to vote, just order the characters in these two tiers how you want (for example, order the seven characters in tier 6 how you want and the four characters in tier 7 how you want). After ordering them, you can state one character from each tier you think deserves to move upwards or downwards 1. For example, I posted my personal ordering, and then underneath, for tier 6 I voted Samus +1 and for tier 7 I voted Ganon +1 (I think).

I hope that helps!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
We're doing 2 things right now, we're ordering tiers 6 and 7 (you get to rearrange every character in them no restrictions) , and for each tier you get to choose who you would promote or demote (-1 or + 1)
These are Tiers 6 and 7 as of now
6::4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4samus: :4mewtwo:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4zelda: :4miigun:
So for example a vote from uh, let's say, Joe could look like this
6:4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4dedede::4palutena::4miibrawl::4samus::4bowser:
7:4zelda::4ganondorf::4miisword::4miigun:
Joe also wants Ganon to move up and Bowser to move down so he votes + 1 Ganon and -1 Bowser. I hope that helps you guys, but if your still confused feel free to ask me.
Edit: Ninja'd

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
Right, all I knew about was Dthrow to Fair really, so its cool she can do a bit more than that. However, it is just really one throw into one attack, which most characters around her can do. For example, Ganon Dthrow to Nair/Uair. Zelda Dthrow to Nair into potential Bair. Dedede Dthrow to Fair. Samus Dthrow or Dash Attack to Uair, Uair, Screw, or Dthrow/Dash Attack, to Uair, Charge Shot, or Dthrow/Dash Attack to Uair, Bair, Bair or Reverse Charge Shot. I'm not saying that you can't put Palutena above the rest, but saying that confirmed combo's makes her better than the others is kinda weak, especially when hers do about 14% -17%, where as Ganon can get 20+% off of two moves, and Samus can get upwards of 35% on her confirmed combos.

I do like Palutena's Dash Attack though, I like how it gets invincibility frames, that's useful in situations.
Ya thats true its just that her higher mobility with up-b ledge cancel, and her speed compared to the others just put her only slightly, but still above the rest of the low tiers. Also with most of :4samus:'s "combos" you can basically air dodge out of them she requires hard mind games, that low level players will always fall for but high level players with most of the "combos" they will realize what you are trying to do and punish hard because as you said :4samus: is bad.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Ya thats true its just that her higher mobility with up-b ledge cancel, and her speed compared to the others just put her only slightly, but still above the rest of the low tiers. Also with most of :4samus:'s "combos" you can basically air dodge out of them she requires hard mind games, that low level players will always fall for but high level players with most of the "combos" they will realize what you are trying to do and punish hard because as you said :4samus: is bad.
You can't airdodge out of Samus's combos that utilize Up Air at all. The only way to escape it is with good DI and hope she doesn't get the first Up Air. You can only really airdodge the one that involves a 2nd Back Air. Samus's Up Air has very little to nonexistent end lag, meaning you can act before the opponent can. I also just want to point out that the sweetspot of Dash Attack does get less reliable as a combo starter as percents rise, but at higher percents, it can kill, so I suppose that's ok. At high percents, the sourspot will allow you to combo into your aerial combos again.
Also, you might know this, but how does Palutena's spike work? Like I know for example that as long as Samus hits with anywhere but the very start or the very end, it spikes. Just asking because you seem to know a bit about Palutena, and I can never seem to land a spike with Palutena (yet ironically, I can with Marth, who's spike is arguably the most ridiculously hard spike to pull off. Seriously, was it really necessary to make you hit it with 1 specific frame AND tipper?).

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
You can't airdodge out of Samus's combos that utilize Up Air at all. The only way to escape it is with good DI and hope she doesn't get the first Up Air. You can only really airdodge the one that involves a 2nd Back Air. Samus's Up Air has very little to nonexistent end lag, meaning you can act before the opponent can. I also just want to point out that the sweetspot of Dash Attack does get less reliable as a combo starter as percents rise, but at higher percents, it can kill, so I suppose that's ok. At high percents, the sourspot will allow you to combo into your aerial combos again.
Also, you might know this, but how does Palutena's spike work? Like I know for example that as long as Samus hits with anywhere but the very start or the very end, it spikes. Just asking because you seem to know a bit about Palutena, and I can never seem to land a spike with Palutena (yet ironically, I can with Marth, who's spike is arguably the most ridiculously hard spike to pull off. Seriously, was it really necessary to make you hit it with 1 specific frame AND tipper?).
If you watch ryo play doubles at TBH5 he hits the spike with Palutena continuously. Im pretty damn sure since i can land both Palutena's and my main marths spike, its around the beginning of the frames at the very middle near her feet. Also i had no idea samus's up air had that much priority and viability as a move (i have no idea how to use her) but i still dont think that should put her very high considering she is kinda maybe s**t tier.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
If you watch ryo play doubles at TBH5 he hits the spike with Palutena continuously. Im pretty damn sure since i can land both Palutena's and my main marths spike, its around the beginning of the frames at the very middle near her feet. Also i had no idea samus's up air had that much priority and viability as a move (i have no idea how to use her) but i still don't think that should put her very high considering she is kinda maybe s**t tier.
Right... I suppose it's just learning to understand the move really. For example, when I learned Luigi's spike was timing based rather than position based, I started to get them more often. I'll look into it, thanks. And well Samus's Up Air isn't huge on priority, but it is arguably her best aerial, and it certainly is a viable move, quick on start up, and quick on ending, as well as little landing lag. It's a very safe move. I'm not trying to say Samus should be much higher up in the list. I am merely trying to help people get a better understanding of the character, and hopefully help them realize that Samus isn't the worst character in the game (even though it is clearly obvious she isn't when you know how to use her). I think it's fair for Samus to be low down on the list, but certainly not the worst character. If we are being really mean and harsh, the lowest position I could see Samus in would be 6th from bottom. I recommend you pick Samus up and learn some of her combos. She's really fun. Fun fact, I picked Samus up in this game about 7 months ago when she was widely considered one of the worst characters in the game (you know, along with Charizard back then) and when she had hardly anybody pushing her metagame. It's after learning her and understanding her strengths and weaknesses that my eyes opened and I realized to myself "Actually, Samus is actually pretty decent". Give her a try sometime!:)

Last edited:

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
Right... I suppose it's just learning to understand the move really. For example, when I learned Luigi's spike was timing based rather than position based, I started to get them more often. I'll look into it, thanks. And well Samus's Up Air isn't huge on priority, but it is arguably her best aerial, and it certainly is a viable move, quick on start up, and quick on ending, as well as little landing lag. It's a very safe move. I'm not trying to say Samus should be much higher up in the list. I am merely trying to help people get a better understanding of the character, and hopefully help them realize that Samus isn't the worst character in the game (even though it is clearly obvious she isn't when you know how to use her). I think it's fair for Samus to be low down on the list, but certainly not the worst character. If we are being really mean and harsh, the lowest position I could see Samus in would be 6th from bottom. I recommend you pick Samus up and learn some of her combos. She's really fun. Fun fact, I picked Samus up in this game about 7 months ago when she was widely considered one of the worst characters in the game (you know, along with Charizard back then) and when she had hardly anybody pushing her metagame. It's after learning her and understanding her strengths and weaknesses that my eyes opened and I realized to myself "Actually, Samus is actually pretty decent". Give her a try sometime!:)
Will do! haven't used her in a long long time. Good points tho

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Sorry, I don't quite understand your wording:') But regardless, I don't see what the problem is. I am not trying to say Samus is top tier (ha, I wish). I'm just trying to help people become more knowledgeable on the character. I'm not trying to get people to change their votes or move their tier list placements around, but I merely want to see what peoples opinion on Samus is, and then as I play Samus, I can let them know exactly what she can do.
yeah, sorry about that, but that was what WinterMelon did about kirby, and your comments reminded me.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It is position based. If you hit with his shoes you'll spike them no matter what point in the animation it's in.

6: :4jigglypuff: :4mewtwo::4bowser::4palutena::4dedede::4samus::4miibrawl:
7: :4zelda::4miigun::4ganondorf::4miisword:
Jigglypuff +1
Ganondorf +1
Sorry Mewtwo.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
6: :4palutena::4miibrawl::4mewtwo::4bowser::4samus: :4jigglypuff: :4dedede:
7: :4zelda::4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4miigun:

- :4dedede:
+ :4palutena:
Sorry to bother you, but you can only vote for one character per tier. You have to either get rid of your Palutena vote or your Dedede vote. You can, however, vote for someone from tier 7 as well

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
6::4jigglypuff::4bowser::4miibrawl::4mewtwo::4palutena:

7::4ganondorf::4dedede::4samus::4zelda::4miisword::4miigun:

-1:4dedede:
-1:4samus:
If you want to upvote/downvote someone, the rules say it's only one character per tier. So you can remove one of those downvotes and choose someone in Tier 7 to upvote, or just remove one of your downvotes if you'd rather not upvote anyone.

Number Three

Smash Cadet
Oh my god, the main bias and hate bias is so clear here. Kirby at 35th, Bowser Jr. at 39th, Duck Hunt at 38th, Toon Link at 37th, Jigglypuff 46th, Villager 15th, Wario 16th, Luigi 20th, Olimar 23rd. Some of those are obvious hate bias.

And then meanwhile we have Marth at 34th, Donkey Kong at 19th, Ike 11th (WHAT THE BEEP???????!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE), Falco 28th, Shulk 31st, Link 32nd. Ovvious main bias.

I mean, some people might just have a differant opinion or are mistaken, perhapes don't know some character's viability and metagame and stuff, but many of those votes came from Main/Hate Bias.

Also anybody voting Jigglypuff down is severely hate biased, simple enough. Either that Or they have no idea how good she is.
I don't really get what's wrong with most of these placements. Sure, there's a few who are off, but I honestly think that how this tier list currently looks is way better than it has in the past.

Out of the first group you named, there's three characters who I think are way off.
-Villager is mid tier. I don't think that character belongs in top 20 considering he has next to no results in the Western scene (and those results are what I go off of when I talk about tiers) and he looses to the Top 10 (bar Luigi and maybe Ness), with the Top 5 (Sheik, Pika, Rosa, Zamus, and either Mario or Sonic) being especially bad. Heck, PALUTENA even beats him.
-Luigi is still Top 10. Sure, he barely makes it, but he's still up there.
-Duck Hunt is too low. He's mid tier.

All of the others in the "hate bias" are fine in my opinion.

Out of the second group, there's only two I think are off.
-Marth should be lower. He's not good at all.
-Ike is a good character, but eleven isn't right at all. It's just because everyone voted him up after BH5 and, due to how the voting works, he got up there.

All of the others in the "main bias" are fine. All of those characters are, give or take, that good.

Number Three

Smash Cadet
If you want to upvote/downvote someone, the rules say it's only one character per tier. So you can remove one of those downvotes and choose someone in Tier 7 to upvote, or just remove one of your downvotes if you'd rather not upvote anyone.
Alright, I fixed it. Thanks for the notice.

Routa

Smash Lord
-Luigi is still Top 10. Sure, he barely makes it, but he's still up there.
I would not be so sure about it. He has regional results to be in top 10, but major tournament results? Nah. He was strong counterpick character and a noob slayer before. Now he is counterpick character and a noob slayer. He is still one of the better counterpick characters.

-Marth should be lower. He's not good at all.
He is pure **** just like Lucario, DK and Ike. He is just trash. Bottom tier. All hail S tier Samus and Zelda!
/s

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
He is pure **** just like Lucario, DK and Ike. He is just trash. Bottom tier. All hail S tier Samus and Zelda!
/s
I'm so bad at reading sarcasm, I was gonna enter full rage mode half-way through this sentence.

Browny

Smash Hater
Order the characters in tier 6 and 7 in any way that you want, you then get one vote per tier to push a character in each tier either up or down 1. If a character in tier 6, gets more upvotes than anyone else, they will go up a tier. If the most voted on character in tier 6 gets voted down, they go down. Tier 7 can only have a character go up.

If you dont want to vote to move a charcter up a tier, just organise the tiers how you think they should go.

I will update this tomorrow by the way.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Tier 6: :4bowser::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4samus::4palutena::4dedede::4jigglypuff:
Tier 7: :4ganondorf::4miigun::4zelda::4miisword:

+1 Mewtwo

Last edited:

Number Three

Smash Cadet
I would not be so sure about it. He has regional results to be in top 10, but major tournament results? Nah. He was strong counterpick character and a noob slayer before. Now he is counterpick character and a noob slayer. He is still one of the better counterpick characters./s
In my mind, the fact that he has a guaranteed 32% (I'm not sure on the exact percent, but it's somewhere around there) on Sheik definitely gives him some merit. Heck, anyone who has something that's good against Sheik gets merit in my eyes. I really think people are blowing this Luigi nerf out of proportion. It's sorta like what happened with Diddy after the second nerf. Yes, he's worse than he was before, but he's not dropping down to mid tier because of it. I still think he barely makes the cut, as I have him as the 10th best in the game, but he does nonetheless. The only other character I think could deserve to be Top 10 that's not Luigi is Falcon, but I have a whole plethora of reasons why Falcon isn't Top 10.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Something I've noticed from a few people is that when they order their tiers, they vote a character not at the top of a tier up. (Like having Ganondorf as the second character in tier 7 and voting him up to tier 6) Can someone explain the logic of that to me? If you're voting a character up into the next tier, shouldn't they be at the top of the tier you're voting them out of? Is it just an oversight?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
IMO, TOP 10 is :4sheik::rosalina::4mario::4pikachu::4zss::4fox::4sonic::4diddy::4ryu::4ness: NOT IN ORDER

And I feel like Yoshi and Villager are the only people that could ever be cosndiered possibly that good

Something I've noticed from a few people is that when they order their tiers, they vote a character not at the top of a tier up. (Like having Ganondorf as the second character in tier 7 and voting him up to tier 6) Can someone explain the logic of that to me? If you're voting a character up into the next tier, shouldn't they be at the top of the tier you're voting them out of? Is it just an oversight?
Ikr It's so confusing

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMO, TOP 10 is :4sheik::rosalina::4mario::4pikachu::4zss::4fox::4sonic::4diddy::4ryu::4ness: NOT IN ORDER

And I feel like Yoshi and Villager are the only people that could ever be cosndiered possibly that good

Ikr It's so confusing
And top 16 would be without order(the mode sensible one to me honestly)
:4diddy::4luigi::4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4pit:/:4darkpit::rosalina::4sheik::4sonic::4yoshi::4zss::4falcon::4metaknight::4ness::4wario2::4ryu:

Top Bottom